Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:50:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Service Contract with Seller  (Read 218 times)
Technomahiks (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:43:28 AM

Hello

We are running an own company and and we would like to take the service from a seller. But seller asking upfront payment so we would like to take an agreement for the deal.

All conversation via email.

What type of agreement works legally ? Is there possible to take a legal action against the seller?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:02:50 PM

Hello

We are running an own company and and we would like to take the service from a seller. But seller asking upfront payment so we would like to take an agreement for the deal.

What type of agreement works legally ? Is there possible to take a legal action against the seller?

If there is no formal agreement in place, then you will have very little recourse should the seller decide not to stick to his/her end of the deal. You could make use of the traditional legal system to have a formal contract drawn up before sending any money. However, given the time and age, you might want to consider a blockchain-based smart contract solution such as proposed by doctailor. If I were you, I would contact them for advice.
jumbo

Activity: 79
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:38:36 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

There are cases, when email thread becomes a legally binding agreement.

One recent New York decision found that “given the now widespread use of email as a form of written communication in both personal and business affairs, it would be unreasonable to conclude that email messages are incapable of conforming to the criteria of (the New York version of the UETA) simply because they cannot be physically signed in a traditional fashion”

You can check this link for the full text and more examples: https://www.legal.io/guide/551c797e777777655d8e0000/What-Do-You-Mean-We-Have-A-Contract-How-to-Prevent-an-Email-Exchange-From-Inadvertently-Becoming-a-Binding-Contract

However, any dedicated electronic or paper contract will be better for the enforcement, since it will have a better structure and clearer terms, rather than an email thread, which will be a subject to interpretation.
Technomahiks (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:07:19 PM

We both party from different country, we would like to offer a sign a document with terms/condition. As SERVICE CONTRACT

What if 2nd party use a fake name, fake sign in a contract document? Is there possible to take legal action against him?

Hello

If there is no formal agreement in place, then you will have very little recourse should the seller decide not to stick to his/her end of the deal. You could make use of the traditional legal system to have a formal contract drawn up before sending any money. However, given the time and age, you might want to consider a blockchain-based smart contract solution such as proposed by doctailor. If I were you, I would contact them for advice.
Technomahiks (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:10:29 PM

Thank you sir.

One recent New York decision found that “given the now widespread use of email as a form of written communication in both personal and business affairs, it would be unreasonable to conclude that email messages are incapable of conforming to the criteria of (the New York version of the UETA) simply because they cannot be physically signed in a traditional fashion”

You can check this link for the full text and more examples: https://www.legal.io/guide/551c797e777777655d8e0000/What-Do-You-Mean-We-Have-A-Contract-How-to-Prevent-an-Email-Exchange-From-Inadvertently-Becoming-a-Binding-Contract

However, any dedicated electronic or paper contract will be better for the enforcement, since it will have a better structure and clearer terms, rather than an email thread, which will be a subject to interpretation.
sung129

Activity: 87
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:38:18 PM

In some industry, verbal can be used as a binding contract.
But a formal written contract will save you time and money if you ever had to go to court.

Thank you sir.

sung129

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:40:35 PM

It will not be a legal contract as it was not made with each individual from the principal of each company.

This most likely will be the criminal case of fraud.

We both party from different country, we would like to offer a sign a document with terms/condition. As SERVICE CONTRACT

What if 2nd party use a fake name, fake sign in a contract document? Is there possible to take legal action against him?

Hello

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:43:14 PM
Merited by suchmoon (2)

...take a legal action against the seller?

So judging by your history of scams, I am assuming you're trying to be the smartass here.

As in the "seller" is you. And you're trying to rip off someone off shore and judging by your history of using fake names / reputation and aliases, you're searching this forum for tips on finding a legal loophole.

Am I right or am I right?

sung129

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:33:29 PM

...take a legal action against the seller?

So judging by your history of scams, I am assuming you're trying to be the smartass here.

As in the "seller" is you. And you're trying to rip off someone off shore and judging by your history of using fake names / reputation and aliases, you're searching this forum for tips on finding a legal loophole.

Am I right or am I right?

wow, good call.

we would have never suspected. Thanks
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:08:37 AM

wow, good call.

we would have never suspected. Thanks

Not sure if sarcasm or appreciation so I won't bite.  Grin Grin