Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:46:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the wallet was stolen  (Read 395 times)
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:47:20 AM

My first sad experience was when I got stolen 250 Aion tokens and I was desperate. Then I did analyze that I clicked the phishing link to the fake MyEtherwallet and managed to log in. I got that link from Slack. So I gave the key from my wallet all by myself. Now I use couple of wallets, have chrome apps installed don't click on suspicious links and use a standalone PC for large transactions. Further I don't use private-key login anymore.
Also use bookmarked links for wallets and exchanges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vyg

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:51:09 AM

In order not to lose your money, be careful when going to sites. Use metamask for the browser.

\⚡OLT ®  ▬  P2P Delivery Platform based on Blockchain  ▬  Pre-Sale: 18th April
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  |  ANN  |  Whitepaper  |  Executive Summary  |  ICO Plan  |  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐▐     Medium    Facebook    Instagram    Linkedin    Twitter    Telegram     ▌▌
zoiapisya

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

quarkchain.io

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:30:53 AM

Ian Balina reported yesterday that he was hacked live when he was broadcasting. Do you think this is true? Or he is trying not to pay taxes in this way

ngavanngo22

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:32:28 AM

In this case, high-possibility people have gone to the phishing site of that wallet. Experience shows that if stored in any wallet, you need to carefully check whether it is the official website of the wallet or not. Moreover, the safest thing is to bookmark the site so that you can access it whenever there is a need for transfer cryptos. Also, do not enter the private key in the strange website.

noxlord93

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 10:57:38 AM

I do not even know, I open my wallet with the help of a file that I have on my computer, but I can get it only if I get into the computer Smiley
Mezze

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:38:56 AM

It happened to me 3 years ago. I was downloading wallets for new altcoins and one of them was infected. They took 2 btc and few thousands of Blackcoins from my wallets. Lesson learned hard way.
Mainman08

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:40:03 PM

Those people whose wallet are stolen are careless. Hackers are sending different bait to you. So we should not bite their bait or else our funds will be stolen. We need to takecare always yo protect our funds.

Katabit

Activity: 203
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:56:52 PM

To prevent theft of private keys, store them on paper. Check the sites where you use them for authenticity. Do not enter your private key when filling out different forms. Protect your computer from viruses. Do not open suspicious links sent to you by mail.

MelanBago

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:16:11 PM

In recent days, many people's wallets have been hacked and COINS stolen! So what are the means by which hackers get their private keys? How do we prevent it?

Phising and lack of knowledge of the user to use the wallet are the main reasons why there's a lot of people are being hacked. I, myself was hacked before when I was new in crypto. I was in a hurry to filled the airdrops form and I mistakenly put my private keys instead of my ethereum wallet. All my coins on my MEW were hacked by the hacker, and nothing was left.
One of the solution is to buy a a hardware wallet that you can use. In this way, the hackers cannot have access to your funds. You can also delete all your data files in your computer and put it all your files in a USB. Also, you can avoid logging in your mew or your wallet and just import it in ImToken. I imported my mew in my ImToken so I do not waste my time anymore logging in my MEW in my computer. When I want to know if I have receive a new coin, I just check the etherscan or ethplorer of my wallet address or I just check ImToken Apps. I also bought a Ledger Nano for my coins to be safe. And I avoid clicking any mails especially if I do not know the company or the sender. I ask first if its legit or not before I click it. There are so many ways to make our wallets safe. Its up to us to safeguard and protect them.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
Quymadi

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:24:34 PM

You can not store large amounts of money on cryptocurrency wallets. And it is necessary to use all methods of safety.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:14:24 PM

To prevent theft of private keys, store them on paper. Check the sites where you use them for authenticity. Do not enter your private key when filling out different forms. Protect your computer from viruses. Do not open suspicious links sent to you by mail.
Yes save it in text format and take print out and delete your text file in your system. Don't ever keep your private keys in mail or system which is connected to the internet. you can also save it to the hard drive but don't use that drive for other purpose.

Those people whose wallet are stolen are careless. Hackers are sending different bait to you. So we should not bite their bait or else our funds will be stolen. We need to takecare always yo protect our funds.

Not everyone is careless sometimes we will click some links without knowing us that time we can't do anything. But you are right we should be careful when we using secure less system.
Ayamj

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:43:40 AM

Really sad, I will advice using metalmask very expensive too
vnh8888

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:28:59 PM

You can prevent hacking by using more secure wallets, keeping your private key safe and beware of the scammers and phishing sites.
magicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:31:01 PM

I think it happens because people dont keep their private keys in safe place, use paper:) or get ledger.
megaqueen777

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:55:28 PM

In recent days, many people's wallets have been hacked and COINS stolen! So what are the means by which hackers get their private keys? How do we prevent it?

Avoiding phising sites and getting a Harware wallet can help you eliminate hacking issues. We need to keep our private keys safe and do not click fast any emails you dont know if its scam or legit. Be sure you are not fast in clicking links sent in your emails. Verify it first before clicking to safeguard your assets.
AlekseyCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:03:25 PM

I am using Metamask-this is an extension for Google Chrome browser. You can log in to the wallet using a complex password. And you can restore the wallet using the seed key. And I advise you to store passwords only on the paper.
Pebryan

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:15:25 PM

I think they use the generate key, and open one by one, if there is a coin in the wallet they generate, it will be taken. my advice to prevent it though not too much, is to make some wallets, so that when one is hit by a hack, we do not lose it all.
A.SanchezNo7

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:16:59 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2018, 02:25:53 PM by A.SanchezNo7

That's a terrible thing! so sorry when hear that!
A.SanchezNo7

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:26:30 PM

That's an important problem and usually happend today.
Sometimes, it's easy be stolen because we wasn't careful when provide information.
So we need carefully when use private infomation in the internet.
When I began bounty campaign, somtimes i receiver impostrous e-mails request provide some infomation, example, Wallet Address, private key..., they say that i will not receiver tokens of the campaign if i don't give information they request. So lucky, I was very suprise when they request private key so I ask the Admin of campaign on Telegram channel and he say the campaign don't request any things like that and that was SCAMs.

Above is my exprience about risk of stolen wallet. So I think we need be careful when receiver similar requirements.
I hope another member will share their exprience, that is good for prevent the stolen on internet.

Thanks
Fatman861

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:30:36 PM

To me on the mail constantly come letters with strange links allegedly to my wallet and with requests to enter a login and password. Once I even got hooked and lose money. But I take it only as a payment for my carelessness and dispersion! Now I have become more cautious! I advise you to keep the link to your wallet in the notebook and to enter the wallet only by this link!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: