Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:04:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized Exchange vs. Centralized Exchange  (Read 204 times)
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:27:39 AM

Decentralised exchanges given liberty sell any tokens in 2017 big airdrop era started because of etherdelta exchange . Then after slowly reduced once etherdelta scammed all the people, now people are loosing trust on decentralised exchanges that’s the hard truth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EmmanCryp

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:39:35 AM

Good points from OP. Both CEX and DEX have their pros and cons. Though I don't keep my funds in any exchange, they are always in my personal wallet, so I mostly use the CEXs for my trades because of the ease of use. I will Iike to start using DEXs soon

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:41:55 AM

Decentralized are evolving and becoming easier to use while centralized exchanges are pretty much the same. If I had to choose between the ease of use and security of my funds, I will go with security each time because your funds will be always at risk but when the exchange is not easy to use, It's just a matter of time until you learn.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:48:56 AM

I would definitely use decentralized exchange IF it works as smooth as the centralized exchange. The reality of decentralized exchange is it is still not as good as the centralized exchange, I'm not sure if there's something in the technological aspect that's slowing it down or is it just under development. I do hope someday we could have a decent decentralized exchange. Meanwhile, I have no issue using centralized exchange, I would trade that potential security issue with ease of use.
I think decentralized exchange is still lagging behind because nobody will work hard to develop a fully functioning platform with various features that make the platform robust and at the end of the day make it decentralized. exchange developers want to develop something they can solely intend to be control but financially and security wise and that is the reason token volumes are still very low in decentralized platform. even new ICO want to be listed where they have absolute control on their token
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:16:34 AM

I don't ever make any transactions in cryptocurrency business, I have no enough knowledge how to transact my altcoin if I have a altcoins. But I have already bitcoin inside my wallet, and talking about some altcoins, I don't ever earn from that, and this is my very first time to earn token if this certain campaign that I've joined would be successfully done, and hopefully it would have a good market price token. And talking about exchange system, I would rather choose the better one which is not have a risky and far from rampant scammers, and I will select decentralized system rather than centralized that has easy to access but too much risky.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:23:01 AM

actually I prefer DEX because it does not need documents for verification
but DEX is not so popular and the volume transaction so Low

I hope in future DEX will be much more popular than centralized exchange

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:41:23 AM

Decentralized exchange well suits with cryptocurrencies nature, But currently, there is lack of promising and potential decentralized exchanges, as the problem you addressed, it is not user-friendly and slow.in other hand, centralized exchange will suit best for regular user who does not care about their privacy and not aiming the 'real' use of cryptocurrency.
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:54:39 AM

I would choose the second option. Just because it's easier, faster. I do not have such a large volume of operations, so I have nothing to risk
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:55:42 AM

In Decentralized Exchange, user can control their own fund. It is fast, effective and anonymous with no personal documents required to apply.
It has higher security because it will prevent hacking and downtime. However, its not for beginners because its not easy to use. And ICO investors treat it as dumping area of coins when it is first listed in a decentralized exchanges. (IDEX, EtherDelta, etc.) That is the reason why some ICO developers locked the tokens before listing in centralized exchange to prevent that from happening.

Centralized exchange means it is centralized. It's easy to use and accessible. (Binance, Coinbase, etc.) However, when you use centralized exchanges you always have a big risk for your funds because of hacking attacks. And a lot of people lost their cryptocurrencies and bitcoins due to this.

Which would you choose?

I could not think the hacking case becomes the main concern need to be considered in the centralized exchange site. The real problem is the centralized exchange sites are controlling your amount and it can change the rules anytime and they can freeze your amount.

DEX will always become the best choice to give more control over your own amount.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:56:14 AM

I agree with some of the points of the OP some of the Centralized Exchanges have their own basic and advanced mode UI for the beginners and professional traders and most of the ICO's ideal release would be on a centralized one to prevent a massive dump from their tokens it also has some initial pros and cons as you've stated but typical traders and investors must use both of them, if you know the basic navigation for trading you will find it easier to use for a decentralized exchange they are almost identical.

DarkTaiga

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:06:34 AM

In Decentralized Exchange, user can control their own fund. It is fast, effective and anonymous with no personal documents required to apply.
It has higher security because it will prevent hacking and downtime. However, its not for beginners because its not easy to use. And ICO investors treat it as dumping area of coins when it is first listed in a decentralized exchanges. (IDEX, EtherDelta, etc.) That is the reason why some ICO developers locked the tokens before listing in centralized exchange to prevent that from happening.

Centralized exchange means it is centralized. It's easy to use and accessible. (Binance, Coinbase, etc.) However, when you use centralized exchanges you always have a big risk for your funds because of hacking attacks. And a lot of people lost their cryptocurrencies and bitcoins due to this.

Which would you choose?

I prefer Centralized Exchange. Because you can buy the coin with fixed price coin and you can easily sell with high price. Centralized Exchange will help you make fewer mistakes (scam,...) but you can't avoid hacker. When you use Centralized Exchange, it will provide you tools, stop loss, chart,...It's very useful. Everything is automatic. The only its weakness is that it can be hacked. But I think that It's not very serious. If that's a market fault, they must take responsibility for it. (You remember Coincheck has given compensation to user?) Nowadays, Centralized Exchange are becoming safer and safer (F2A, KYC,...). And when you want to exchanges altcoin into altcoin. Centralized Exchange can do it easily. The Centralized Exchange I like most is Binance.  Grin
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 09:31:23 AM

I used both but my fund more in centralized exchange because they offer many different altcoin to trade, beside that in centralized exchange available pair crypto with fiat or USDT so when any bad news and the price of all crypto drop, i can sell as soon as possible to fiat or USDT/Tether to avoid more loss. Although decentralized exchange is  anonymous and we own the private key that not mean decentralized exchange fully safety because a few month ago Etherdelta was get hacked too. Both has each advantages and disadvantages.

zchprm

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:20:10 AM

I would highly recommend on centralized exchange. It will give ease to people to exchange coins.

Ecex.Exchange

Activity: 1148

https://ecex.exchange/ — First Crypto Depository

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 06:39:43 PM

List your Token https://ecex.exchange

Ecex.Exchange ▮ Your Simple Powerful Trading & Swap Tool ▮ Ecex.Exchange
Listings ▮▮ Listings
TwitterInstagramFacebookTelegramReddit
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:44:48 PM

I like decentralized ones. Some have good interface and fast matcher. But as I can follow they all have liquidity problem.
I mostly have to use centralized ones even I prefer decentralized ones.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
SubZer0

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:54:48 AM

I always used to prefer centralized exchanges because centralized exchanges are safe for trading and we can feel free to trade here without any fear like Binance, Poloniex. But there is little bit fear about decentralized exchanges about fund recovery after hacking and all.
Because centralized exchanges gives us more security to our funds for any hacking and all..
The Scorpion

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:57:21 AM

There is a big technical difference. on a centralized exchange, you transfer your coins onto it, they hold them there, then withdraw as you want. that can get hacked. a decentralized exchange is just an interface with an order book. your coins are never transferred there (except IDEX, which is a hybrid). So think of DEX like peer to peer, wallet to wallet trades. i would like to go with decentralized as the fees is very low.the low liquidity problems will be improved after sometime.
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:57:34 AM

So far having a decentralized exchange are somewhat good especially if the company of that said tokens or coins will do buyback on the process after some investors or bounty hunters sell their tokens. I have earned over and over again specifically in CHT CountingHouseFund Token where in bounty hunters sell their tokens so cheap and the company do buyback in the standard market price for the Tokens. So it is up to you and the company who will get first on the tokens being place on the sell order.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: