Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:07:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam in crypto sphere!  (Read 201 times)
NikoF (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 8

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 07:04:07 PM

Hey guys, I think cryptosphere is one if the most dangerous way to invest your free money. Scam is everywhere, in ICOs, in bounties, in airdrops. You can get scammed even entering the wrong URL of etherwallet. What do you think about this? Do you think we will find solution for this problem in the future? What do you think this solution will be? Anyway crypto market is for experienced investors. If you are Newbie and panicking about every pump go invest into gold  Wink

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:46:05 PM

Knowledge is all you have to avoid scam. But I don't think, that scam in "cryptosohere" is more than elsewhere. Think on the Bux, PTC and all the ponzi sites. You can also see many scam offers on warriorforum. But if you are familiar on scam schemes, you can quickly uncover cheatings on any section.
Generally presuming, most scam is in cryptoshere is in my opinion same nonesense as to think, Bitcoin is used by criminals. Cryptos are currencies with innovative technologies, nothing else.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:53:40 PM

Even newbies can invest in solid projects with a little bit of research and an ability of critical thinking. At the same time they learn how to avoid scams, phishing attempts etc.   
panghae

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:56:40 PM

You cant avoid scams,almost all the projects today are scams,as we speak you might be joining a scam because researching isnt enough if those legit and verified people are going to steal millions of dollars after they have raised enough funds.You shouldnt be trusting the ICO reviews if you are going to join any,do your own research to LESSEN the risk of gettign scammed but research wont give you 100% guarantee.

HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:03:05 PM

Hey guys, I think cryptosphere is one if the most dangerous way to invest your free money. Scam is everywhere, in ICOs, in bounties, in airdrops. You can get scammed even entering the wrong URL of etherwallet. What do you think about this? Do you think we will find solution for this problem in the future? What do you think this solution will be? Anyway crypto market is for experienced investors. If you are Newbie and panicking about every pump go invest into gold  Wink
I suppose that tendence everywhere not only in crypto. Ponzi scam is everywhere in investments space. Securities papers it's same scam but on another level.
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:21:16 PM

I'm sure the community will find a solution. Crypto industry is still very young, here as in wild jungle, animals devour other animals and larger predators devour all.
In time, a clear regulation of the cryptosphere will appear. There will be recognition of cryptocurrency at the state level. And then a legislative base will be developed that will protect the person who use cryptocurrency.
JanCoppens

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:24:10 PM

You should look after yourself. I have been in crypto for 6 months and have never been scammed, because I do thorough research.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:26:31 PM

I don't believe there will ever be the solution for such thing. Look at the "normal and real world" you have many scams that are done on daily basis. Even more than in the crypto field. Sadly there is really low chance of stopping them to happen. What we can do is to report those websites and to be careful ourselves what we do and don't do.
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:29:34 PM

If you don't watch out you will get scammed in crypto. it's sad but it will make you an expert at security Wink
BattleZeo

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Global loyalty & rewards

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:30:15 PM

I think the problem will be solved when people stop participating in all the bounty projects at once. Then no one will know about the rock, but at the moment it is impossible.

kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:38:20 PM

Do not worry mate, i agree it is risky but risk takers are the biggest winners as well, risks and scams are everywhere there is no guarantee about anything and any business or investment, so we take profit, loss or gain experience from each of our investment.

Zeraphine

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:17:19 PM

Higher risks - higher gains. Such a gambling sphere is full of danger and scam. People who cannot put up with major losses shouldn’t enter this sphere, cuz we may have lots of coins, but we still have one health.
URrep

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:26:43 PM

Instead of investing into scam you can just launch your own ICO and show how does good project should looks like. Ethereum is quite expensive for that purposes, check out MyWish or something same to it
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:36:37 PM

I do think there are a ton of scams in crypto due to how easy it is to stay anonymous.  When people have little to no risk of exposing their identity to law enforcement and such, they will continue to try to squeeze money out of a trusting inexperienced investor.  At the same time, some people who are in crypto tend to be risky with their money and might invest with little to no research simply due to FOMO.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:44:54 PM

theres no better way to be safe from those criminals but to be more obedient and observant,before getting involve into any of those ico,make sure that you already proven its authenticity the reliability and the originality of every project.read the white paper,background check every people thats been involved
road2ez

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:42:47 AM

Educate yourself, hackers are also living on their knowledge.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:00:14 AM

Where there is money there would be scam. Be very aware when you use your private keys. Don't access your wallet with your private key unless you want to transfer ETH or token. Metamask and desktop wallet are much secure platform than myehterwallet.

winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:04:47 AM

No there is no solution to this, it is not like cryptocurrencies are more vulnerable to attacks, people are getting hacked left and right and are losing their information and a lot of money in fiat as well, the difference is that once you lose your money in crypto you are never going to get it back, so any mistake you make with cryptocurrencies will be extremely costly.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:10:49 AM

Criminal opportunists are in every financial market sector, not just crypto.  As a new market segment, crypto is indeed ripe for exploitation at present because of the lack of regulation and oversight.

However, there are plenty of legitimate endeavours being undertaken, and responsibility falls upon the investor to do their due diligent prior to investing funds.

Remember, crypto is considered a high risk investment sector, so you must understand that there is always a chance you will lose you money. 

High risk - high reward... That is the crypto game at present.
sircy

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:20:52 AM

Crypto and gold are indeed different. Beginner though if you want to try and seek knowledge and experience will certainly be able to play in the world of crypto. It is indeed a scam everywhere, but the field of crypto is much more promising than gold.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: