Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:58:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will it be a good choice to launch an ICO for my already running app ?  (Read 135 times)
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:09:33 PM

Hello every one, I am from India and I have a food delivery app up and running which covers 3 cities in National Capital Region(NCR) I have ~8000 installs already and served many customers already. I don't have a kitchen setup but have tie up with restaurants, I want to expand this business and looking forward to raise some money to spend on advertisements and perks to customers. Can I launch an ICO for this ?

The Website address is: http://acchakhana.com
and the app can be found on: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.accha.kkhana

Any inputs/guidance would be really appreciated

Yes you should do that and it will work 100%. That is because of one thing, people now a days are trusting the ICO's which are having the working products in first place. This can help them a lot to get sense of trust as you will have the working product ready to use. You should make sure that you grab more customers from the Indian side so that they can use it for real and can use your tokens for buying the foods and you in turn will be able to raise huge amounts of funds in the long run. So yeah its go green thing for me and if I were you then I would have started working on the protocol already.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:09:54 PM

Hello every one, I am from India and I have a food delivery app up and running which covers 3 cities in National Capital Region(NCR) I have ~8000 installs already and served many customers already. I don't have a kitchen setup but have tie up with restaurants, I want to expand this business and looking forward to raise some money to spend on advertisements and perks to customers. Can I launch an ICO for this ?

The Website address is: http://acchakhana.com
and the app can be found on: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.accha.kkhana

Any inputs/guidance would be really appreciated
Before you run an ICO, you should first get familiar with ICO regularities/taxes in your country. But generally  it is a good idea to combine solid offline business like yours with ICO. You seem to have also several users of your app.

The government keeps taking strange actions on crypto currencies over here but I still see people launching ICO every week with a grand press release etc.
i think you need to study the law against ICO in your country probably you will need some legal lawyer to explain to you the implication of ICO in case its regulated in your country. just because you see some grand press about ICO should not be the reason for you to run the ICO without making consultation concerning the regulation in your country. if you do that and your government take legal action against you, it may not only affect the project but also affect your already existing project you intend to raise the ICO for.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:19:55 PM

The government keeps taking strange actions on crypto currencies over here but I still see people launching ICO every week with a grand press release etc.
You shouldn't if the government is keeping an eye to cryptocurrencies there but AFAIK there's no ban there so it's still good. At first, what's the reason and you came up to an idea that you should start an ICO? You are earning well with cash and do you think there will be people customers who are willing to take part of your tokens? I think if your business is running well, you don't have to run an ICO unless you are starting to become bankrupt and you have to upgrade.

I've read a few conflicting articles about the ICO ban on India. Some say it's banned, some say it's not.

But overall, I agree 100%. You should ask yourself 'why' first and figure out the point of the ICO.
Those articles are really misleading if they are saying that ICO's on India is banned. The banks are the ones who said that they are banning crypto related transactions so if there are articles that remain spreading wrong information, you have to report them and let others know that they don't have credibility on what they are reporting. And with the question of why he needs to figure out the use of that ICO to his business, its still unanswered. We have to wait for him to reply on what's the reason.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:26:47 PM

Are you trying to implement blockchain technology in your existing project? Is there any need for blockchain technology at all? What issues is it supposed to solve?
What will be token for? Security or utility token? What makes any investors want to contribute in your ICO. Have a thought before blindly jumping onto the bandwagon.

niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:27:13 PM

Of course, yes, if you have an understanding of what an ICO is and what it is for. It's not just raising money and investing in your business. You need to consider many factors: the legislation of your country, the creation of the right technical document and roadmap, the creation of good marketing, the collection of the team of developers of blockchain and much more. But the fact that you decided to turn to ICO for expanding and developing your business is great! I'm sure that you will succeed if you start to study the necessary documentation for launching ICO.
FutureDigiCoin

Activity: 95
Merit: 22

NEXT exchange -> simple, safe and fast

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 08:40:14 PM

I see a lot of replies with a lot of information you need to decide what you should do. Maybe there's legislation which could hinder you maybe not. Will you use crypto or not. When you want an ICO I think a crypto is needed. I hope you'll make a succes of your app.
khanof89 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:49:06 PM

Are you trying to implement blockchain technology in your existing project? Is there any need for blockchain technology at all? What issues is it supposed to solve?
What will be token for? Security or utility token? What makes any investors want to contribute in your ICO. Have a thought before blindly jumping onto the bandwagon.

If I had to jump to a conclusion I would have not created this thread. Implementing blockchain into the project is not the main purpose, the main purpose is to i) raise the funds ii) expand business and iii) buy back the tokens to repay investors

The tokens will be used as security, I cannot think of a utility as of now.
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:07:46 AM

You can do it but try to think the loss if the ICO project fails, you'll pay for a programmer, developer, if wanted a campaign for the ICO you pay for the participants as well the manager.

If you earn double of the profit to your current business then do not make a move unless you want to take the risk. However, your product is a good platform to the project you want to make, but always ask advice to the experts like advisors, who are they? The managers here in this forum.
This is true. As I know the cost of ICO 50-300 kUSD.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: