Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:32:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New member.  (Read 560 times)
Glutamine1 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:34:17 PM

Found this forum from talking to another friend from another forum. I'm currently a 3rd year grad student looking to make some extra side money and learn about investing. Didn't realize I need to be logged in for 4 hours and have 5 posts, so that I can post on the other parts of the forum. Are there any other new btc traders/investors?
rbaker

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:05:31 PM

New here too. Lets hope we make some good money cause I bought 5 bitcoins last week after seeing it in my newsfeed it was increasing so much so wanted to cash in while I can.
dogbowl

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:08:32 PM

I'm new here too.  Hoping to pick up some USB miners so I can begin playing around with this.  Its all very interesting.
Glutamine1 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:15:15 PM

that's awesome fellas. rbaker, who did you use to buy the BTC from? i was about to use one service,  but after reading the reviews on it, decided to go against it, and now looking for something more reliable, and quick. Seems like some of these companies take a while to fulfill the orders, and when they fulfill it, they will sell you the BTCs at the current price, not for when you put the purchase order in...lol.
poewerden

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:21:29 PM

that's awesome fellas. rbaker, who did you use to buy the BTC from? i was about to use one service,  but after reading the reviews on it, decided to go against it, and now looking for something more reliable, and quick. Seems like some of these companies take a while to fulfill the orders, and when they fulfill it, they will sell you the BTCs at the current price, not for when you put the purchase order in...lol.

That is the case for Coinbase, but not Bitstamp or Btc-e
Glutamine1 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:37:18 PM

That is the case for Coinbase, but not Bitstamp or Btc-e

lol, i didn't want to make the name of the company public...but yeah I was referring to coinbase. However, it's tempting to use coinbase considering their based in the US.
NebulusX

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:58:13 AM

Also a student looking to make money. Bitcoin has been good for learning how to invest, but the making money part is probably not so good.
keena

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 01:19:13 AM

If you would like to get into BTC on a budget, consider some cheaper alt coins as an investment and trade (though currently with the recent jump in BTC this has dropped their ratios).
If you have a little more money, consider a 28nm ASIC (if you can get your hands on one within the next 4-6 weeks). Anything longer means the difficulty will be too high and your initial investment will never be returned (unless of course BTC jumps a decent percentage again).
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 01:41:32 AM

Also a student looking to make money. Bitcoin has been good for learning how to invest, but the making money part is probably not so good.

Its easy to make money with Bitcoin, buy Bitcoin and do nothing.. Smiley
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 01:53:52 AM

Its easy to make money with Bitcoin, buy Bitcoin and do nothing.. Smiley

Buy bitcoin and do nothing until you can spend them directly. They will then probably worth more

whyeyeschoicedotcom

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 03:02:59 AM

Hello, I am new Here too...but from what i know about bitcoins...the value can go up drastically and the value can also drop...I've seen it go from $15 bucks a btc to $355 a BTC...all the while the price moved up and down from March til Now in NOVEMBER...so You can Make Money but from what i am learning you have to know how and when to USE your bitcoins effectively!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: