Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:40:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoins now?  (Read 917 times)
Jochen (OP)

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:44:42 PM

Hi,

I have some money into Bitstamp, and it is not intended that I'm using it for trading or anything, but more to put aside offline to use in the future.
I see that the bitcoins on btc-e, Bitstamp, gox keep on raising the last weeks and only create mini crashes. Would you buy the bitcoins already or still waiting for a possible crash because Bitstamp keep rising all the time. U guys think it will crash to 300$ soon on Bitstamp so i can buy on that range?
I know it's a lot of speculation and gamble about crashes and stuff, but where you do you guys mainly rely on? And how great do you estimate the chances of a crash to $ 300 or lower Within this month.

Thx for the insight and helping the noob ;-).
MaxBTC1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 10:48:15 PM

Crash happened, expect another in a few months, but if we could all predict the future we would be millionaires. Just buy now.
Glutamine1

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:54:54 PM

The problem is...even with the crash, it didn't go down a whole lot, iirc. I remember early in the summer, the price was around what $240 or so, and then it tanked to around $90 or just slightly over $100. With the recent "crash", the price quickly went back up.
CoinHost

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:12:30 PM

I remember only a month or so ago when the price was $110. I sometimes spend days hypnotically staring at the current value just prepared to buy or sell depending on a sudden surge or crash. I think that the price will continue to rise despite small to moderate crashes though so buying now would not be a bad option.
poewerden

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:26:31 PM

Hi,

I have some money into Bitstamp, and it is not intended that I'm using it for trading or anything, but more to put aside offline to use in the future.
I see that the bitcoins on btc-e, Bitstamp, gox keep on raising the last weeks and only create mini crashes. Would you buy the bitcoins already or still waiting for a possible crash because Bitstamp keep rising all the time. U guys think it will crash to 300$ soon on Bitstamp so i can buy on that range?
I know it's a lot of speculation and gamble about crashes and stuff, but where you do you guys mainly rely on? And how great do you estimate the chances of a crash to $ 300 or lower Within this month.

Thx for the insight and helping the noob ;-).

Noone really knows. I personally waiting, but I already have bought some under $200. But not much, so not worth selling for few hundred profit when I dont know if I will ever see under $300 again
Jochen (OP)

Activity: 228

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:32:36 PM

Thanks for the tips all!!

I will look more into it and buy a piece of btc for now.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 11:33:03 PM

I'd buy them. After the ETF comes, who knows how high it will be.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
utarinues

Activity: 114

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:41:32 PM

I'd buy them. After the ETF comes, who knows how high it will be.

ETF ?

It is hard to predict price really. Nothing showed one month ago the price could be over 200 today, yet the price is over 300.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 11:45:58 PM

Exchange-traded-fund.
Please use google.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cosmicapex

Activity: 87

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 12:54:24 AM

Would wait for the daily low and then buy some to hold. (275~ is a good buy imo).

If you just want to invest for exposure, there will be an ETF soon, and there's another investment fund-type thing over at secondmarket.

Full disclosure, not an expert.  But there are a lot of people who would like to expose themselves to alt-coins to reduce risk on their portfolio.  Once there are a few mainstream ways to do so, I expect the price to rise over 500, which will only draw more interest.  

Fancy ASIC miners are getting better every few months, but they will need MASSIVE amounts of funding to surpass the best 28nm technology.  IF someone is funded for this, it would be a HUGE positive sign for bitcoins.

These are just some of the factors that I'd look at when deciding how / when to get in the game.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 04:57:44 AM

Fancy ASIC miners are getting better every few months, but they will need MASSIVE amounts of funding to surpass the best 28nm technology.  IF someone is funded for this, it would be a HUGE positive sign for bitcoins.

These are just some of the factors that I'd look at when deciding how / when to get in the game.
A few millions is not a massive amount of funding. The problem is that nobody wants to fund it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 05:13:49 AM

We cant predict it. Just buy and never regret it 

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 05:21:25 AM

You should buy bitcoin at any possible price.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:25:41 AM

i'd be scared buying in now  Undecided

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 05:29:18 AM

i'd be scared buying in now  Undecided
Why is that? A sudden dump, price goes to $250 and you panic sell?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
keena

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:38:37 AM

This recent rise isn't the same as April.. It's gradually increasing, then dropping, then levelling, then increasing..
In April it went UP UP UP BANG. Down.
I think the global acceptance is helping. And also the "Silk Road" name it had has been removed (mostly).
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 05:40:00 AM

My main motto is: Never spend money you can't afford to lose. It's all about speculation.
No risk = no profit.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
zambient

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:41:48 AM

Buy some now, earn more money, and buy more later Smiley
Lauda
Legendary