Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:49:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Delete button  (Read 1280 times)
botany (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:27:00 AM

When I go to any person's profile and look at his last posts, I see a "delete button" next to the posts made by that person in threads I have started. These threads are not self-moderated.

If I click on the delete button, I get the following pop-up  "Remove this message?"
If I click yes, I get the following message
"An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, but you cannot remove these posts, even though they are replies to your topic.
"

Is this a bug? Why should the delete button be visible at all, if it is not a self-moderated thread?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
feryjhie

Activity: 882
Merit: 595

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:28:57 AM

When I go to any person's profile and look at his last posts, I see a "delete button" next to the posts made by that person in threads I have started. These threads are not self-moderated.

If I click on the delete button, I get the following pop-up  "Remove this message?"
If I click yes, I get the following message
"An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, but you cannot remove these posts, even though they are replies to your topic.
"

Is this a bug? Why should the delete button be visible at all, if it is not a self-moderated thread?

May be it just a bug, because only mod and global mod can delete a reply post in not a self moderated thread
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:49:33 AM

It's a test to see who will try to delete posts that they're not allowed to delete. You failed. Wink

It's a bug (or maybe an intentional optimization) that always exists in SMF AFAIK, but it's a very minor issue, so I never fixed it.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: