Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:22:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagine 10000  (Read 4699 times)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 01:39:59 PM

There is no way it is impossible.
A wide adoption can increase the price over 10K.

The question is, can Bitcoin handle all this power ? IT'S OVER 9000 !!!
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 01:50:24 PM

Holding till ~40k   Grin
AlgoSwan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ancap

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:21:02 PM

You are all pricing BTC with a fiat money. This is so wrong! The great question would be:

How many of BTCs needed to get a 100 ounces of gold or how many of BTCs needed to buy a 50 acre of land in KY or WA?  True value of BTC could be seen with this approach.

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:36:09 PM

I wouldn't like 10,000 much. The volatility would probably be mostly gone and I make much more profit by trading than just holding.

But we are not at the end of volatility. Bitcoin is working to 1000$ like facebook to the 1 000 000 account. To 10Mio. or 100Mio. was no big deal for facebook. Same with Bitcoin I think. Except some big desaster happens (like SHA256 get's cracked).

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 03:35:41 PM

People often ask when I will sell my btc.

My answer is always the same: I will never sell them. I will spend them when the concept of selling them has become obsolete.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 03:41:04 PM

The problem is that if they constantly appreciate, no one will ever spend them.
Then it becomes a bit like the Tulips, and it will crash to the ground.

I would rather see a bit coin economy grow, then the price can appreciate slowly up to 10,000 or whatever
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 03:49:48 PM

My answer is always the same: I will never sell them. I will spend them when the concept of selling them has become obsolete.

+1
Pruden

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

Spanish Bitcoin trader

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 03:53:48 PM

Do you mean that people would only buy what truly satisfied them? That is a very good problem to have!
finder_keeper

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 03:56:42 PM

Then it becomes a bit like the Tulips, and it will crash to the ground.

I would rather see a bit coin economy grow, then the price can appreciate slowly up to 10,000 or whatever

If they constantly appreciate, a lot of people will sell them. Try this thought experiment: Someone invests 10% ($5000) of their savings in bitcoin @400. In a few months, it goes to $4000, so now the bitcoins are worth $50k in fiat, which is more than 50% of the portfolio. At this point, wouldn't you be tempted to sell some bitcoin? What if they became worth $1M ? Would you leave $1M in bitcoin or be tempted to "lock" your gains, diversity etc. ?

12HYShbhrFH1eyrmXc3zMRSFFnkgaVstcg
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 04:03:22 PM

It's too much! 1000 is ok, but 10,000?? Let's be serious.

this is bad speculating... its really not THAT hard to believe bitcoin can be 10K each one day. If bitcoin realizes one or two of its big usecases in a meaningful way, price will necessarily have to be in this very serious range.  Wink

MacMiner

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:14:03 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 04:29:14 PM by MacMiner

10K only? this rocket goes to 1m+.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:17:11 PM

The bitcoin echo chamber at work once again... every time the market is in an upswing people lose their heads. It's fun to dream, but just don't lose your shirts.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 04:37:53 PM

+1

+2

10 000$ is bananas. I will never sell my coins to hoard paper. At some point I might exchange some coins to gold however but just a small fraction.

1 BTC = 1 000 000$ at the current value of $. Based on supply of gold and bitcoin, Raoul Pal estimates bitcoin ought to be worth 700 ounces of gold.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
kireinaha

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:46:26 PM

If none of you plan on actually using your bitcoins, how do you expect them to ever be successful as a form of currency? It's a paradox. You don't actually think you're the only ones who will hoard them, do you?

As long as prices keep shooting up, more or less everyone will hold on to them (not that I blame them)... but it's something that needs to be acknowledged. It seems nobody really even cares about the future of bitcoin, other than potentially getting rich from them. Which is the ultimate irony, given that many bitcoin adherents believe the dollar and other FIAT currencies are mismanaged by governments and fat cat, greedy Wall Street types.

BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:50:19 PM

Winklevoss are predicting a market cap of 400 Billion.

That's 100x what its currently at. 

That implies a per BTC value of $40,000.

So according to Winklevoss boys ... they're calling that the top of the top for Bitcoin.

Others like the Ex Facebook exec stated that it could easily surpass Gold's market cap, making it $400,000 per coin ....

And that's only the tip of the iceberg if it goes worldwide adoption.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:51:45 PM

If none of you plan on actually using your bitcoins, how do you expect them to ever be successful as a form of currency? It's a paradox. You don't actually think you're the only ones who will hoard them, do you?

As long as prices keep shooting up, more or less everyone will hold on to them (not that I blame them)... but it's something that needs to be acknowledged. It seems nobody really even cares about the future of bitcoin, other than potentially getting rich from them. Which is the ultimate irony, given that many bitcoin adherents believe the dollar and other FIAT currencies are mismanaged by governments and fat cat, greedy Wall Street types.

Who said anything about not wanting to use their bitcoins? I will use them once bitcoin is an established and acknowledged currency you can buy pretty much everything you need with. That doesn't mean I should want to sell them for paper fiat currency now or in the future, that's not a very good use of bitcoins imo.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
kireinaha

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:56:45 PM

Winklevoss are predicting a market cap of 400 Billion.

That's 100x what its currently at. 

That implies a per BTC value of $40,000.

So according to Winklevoss boys ... they're calling that the top of the top for Bitcoin.

Others like the Ex Facebook exec stated that it could easily surpass Gold's market cap, making it $400,000 per coin ....

And that's only the tip of the iceberg if it goes worldwide adoption.

I'm not saying a 100x market cap is impossible, but I've been seeing this quoted since their interview yesterday as a sort of 'confirmation' that bitcoin is going to explode beyond anyone's wildest dreams. Let's just not forget that the Winklevoss twins bought an $11 million stake in bitcoins and are trying to set up an exchange where people can buy/sell coins for a fee, so the twins definitely have a large financial interest in this...

wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:57:50 PM

My coins are worth 145,232,764,126,758,649,443 USD and I am not selling OR spending until then!

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
kireinaha

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:00:03 PM

Who said anything about not wanting to use their bitcoins? I will use them once bitcoin is an established and acknowledged currency you can buy pretty much everything you need with. That doesn't mean I should want to sell them for paper fiat currency now or in the future, that's not a very good use of bitcoins imo.

Well, that's the paradox... they can't become an established form of currency if nobody is spending them. People need to spend them before that can happen, and indications are that network transaction volume has stayed essentially level since last spring. Some account this (at least partially) to the closing of the Silk Road, but it's certainly not a sign of a growing economy...

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:11:18 PM

Well, that's the paradox... they can't become an established form of currency if nobody is spending them. People need to spend them before that can happen, and indications are that network transaction volume has stayed essentially level since last spring. Some account this (at least partially) to the closing of the Silk Road, but it's certainly not a sign of a growing economy...

I don't think that's a problem at these early stages, and I don't think it will become a problem either. I ordered a pizza last week online with bitcoins because I thought it was cool that they accept it as a valid form of payment. And there are charity or crowd funding projects now that accept bitcoin and I think those will be used more and more because no money is lost through middle men this way and you can get the money there straight away. There are some awesome projects on the way and I think people who have bitcoins will also be spending them more and more. But right now we're still too early in the adoption phase for it to be very useful as a currency, but I'm not too worried about the future. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: