Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:07:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing BidBitcoins.com. NEW Auction Site like E-Bay - All Sales in Bitcoins  (Read 4243 times)
BidBitcoins (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:17:59 PM

If it's totally anonymous, why did it ask for my phone # during registration?

You cannot be anonymous from me, as I have to know who my customers and users are. You are anonymous from banking activity while selling or buying on the site. That's my only claim for anonymity.
The phone number is an important verification step because trufina uses it as well and will call you with a code. Then I get to match data with them and when everything adds up correctly, I can trust you better and so can everyone who uses the site.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wallet.dat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:23:15 PM

Meh.. Good concept, but a few too many hoops to jump through.

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
Intervex Digital

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:29:49 PM

Hmm... Maybe something like this?

http://mark.intervex.net/images/BidBitCoins_Concept.png
BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:31:00 PM

Meh.. Good concept, but a few too many hoops to jump through.

I wish I could make it easier or better, but we are infancy stages of bitcoins. We'll be lucky if there are 50 people with products that can be posted right away. People go through tons of hoops to hook up their ebay account to paypal, sign up for paypal, do the verifications etc. It's all relevant to how important it is to you.
If there were already 5000 items up there and 100 people registered, the playing field would look slightly different and it may be more worth it for you then.  

As people support the site, it will grow and become more and more of an asset for everyone. It's really your site, or "our ebay", so it's up to us to create it and make it work and make it work smoothly as can be. I'm sure things will improve in time.
BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:33:27 PM

Now that's very nice. And nothing lifted. I like it a lot. Will probably go with this. Would love to hear what some others think about it, too. This is definitely #1 right now. Thanks!
TheBitMan

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:34:45 PM

Is nice.. But I will accept half of whatever you were going to pay him! Grin
BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:42:05 PM

Hi TheBitMan,
   Let competition empower you to try harder not to sell yourself short.
Let's see some more! When the going get's tough, the tough step up!
It's not too late to bring it to the table.
Good luck!
Intervex Digital

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:44:04 PM

Now that's very nice. And nothing lifted. I like it a lot. Will probably go with this. Would love to hear what some others think about it, too. This is definitely #1 right now. Thanks!

Thanks,  if you choose it I'll send over the PSD file as well... Some type is rasterized, but it can be easily re-done to be fully type/path based (with the exception of the coin image which was taken from skull88 here on the forum: http://bitcointalk.org/?topic=687.0.)

In all fairness, if you select this image, I will split the proceeds with skull88.  His BTC address is in the quote below if you'd like to send his share directly to him.
You can use them freely for whatever you want, ofcourse if you use them or like them, a donation is always welcome (1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr)
I would double check with him via PM to ensure that wallet address wasn't with one of the recent casualties of greed though...
TheBitMan

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:44:26 PM

Hi TheBitMan,
   Let competition empower you to try harder not to sell yourself short.
Let's see some more! When the going get's tough, the tough step up!
It's not too late to bring it to the table.
Good luck!
I am not a pro but I will try again later
BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:49:46 PM

Thanks,  if you choose it I'll send over the PSD file as well... Some type is rasterized, but it can be easily re-done to be fully type/path based (with the exception of the coin image which was taken from skull88 here on the forum: http://bitcointalk.org/?topic=687.0.)

In all fairness, if you select this image, I will split the proceeds with skull88.  His BTC address is in the quote below if you'd like to send his share directly to him.
You can use them freely for whatever you want, ofcourse if you use them or like them, a donation is always welcome (1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr)
I would double check with him via PM to ensure that wallet address wasn't with one of the recent casualties of greed though...

Thanks Intervex, i'm seriously considering it. It has everything i'm looking for and it looks very nice. I'll probably decide by the end of today. I need to get the site branded asap.
Intervex Digital

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 06:55:25 PM

Thanks Intervex, i'm seriously considering it. It has everything i'm looking for and it looks very nice. I'll probably decide by the end of today. I need to get the site branded asap.

No problem, happy to help another start-up.

Also looking at it again the shadows are a bit much...  It's all layer styles though (gradients, shadows, strokes, etc) so it's easy enough to do away with them...
Anonymous

August 01, 2011, 07:27:21 PM

Give me a bit to draw something up, I actually have a graphic design background but none of the tools with me. I'll see what I can swing with what I've got.

TheBitMan, underselling doesn't change the fact that he cannot legally use your design.
BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 11:39:48 PM

First public auction is now up at http://bidbitcoins.com
 Grin

Anyone hungry?
BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 04:57:37 AM

SSL is now active. This should help secure things even more.

BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 06:50:17 PM

A suggestion for those who want to make a few extra bitcoins.

If people are inclined, and since fees are free for the first 3 months, for starting fees and closing fees, anyone who wants to make a few extra bucks can take items they know of locally, take pictures of them and list them on the site. If you know of some good products, just choose a value in bitcoins just slightly higher than the cost in dollars. That way you won't lose any money on the auctions. If the prices are started at your minimum, one never knows and you may make some sales.

For instance, if you have some cash lying around that you can cover, go ahead and list some software or product on the site. If it sells, you'll be paid in bitcoins first. Then you can just make the purchase for the person and send it to them, and pocket the difference. I might end up doing that myself to help get the ball rolling.

BTW, I have not gotten much response yet about the trufina signup process. 10 people have signed up so far, but none have gone through the process yet. Is this a problem for people? If so, what can I do to make it better?

Thanks everyone,
BidBitcoins Admin
BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 10:03:26 PM

I just wanted to add to this thread the fact that I have decided to stop the Trufina Verification process for users who sign up. Several people have mentioned they felt is was too much to deal with and they did not want to use it. We can try it out, and see if it works without it. Hopefully, feedback will be enough to help people stay safe.  Smiley
Seraphim401

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 10:19:49 PM

This one has my vote!

BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 12:28:08 AM

If you signed up and had problems starting an auction, the bug is fixed now.
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.
http://bidbitcoins.com
BidBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 01:12:54 AM

Now would be a good time to get a pizza delivered for half price!  Grin

http://bidbitcoins.com/auction_details.php?name=Large-Size-Pizza-Fully-Delivered-Less-than-10000-BTC&auction_id=100010#da7a34ee225e
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: