Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:11:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet transactions  (Read 136 times)
Moiyah (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:20:34 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 07:23:34 AM by Moiyah

So, I've got a little problem here. I have a tokens sent to myetherwallet. Inorder for me to withdraw it, I should transfer my tokens to an exchange (I then downloaded binance) when I send my tokens to binance it says, insufficient funds. I realized my ether wallet needs gas fee as tx fee which is computed as
Tx fee=gas fee * gas limit.

I started my gas price at 20 GWEI but I don't have eth balance so I decided to send small amount of eth to my MEW for me to be able to send my tokens to an exchange but it seems there is a problem in my  transactions.

Anyone here experience this kind of problem?
Can someone explain to me why is it I can't send small amount with my MEW or is it that transactions are just too slow?

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:15:31 AM

So, I've got a little problem here. I have a tokens sent to myetherwallet. Inorder for me to withdraw it, I should transfer my tokens to an exchange (I then downloaded binance) when I send my tokens to binance it says, insufficient funds. I realized my ether wallet needs gas fee as tx fee which is computed as
Tx fee=gas fee * gas limit.

I started my gas price at 20 GWEI but I don't have eth balance so I decided to send small amount of eth to my MEW for me to be able to send my tokens to an exchange but it seems there is a problem in my  transactions.

Anyone here experience this kind of problem?
Can someone explain to me why is it I can't send small amount with my MEW or is it that transactions are just too slow?

http://imgur.com/rJsulHd

P.S.

Can't upload pic so I just include the pic link.

That looks to me like your transaction is pending. Just give it some time and check back later and it should go through fine. Make sure you always keep some chump change ETH in your MEW so you can always send tokens out. Just leave whatever you had left there.

The Ethereum network gets congested sometimes then transactions just build up. This is usually when some popular DAPP comes out.

Let us know if you came right.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
Moiyah (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:29:57 AM

Quote from: Moiyah
Snip

That looks to me like your transaction is pending. Just give it some time and check back later and it should go through fine. Make sure you always keep some chump change ETH in your MEW so you can always send tokens out. Just leave whatever you had left there.

The Ethereum network gets congested sometimes then transactions just build up. This is usually when some popular DAPP comes out.

Let us know if you came right.
Yeah , now it hit me,   I need some extra eth balance for my future transactions. Does it take a few days before I receive the amount send? Any amount, even a small amount is not a problem, right?  Anyway, thank you for your response, dude.
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:10:46 AM

I keep like 6 Dollars worth of ETH in my token wallet. Normally ETH transactions clear in about 1-3 minutes. Just wait it out if it doesnt go through fast.
Also might depend on where you are sending from. Some exchanges like Qryptos keep everything in cold storage, meaning they process withdrawls manually just a few times a day, so in these cases the speed of ETH doesn't matter, you are going to wait.

I don't do that many ETH transactions though (not really a fan of it tbh) But it has always been fast unless there is a new cryptokitties out or something like that.

Also it might be that  you sent it to the wrong address if its not cleared yet. Go to the wallet you sent from and check for the TX hash and make sure you sent it to the correct address.
There are "Copy/paste" virusses that detect when you are copying a BTC or ETH address and changes it. So always quadruple check some characters in the start, middle and end of the address when you sent crypto before you actually send.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:30:00 AM

Yeah , now it hit me,   I need some extra eth balance for my future transactions. Does it take a few days before I receive the amount send? Any amount, even a small amount is not a problem, right?  Anyway, thank you for your response, dude.
It should take a day at most. I advise you to check the blockhain records via etherscan.io every now and then and check if there is still a pending send transaction or it hasn't passed through. If there isn't any and the current transaction fails, most likely your balance will not meet the requirements in order to send it at 20 gwei in the next transaction. You can edit it though and make it lower, but it might make transaction slow.
jolajola

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:23:32 AM

I have many tokens in my wallet but i have problems with trasactions. I don't know to do, dunno where i can exchange it.
Moiyah (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:23:45 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 02:23:30 PM by Moiyah

Quote from: LtMotioN

Also it might be that  you sent it to the wrong address if its not cleared yet. Go to the wallet you sent from and check for the TX hash and make sure you sent it to the correct address.
There are "Copy/paste" virusses that detect when you are copying a BTC or ETH address and changes it. So always quadruple check some characters in the start, middle and end of the address when you sent crypto before you actually send.

I guess you're right. I've checked my mew address and the last three letters should be in a capital letters but when I copy-pasted it, small letters were pasted. Does it matter, causing it to be an invalid tx?

Quote from: hase0278

It should take a day at most. I advise you to check the blockhain records via etherscan.io every now and then and check if there is still a pending send transaction or it hasn't passed through. If there isn't any and the current transaction fails, most likely your balance will not meet the requirements in order to send it at 20 gwei in the next transaction. You can edit it though and make it lower, but it might make transaction slow.

A day had passed and transactions are still pending. Maybe I need to send higher amount of eth for me to able to avail the gas fee from MEW. If I lowered it into 10 gwei, it can take up to lifetime for me to wait. Lol. BTW, thanks for the help.

Edit:

Got my 0.001 eth and tx is succesful. The problem is I cannot send token to binance exchange. Hell, I am stuck in here.
What seems to be the problem now? I'm a bit confused.

rivkavender

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:31:55 PM

POWH3D is still at the top 3 od Dapps, soon people are gonna realize that its not a scam and that u missed out!
Moiyah (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:03:08 AM

I will lock this thread since I already solve the problem and successfully sent tokens in an exchange. Thank you for the response which give me an idea to search more about the error.
Zulfiyan

Activity: 360
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:40:16 AM

If you fail to send token maybe token erc20 are locked from contract, Be carefully to send token, look token lock or not. If locked you will lose your eth balance and token doesn't send. And still fail you must up your gas fee, minimum 0.0005 eth to send, you also can check gas fee at ethgasstation.info
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: