Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:56:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ability to Delete other users' posts on NON Self-Moderated Thread  (Read 191 times)
apoorvlathey (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 12:41:46 PM

I had started a non self-moderated thread and while viewing post history of one of the users who had posted there, I saw the option to delete that particular post :

It is not board specific, I checked with other threads that I had opened in other boards too, and the option is still there.

Although while viewing the posts on the thread there is no delete option, as one would have if the post was self moderated like this :

I haven't tried to click on that button to delete any posts, but I would like to know whether the button works or not. If yes, is it intentional by forum admin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 01:18:27 PM

If I am able to delete post all over the place, this forum will be half the size it is at the moment. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 01:37:23 PM

I haven't tried to click on that button to delete any posts, but I would like to know whether the button works or not.
I just tried using it and it doesn't work on normal threads (perhaps "theymos" forgot to hide it [given that this is the first time that I noticed it and most likely this is the case for most users]):

An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry, but you cannot remove these posts, even though they are replies to your topic.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:00:45 PM

If I am able to delete post all over the place, this forum will be half the size it is at the moment. Smiley

I will help you to make it faster if i can too, hahaha.

Tried it and it can not be done. It would be a disaster for all the bounty hunter who spams this forum a lot if that can happens, even for a short time, because there are many people who really want this forum to be clean form that thing.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16557

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 04:31:13 PM

Tried it and it can not be done. It would be a disaster for all the bounty hunter who spams this forum a lot if that can happens, even for a short time, because there are many people who really want this forum to be clean form that thing.
The button only shows up for the person who started the thread. If bounty managers wanted to keep their thread clean, they would have made it self-moderated in the first place. And they won't do that, because their thread would disappear from the first page in about 4 minutes.
Bounty threads can only go without spam if all bounty managers keep their threads clean, and that won't happen as long as they can get away with spamming the forum.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Blue Tyrant
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 65

IOS - The secure, scalable blockchain

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:17:25 PM

Bounty threads can only go without spam if all bounty managers keep their threads clean, and that won't happen as long as they can get away with spamming the forum.

It doesn't really help that a large number of campaign managers themselves hire bumpers and expect the participants to post "productive, constructive comments, questions and reviews" regarding the project on a regular basis

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:07:44 PM

This is a bug with SMF. It is a very minor issue and so Theymos hasn’t bothered fixing it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=961711.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: