Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2019, 03:45:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: User705 sold me a broken video card.  (Read 1481 times)
User705
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:09:31 AM

Also not in any of those PMs he mentions the fact that BTC is double what it was at the time of payment.  Presumably he is expecting a full BTC refund.
The general agreement around here is that unless it's explicitly stated that the refund amount would be in bitcoins at the time of sale, the refund amount would be denominated in USD based on the price of bitcoin at the time of sale.

Goat, please at least try to work with User705. Maybe you could come to an agreement such as he would owe you the USD difference between what you paid and what you sell the video card for minus the costs involved in reselling the card.

We never talked about price if I returned the card. He just refused taking the card back before I mentioned anything. This is up to him. I never asked for him to take the card back, just told him it was broken. He then refused to take it back with out my suggesting it. We did not talk about currency types.

Also if you look at the trade, we agreed to 1.33 BTC and I paid 1.33 BTC despite BTC going up significantly by the time it was due for me to pay. He did not ask for the fiat amount. I even accidentally shorted him .1 BTC and when he told me about it I paid. This was despite the fact that I had way over paid looking at fiat.

I would have thought about taking USD if he wanted to do this but he was pretty clear he was not going to take the card back so it was moot.

edit: Maged, assuming as fact what the other side "presumes" is not really helpful in this case :/    This is on him. He can work it out if he wants but I left honest feedback, he sold me a broken card and I said as much.

To address the 1.33BTC payment.  The issue was you wanted escrow and I simply trusted you with self escrow so to speak.  There wouldn't be any difference if you paid the 1.33BTC right away to escrow.  Would there?  Not sure why again you are stating you never asked me to take it back.  I erased the PMs now but the one posted before certainly made me think so but I could be wrong.  All of this again hinges on small wordplay.  Like before where you say I'm still a scammer regardless of the "technicality" of you paying without inspecting but when I state that I knew the card to be working but sold it As Is because I couldn't know 100% that "technicality" is applicable and you go see "he admits it".  The bottom line is the reason I wasn't offering anything is because you stated you believe this to be a "scam".  I don't have the PM but I believe you said specifically "This is a scam in my book".  I didn't think so but after that there wasn't anything else to discuss.  If you are willing to discuss settlement then this can't be a "scam" otherwise I simply scammed a smaller amount from you.  Unless I am misunderstanding you this isn't something that's up to me. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
WEB slicer
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:15:15 AM

this guy shipped first. you inspected the card and paid for it. then you turn around and call him a scammer. your such a dipshit goat. scammers dont ship first.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
User705
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:34:05 AM

That's incorrect.  I clearly stated that I used it to mine and that it worked.  No other testing was stated by me or requested by you and also you tested it before you paid.  You are quite correct that others can know about our interaction which I don't believe negatively impacts me.  Before you stated that you considered my actions to be a scam.  If you still do then that's that.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:57:56 AM

I've not refused to work you.  The only way to work with you is if you no longer believe I set out to scam you but you don't seem to be willing to make that step so that's where it's at.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.