Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:06:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing BidBitcoins.com. NEW Auction Site like E-Bay - All Sales in Bitcoins  (Read 4243 times)
TheBitMan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 01:41:29 AM

This is actually a brilliant idea. That said, that logo looks like hell and I'd advise against it. Find a designer willing to work with you on a consistent theme.
Embarrassed
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jayfitt

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 01:42:28 AM

Hi jayfitt,
   I am working on getting the https in place at this time.
   Trufina is not one of those "credit check" type websites. I don't think you have to pay for anything additionally. It's up to them to confirm you. I'm pretty sure of this. Their process is not too difficult to get through. They use your credit card data to first confirm you, initially, then they ask you a series of questions that, based on their web search using their customized algorithm, they grab your data, and if you don't match the questions right, you get a new set of questions. Im pretty sure they have some database access, but the companies that have real good database access charge the host site a large fee to verify customers. Trufina also uses Phone confirmation
   The point is not for me to scrutinize everyone and make sure you have an A+ credit rating, it's to make sure that people do not sign up for the site, create some positive feedback, then scam people for something relatively expensive, only to sign up again and do the same thing. That's the main reason for this, is fraud prevention for the buyers. It does not have to be too complicated. Feedback is the first step, then ID verification comes in right behind it. If anyone has any better solutions that are less expensive and less intrusive, by all means, please share them, and i'll consider it. So far, Trufina seems workable.
   If you sign up, and cannot get verified for some reason, then I will make allowances, but you'll have to send scans of personal info like credit card and drivers license and a current bill that matches the address on both.
   I figured people would appreciate good security without too much infringement, so I opted for Trufina instead of this method, but either one can solve the problem. This way I can avoid holding everyone's personal info until or unless I become a full fledged registered business.

Hope that helps.

I agree with you, security and accountability are important. I appreciate (and I'm sure the community does too) that you want to create a safe environment for us to buy and sell. My only concern was giving access to my personal/financial information to another 3rd party that I can't find much info about.

BidBitcoins (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 01:45:50 AM

WINNING!

TheBitMan

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 01:46:19 AM

I vote for this one!  Grin
jayfitt

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 01:46:41 AM

I like it, much better than the current logo!
Anonymous

August 01, 2011, 01:49:43 AM

Since I can see clipping, might I ask where you got the image of the gavel from?

Edit: I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you don't have rights to the source image, at least not in the capacity you're using them.

BidBitcoins, check your PMs.
BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 02:04:11 AM

Hi TheBitMan,
   So far, I like yours best, but unfortunately, it's the only one so far. I'm considering it though. I want to see some others first.
   So far, WINNING!, but not yet Won!

Anonymous

August 01, 2011, 10:59:11 AM

TheBitMan, the link you sent me to the force image you used explicitly states it is for noncommercial use only. Since this is blatantly commercial, BidBitcoins would be putting himself at financial/legal risk to use it.
TheBitMan

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 11:51:05 AM

TheBitMan, the link you sent me to the force image you used explicitly states it is for noncommercial use only. Since this is blatantly commercial, BidBitcoins would be putting himself at financial/legal risk to use it.
Only if he sold the image
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 02:08:08 PM

Good looking site. Maybe a couple of these will soon be up for bid.

QuantumQrack

Activity: 337

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 05:02:30 PM

Any particular reason that your website looks like this one?  http://www.bidcoin.com/index.php?
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 05:12:11 PM

Any particular reason that your website looks like this one?  http://www.bidcoin.com/index.php?

Off the shelf software - nothing wrong with that. Much easier than creating it from scratch. Just need to make sure it's secure for the purpose it is used for.
Anonymous

August 01, 2011, 05:42:08 PM

Only if he sold the image

You obviously don't know anything about copyright law. First off it's a violation to sell the image as part of a logo design (which is what he is trying to do) and secondly it's a violation to use this image as part of a for-profit enterprise (which BidBitcoins is).
wallet.dat

Activity: 253

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:02:17 PM

Ok I registered about 10 mins ago, but I've yet to receive a confirmation/verification Email.  How long does it usually take?

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:03:13 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2011, 06:47:17 PM by BidBitcoins

Any particular reason that your website looks like this one?  http://www.bidcoin.com/index.php?

Well, I was not aware of it, and they have a good domain name. They are using the same off the shelf software. But they have left the branding in for some reason. Maybe they are not confident in it.
I removed the branding, paid extra for that of course, and now added the SSL which should be in place today. I'm very serious about this site and intend to make it a success. Maybe i'll have some healthy competition?

One difference I see right away is that he is not giving away $500 worth of FREE bitcoins to a total of 2 Registered users within the first 500 signups like I am.  Grin  

WINNING!

I also spent approx. 30 hours on the categories section to expand it to be as close to ebays as possible. The off the shelf version contained maybe 100 category sections and i've expanded it to several thousand for http://bidbitcoins.com

BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:04:32 PM

Ok I registered about 10 mins ago, but I've yet to receive a confirmation/verification Email.  How long does it usually take?

The e-mail process from the system can take up to an hour but should be a little less than that.
wallet.dat

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:07:30 PM

Oh ok, I just got it.  Thanks!

giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:08:34 PM

Nice site. But how do you plan to protect buyers from fraudulent sellers? Your service just opened and there are no any sellers history and feedbacks.
wallet.dat

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:15:11 PM

If it's totally anonymous, why did it ask for my phone # during registration?

BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:15:21 PM

Nice site. But how do you plan to protect buyers from fraudulent sellers? Your service just opened and there are no any sellers history and feedbacks.

The first method is the feedback of course. Buyer beware. The second wall of protection is the Trufina registration. They are a 3rd party completely unrelated. They charge $5 and verify your identity. Once someone has given their credit card to trufina, and registered as the same name on the site, then they have to create a new identity themselves to come back and sign up again on my site, and they would have to be reverified by trufina. I'm hoping this is enough to help people stay secure. If it turns out to not be enough for the protection needed, i'll either register the business and start accepting cards myself for proof of identity or I'll have people send scans of important documents or i'll enlist  the services of a bigger and badder verification fish in the large internet sea. There are several of these but they charge the host site a small fortune. Usually that's how it is when the prices are not even listed on the site. There are at least 3 to choose from.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: