Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:54:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Litecoin Miners in production?  (Read 465 times)
bitcoindirect (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 06:18:09 PM

Hey everyone!

Does anyone know of any LTC miners that are being produced?  What is your take considering the network difficulty increase that is about to happen once these THs machines start coming out for BTC?  Anyone mining both, or reasons why they prefer one to the other?  Thanks!

www.bitcoindirect.net
Custom Etched Glasses & Mirrors

lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:26:57 PM

in one of friedcats updates, he noted that ASICMINER had investigated making a scypt product and decided it wasnt feasible.

as for litecoin difficulty and bitcoin asics - there was a flood of gpus leaving bitcoin for ltc once significant numbers of asics shipped. there cant be any others unless people are masochists, and older asics have no use in the litecoin network.
bitcoindirect (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 06:58:29 PM

So due to the cost of LTC at the current moment is why no one is attempting to build a miner is what your saying?  And yea I debated doing the same thing, but even then are you gaining anything if your computer is mining the same speed for something of less profit? 

Did you setup on the miners?  I'm just debating whether it is worth it to order in some blades just to keep my love for BTC but still get some output without putting too much money in.  What's your opinion?

www.bitcoindirect.net
Custom Etched Glasses & Mirrors

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: