Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:35:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on an altcoin Mining Contract?  (Read 1202 times)
jpmi1 (OP)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:58:05 PM

I see a bunch of bitcoin mining companies that sell contracts what about an altcoin mining contract? Profitable? Cost? Long-term? ROI?

Thanks

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯ RELAUNCH First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_yin
XPM:AeuQPMAGRLyWbWkVgAtE4JcfSyGHATUkmG
DTC:D9mwyQo9xPAPWCtKYhthnX2uSPivcjKyLN
scousesmoker

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:21:48 PM

If the costs we're reasonable I would definitely rent scrypt/CPU hash power if I could somehow specify which coin and which pool at any given time I would mine.

I've made a good amount of BTC recently mining coins which hadn't hit exchanges at the time(easy mining/low difficulty) an then selling when they hit the exchanges with my measly ~2500k/hs mining PC. It could have been much more had I been able to increase my hashpower without having to upgrade my existing hardware.

this is scousesmoker Smiley
jpmi1 (OP)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:17:22 PM

If the costs we're reasonable I would definitely rent scrypt/CPU hash power if I could somehow specify which coin and which pool at any given time I would mine.

I've made a good amount of BTC recently mining coins which hadn't hit exchanges at the time(easy mining/low difficulty) an then selling when they hit the exchanges with my measly ~2500k/hs mining PC. It could have been much more had I been able to increase my hashpower without having to upgrade my existing hardware.

Thank you for your feedback. Would you be able to tell us what coins you mined?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯ RELAUNCH First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_yin
XPM:AeuQPMAGRLyWbWkVgAtE4JcfSyGHATUkmG
DTC:D9mwyQo9xPAPWCtKYhthnX2uSPivcjKyLN
scousesmoker

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:00:45 PM

Thank you for your feedback. Would you be able to tell us what coins you mined?

Sure, over the past 4-5 months I've mined pretty much each new scrypt and CPU coin upon release when the difficulty has been low and they're off exchange, sometimes I'll only mine for a day sometimes more depending on wether something new comes along, over time I've had particular success with COL, ADT, NET, TIX and more recently TAG.... I'm also holding relatively large numbers of ZEU, PPL, Skeincoin along with the sci-fi coins plus minor holdings of others such as Maples and Kudos in anticipation of them hitting exchanges. I currently have my scrypt hashes split between ZEU and TAG since they're both good coins and TAG is still relatively profitable ATM, my 24 g/hs ASIC is pointed at betacoin and both my CPUS are mining the newly released Datacoin.

It does have risks involved though since many coins don't/haven't hit exchanges but the potential profits of new coins at low difficulties offsets this risk IMO.

this is scousesmoker Smiley
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:56:34 PM

is this going to happen?

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: