Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:48:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what's a good bitcoin exchange to trade at?  (Read 629 times)
superkawaii (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:15:49 PM

Hey guys I'm located in Canada if that matters and I'm looking for a safe exchange to buy and trade bitcoins at.

I read a lot of strange things about Mt.gox like problems transferring and cashing out delays. I really want to avoid such headaches.

So what would be a good reliable no bs exchange for North American people?

Thanks in advance:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:03:26 PM

Bitstamp
BTC-E

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
leancuisine

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 11:43:23 PM

You should try out https://www.cavirtex.com, it's 100% Canadian and you can deposit through an online bill payment from any Canadian bank after getting verified.

mytey

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:47:34 PM

This forum has a great community, but Localbitcoins is where I do most of my trading Smiley

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=d32

#bitcoin-otc--innosenselost || bitmit--innosenselost || ebay--mwilga.designs || btcjam--mytey ||TorChat--r6bdccgrsvw2hjtd || localbitcoins--innosenselost
superkawaii (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:59:42 PM

thanks for your reply guys , considering btc-e and bitstamp im kinda paranoid keeping my coins in an exchange that is in a country like russia or the ukrain

thanks dude im going to definetely check out cavirtex =)

yeah i heard about local bitcoins but since im a noob im kinda worried about getting ripped off in a transaction , what im basically looking for is an exchange that i can keep my coins in to sell if i want to , i know most people would tell me to put them in a wallet or paper wallet but im still not comfortable doing that

what about coinbase? any problems with withdrawls or transfers
MaxBTC1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 11:00:16 PM

thanks for your reply guys , considering btc-e and bitstamp im kinda paranoid keeping my coins in an exchange that is in a country like russia or the ukrain

thanks dude im going to definetely check out cavirtex =)

yeah i heard about local bitcoins but since im a noob im kinda worried about getting ripped off in a transaction , what im basically looking for is an exchange that i can keep my coins in to sell if i want to , i know most people would tell me to put them in a wallet or paper wallet but im still not comfortable doing that

what about coinbase? any problems with withdrawls or transfers

I've heard only good things from btc-e
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 11:01:35 PM

You should try out https://www.cavirtex.com, it's 100% Canadian and you can deposit through an online bill payment from any Canadian bank after getting verified.

I think this is the best bet for you.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 11:43:18 PM

I have heard good things about Cavirtex. If I were Canadian, I would likely trade there. All of the exchanges have their problems. I have had issues with Gox and Bitstamp... I trade on BTC-E and have had no issues, but many complain of very bad customer support. Coinbase is US only anyway, but I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot pole considering their constant reneging on reserved buys.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:58:12 AM

cavirtex has fast withdraw times. Non canadian exchanges are not ideal because they lack payment methods that have less fees (direct withdraw, billpay, etc.)

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
superkawaii (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:45:28 AM

thanks guys , for a non tech person such as myself im just worried where to keep my money in

i mean i always thought that the bigger the bank the more safety .the less chances of them disappearing over night
kerogre256

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:38:34 PM

thanks guys , for a non tech person such as myself im just worried where to keep my money in

i mean i always thought that the bigger the bank the more safety .the less chances of them disappearing over night
cold wallet only...
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:22:37 PM

Bitstamp is the most active but btc-e is probably the cheapest. Both are good in their own way just remember they are european exchanges. Bitstamp now requires verification though
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: