Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:44:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ITTY BITTY EXCHANGE  (Read 6952 times)
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:18:57 PM

We are currently running a 50% off fees promotion on our Facebook page. Please PM me for a code!

Right. Ignores the relevant questions, makes various vague assurances about "our research" and "our team", and stuffs in calls to action aimed at noobs.

You're officially in scammer territory. Get lost.

I've already responded but it appears the answers weren't read or ignored.

No point responding to trolls. They've made up their mind. Nasty, rude and clearly one of them is a scammer accusing us of being scammers? Making statements about our marketing person without even knowing anything about them short of a few posts on a forum? Then tell us who you say.. Once again, I'm not in a position to share yet.

Good for them. No matter, we are already getting excellent business that far surpasses our expectations.

Anyone else, you are most welcome to use our service. You will find that we are not scammers. But I do encourage to judge for yourself.

You did not actually answer any of the questions, you just spun a bunch of sleazy crap.

Maybe you do not understand how the trust system works here? Nobody who has been questioning you shows up as negative trust to me. I see Moderate is accused of scamming 1000000 bitcoins, but clearly that is just somebody upset about him calling out scams. Nobody trusts what the scammer says, so that rating does not show up in his trust rating.

"Making statements about our marketing person without even knowing anything about them" That is correct, we don't know anything about your marketing person, or anybody else on your "board". That is the point we are trying to make: you need to tell us more about yourself before we will trust you with anything.

"we are getting excellent business that far surpasses our expectations" ... You expected nobody to fall for this and you are suprised to be getting some traffic? Or maybe this is just a lie to try to convince people that it must be safe since other people are already using it?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bit Bot (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 08:53:30 PM

Visit our Facebook page.

Itty Bitty Exchange

Plenty of people there leaving reviews. Contact them yourselves.

Smiley

Over 5000 likes and none of them bought. Easily verifiable.

BitBot

PS I love how you accuse us of being sleazy Peter, when you're the one with the poor reputation flags next to your name - what does it say? "Warning: Trade with extreme caution!"
moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:14:16 PM

Over 5000 likes and none of them bought. Easily verifiable.

How can someone verify that and why is it relevant to verify such thing ? Should we also verify that all the eggs following your twitter account are all good ?
Bit Bot (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 10:01:59 PM

Get onto the page and message randoms and ask them? It will become self evident from their responses that we haven't bought any likes and they are organic.

Or just read all the reviews? There's too many from too long established Facebook users to be a scam.

The only negative one we've had was were someone left a 0/5 by accident despite leaving positive words. We've tried to contact her but haven't had a response yet.

BitBot
LordGreynick

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:33:58 AM

/popcorn

Peter Lambert

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:05:31 PM

PS I love how you accuse us of being sleazy Peter, when you're the one with the poor reputation flags next to your name - what does it say? "Warning: Trade with extreme caution!"

What does my reputation have to do with anything? I am not the one here trying to sell a service! Classic scammer technique, ad hominem attacks against anybody who asks a question.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:26:15 PM

/popcorn

Happens on almost every topic.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MPOE-PR

Merit: 522

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:59:44 PM

I've already responded but it appears the answers weren't read or ignored.

No, you didn't answer. You listed lame excuses for being "unable" to answer the very, but very basic questions, those absolutely required of any business wishing to establish itself.

It doesn't matter what entity with which title told you about the excuses, it doesn't matter how much you'd like to be able to answer, it doesn't matter if you think the reason is alright or not. This is bitcoin, not grade school; you don't get a hall pass. You want to present a business, you want people to trust you with their money, you follow the steps and you do shit correctly, no excuses, no pauses, no maybes.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:43:30 PM

/popcorn

glad I could help give you some entertainment Grin

Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:35:20 PM

As for WoT, we did not feel it relevant to our size of business however we recognize its importance to smaller traders. Our market research has indicated that the average person will not use WoT.

Generally it is the larger traders who are more concerned with the WoT. People unoncerned with the WoT at all tend to be smaller traders or simply people who haven't oriented themselves to Bitcoin yet. By eschewing the Wot in search of attracting "the average person" what you are actually accomplishing is getting written off by people knowledgeable about this space and instead appearing merely to target the more vulnerable people. It isn't a good impression to be making.

Herp Derp "AMAZING PROMOTION" Derp

Right. Ignores the relevant questions, makes various vague assurances about "our research" and "our team", and stuffs in calls to action aimed at noobs.

You're officially in scammer territory. Get lost.

I've already responded but it appears the answers weren't read or ignored. Can't seem to find them

Let me re-iterate: I will discuss with the board at our next meeting what has been asked. If they vote to disclose, then we will. This was the non-answer. That the answer should have long ago been "Yes, lets disclose these things" suggests legitimacy in that most scammers usually already have this part planned out already.

Anyone else, you are most welcome to use our service. You will find that we are not scammers. But I do encourage to judge for yourself. This asking to be trusted so that you can be seen to have been trusted is the problem. Making an "exchange" and then working on getting the trust later is problematic. The bettet way that avoids much of this criticism is having the "we" and the "board" you have been referring to explore the space first while building trust, reading, and learning things. This showing up as nobody then unveiling an AMAZING Company is doing things in the wrong order.

Kind Regards

Bit Bot (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 09:24:54 PM

I see a lot of accusations of potential foul play.

I see no-one saying they've been ripped off and there's plenty of people who have used us and are happy.

If you're here to spread FUD, then go to another thread until you've got something positive to add to the conversation. I'm staggered by the amount of cynical naysayers, all of whom seem to have some type of vested self interest in others failing.

Visit our Facebook page. Chat to the mainstream users, all of whom are delighted with our service.

BitBot

https://i.imgur.com/6yWbP8Nl.jpg
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 09:34:30 PM

We can be suspicious.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Peter Lambert

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:04:06 PM

I see no-one saying they've been ripped off and there's plenty of people who have used us and are happy.

All I did was ask a few questions that anybody should be asking and you started attacking me. That is not the usualy response from an honest person trying to grow their business.

If you were a scammer, you would be waiting for the amount of money flowing through the site to increase, so not having anybody complaining yet does not answer any of our concerns.

Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:55:11 AM

The only real accusation is that you aren't forthcoming with information and people who have been around are pointing out your presentation sucks.

Your presentation isn't even as good as most people who engage in foul play. Maybe with actual verifiable information you can fix this, gradually recovering once people know you have a team and who they are.

The web wallet functionality you have advertised though is brain dead.

joeyjoe

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:43:42 PM

The only real accusation is that you aren't forthcoming with information and people who have been around are pointing out your presentation sucks.

Your presentation isn't even as good as most people who engage in foul play. Maybe with actual verifiable information you can fix this, gradually recovering once people know you have a team and who they are.

The web wallet functionality you have advertised though is brain dead.

They claim that their server has been security tested by the best in the industry, I found 16 open ports, including FTP (FileZilla), Windows File Sharing, Remote desktop, and others. Not to mention they are running Windows Server 2008 BETA. The web platform they use suffers from exploits quite often.

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).
Bit Bot (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 09:40:43 PM

I brought this up with our developers - they say they open and close the firewall all the time as they need some of those ports to work on the server. Your port scan was done during one of those periods.  It was our second week of trading and adjustments are being done all the time. Thank for the heads up though.

Windows Sever 2008 - how are you coming to this conclusion?

Also, we don't have any wallet functionality until 11/12/13, so not need to worry.

BitBot
Peter Lambert

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:44:56 PM

Also, we don't have any wallet functionality until 11/12/13, so not need to worry.

Wasn't 11/12/13 last Tuesday?

moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:52:03 PM

December 11th, so no.

btw, "no need to worry" is always funny Smiley
Peter Lambert

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:55:05 PM

December 11th, so no.

btw, "no need to worry" is always funny Smiley

Wait, so you are trying to sell a service which is not even running yet? How can you be selling bitcoins without any wallet functionality?

joeyjoe

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:58:29 PM

Their server seems to have a direct connection to the internet as well. There is no reason to open all of those ports on the firewall (Even if one exists!), so this must be the case. Seems very dodgy to me.

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: