Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:24:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed by Coinbase :/  (Read 1314 times)
javaguardian (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:33:22 PM

Well I got scammed by coinbase as of now. Sent like 7 emails. No response. Level 2. Bank verified. SSN Verified. Bought $6k before when price was pretty stable without a problem. Recently, Bought $20k worth of bitcoins a week ago. Now they're worth around $40k. Got, you guessed it, high risk emails.

What should I do? I tried emailing support but they aren't responding!
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:37:18 PM

All I can say is..... stop using Coinbase. Day after day, these "high risk" cancellations pile up. If I had to get $20k in an exchange to buy coins, I'd wire to Bitstamp.
javaguardian (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:39:24 PM

Would've posted this in the scam accusations section but can't cuz im new. But oh well, i hope Olaf sees this and fixes my issue. Though he did reply to one of my 7 emails but totally irrelevant information. Apart from that, coinbase support has been largely ignoring my issue.  Sad
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:40:59 PM

It seems like this becoming a common occurrence with many places these days. These companies are ramping up their due diligence for singing up their customers and dealing with high risk transactions. All I can say is make sure you are properly verified with proper identification and pray for the best!  Not much you can do at this point but switch to some other place.

javaguardian (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:47:46 PM

Not much else to do but pray? Lawyers would beg to differ. Smiley
marketorder

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:30:56 PM

You would wire Bitstamp $20,000 from the US?
All I can say is..... stop using Coinbase. Day after day, these "high risk" cancellations pile up. If I had to get $20k in an exchange to buy coins, I'd wire to Bitstamp.
MAbtc

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:45:04 PM

You would wire Bitstamp $20,000 from the US?
I have no reason to do that. I'm not buying more coins at these prices, even if we're going to $4000 on this run. But if I had to get $20k on an exchange? Yes. Though, depending on my financial ability to deal with having $20k potentially tied up, I might do it in increments of say $5k or $7k.
almostmike

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:29:45 PM

Same boat here, guys. I still have faith, though, that Coinbase will make things right. I just imagine they're a bit swamped right now.
EKKT.O.

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:29:25 PM

what is coinbase?
MAbtc

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:35:57 PM

what is coinbase?
The easiest place to buy bitcoins for people in the US, as you can reserve/buy with ACH transfer. But, obviously, they are plagued with complaints that they are cancelling people's reserved bids left and right, which obviously upsets people when bitcoin is rallying to the moon.
anunnakiv

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:44:48 PM

I think Coinbase is pretty bad. I had a problem with them before and it took them 6 days to respond to an email. They should really get their support team in shape.
mxisaac

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:11:24 PM

I've had nothing but good experiences with them.  They were the first people I signed up with 4 months ago, and I've never had a problem. Everyone cries "scam" but if you get in contact with them, they honor the transaction and take you off the "risk" list.  I think there's just an algorithm lots of folks get caught up in.
MAbtc

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:16:19 PM

I've had nothing but good experiences with them.  They were the first people I signed up with 4 months ago, and I've never had a problem. Everyone cries "scam" but if you get in contact with them, they honor the transaction and take you off the "risk" list.  I think there's just an algorithm lots of folks get caught up in.
If this is true, I'd feel a lot better. Unfortunately, I haven't seen many reports of a satisfactory resolution to this issue. Then again, on forums, people tend to scream very loudly when they have a problem, and once it has been resolved, they don't update on the situation...
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 10:34:09 PM

Well I got scammed by coinbase as of now. Sent like 7 emails. No response. Level 2. Bank verified. SSN Verified. Bought $6k before when price was pretty stable without a problem. Recently, Bought $20k worth of bitcoins a week ago. Now they're worth around $40k. Got, you guessed it, high risk emails.

What should I do? I tried emailing support but they aren't responding!

I'm starting to feel that coinbase is turning into MT.GOX.
Do they still have your money, if they don't even offer a refund, sue their ass Tongue
Cheap, cheap cheap.
javaguardian (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:37:03 AM

As much as I'd love to believe that they'll honor their side of the deal and stay lawful, as every day goes by, the future becomes more and more bleak. I've sent them tons of emails. Tweeted them a billion times. Messaged their facebook page a gazillion times and all I get is what? No response. I'm not sure if I should take this to court, but if this prolongs any longer, I'm not backing down and getting ripped off by this company.
adept

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 05:52:05 PM

They haven't done this to "instant" buyers, only delayed, correct?
almostmike

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:57:28 PM

Incorrect. I'm Level-2, fully verified, made several successful buys in the past (both instant and non-instant), and my two "Instant Buys" this past weekend were both canceled as "high risk."

I don't think they're scamming -- I just think they're having some issues right now. Hope they get things sorted out soon because I've recommended Coinbase to everyone I know and I've loved them until these issues.
DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:03:03 PM

use an offline wallet. coinbase also stole 6$ worth of BTC from me once,never came back. these sites are just like banks,they can take your money when ever they want.
millsdmb

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:04:57 PM

I think Coinbase is pretty bad. I had a problem with them before and it took them 6 days to respond to an email. They should really get their support team in shape.
They sought applications for remote based support team, never called anyone back from what ive seen. A shame, if more orders could be filled the price would be even higher right now.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
millsdmb

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:05:45 PM

Instant buyers get coin instantly.

source: I am instant verified. Feel bad for the folks unable to get coins during this run.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: