Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:58:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as savings, emergency needs possible?  (Read 2017 times)
Tiktik

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:33:20 PM

So far there are many concerns regarding on bitcoin advantage. I have read a lot of it here in our forum. Thus really make sense why should we invest in bitcoin? Well i know that you can add up more when comes to the advantage of investing bitcoin from the other members as well. In fact i get a lot of idea from them from reading and reading from their post. Thus includes bitcoin as a form of savings highlights the best idea on investing bitcoin which could be later use as for emergency needs also. So how it will work? Well i have some extra money from my salary so instead of putting it to my piggy bank i will invest it here in cryptocurrency though  it is not that big yet it could be consider as savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do also. So it will be savings plus profit and that could also be use for emergency needs and easier to get or convert it to money for emergency uses unlike lending money from banks that will cater 2-3days process before you get your money. So this is the best idea i guess. How about you?Could you consider this thoughts?
I think your idea is good instead saving your extra money to piggy bank you put it in bitcoin investing but always keep in mind its like a double edge sword because of having high volatility. The good thing is the big chance of generating more profit is possible for long term hold and you are also correct that you can used it for emergency matters because in a short period of time you can convert your bitcoin to cash so easily.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ekalak manjeng

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:39:20 PM

for me bitcoin is a savings for the future and can be made an emergency need as well. then bitcoin produces many advantages.
thetruth123123

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:47:01 PM

Right now I would be more supportive to that idea, than the time, when Bitcoin was falling and falling again Wink It is good to have few
hroub

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

BCH Wallet: 1PmR3k4cA4YVy7r7RVgYdSjnon2A1aJSLk

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 01:56:38 PM

You'd better save some of your money in fiat form and use it again in part to invest in bitcoin as long-term savings. do not hang bitcoin as an alternative to the solution when in an emergency because it is very risky.

You are still using this stolen Bitcointalk account.

Stop using it and return it to it's rightful owner immediately!!!

Bitcointalk accounts are free and there is no reason to steal or buy a stolen one!

Go get your own!!!

changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:06:00 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 01:26:25 PM by changcloy

Yes i used bitcoin as my savings but if I badly need money I encash some of my bitcoin/satoshi and convert it into our local money rather than borrowing to others and you have to pay it with interest. Actually it is also good if we save our own local money so atleast we canno't touch our bitcoin and let it grew more so we get more profit.
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:18:05 PM

Emergency needs means that you need it urgently, so you should have some available money in fiat because it would be the same value, and not so volatility of price, unlike bitcoin
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:43:12 PM

Yes i used bitcoin as my savings but if I badly need money I encash some of my bitcoin/satoshi and convert it into our local money rather than borrowing some money and you have to pay it with interest. Actually it is also good if we save our own local money so atleast so we canno't touch our bitcoin and let it grew more so we get more profit.
That’s what a lot of people do they may be saving their bitcoins but there are times when certain circumstances makes it so that whenever that they are in need of money, we can cash out whenever we are in need.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:43:43 PM

Bitcoin as a savings and emergency needs is not a good choice. It is a good way to invest bitcoin as an investment, as we know that we may be able to withdraw money at an uncertain time when we need to save and emergency, and bitcoin often fluctuates.
Yeah that is right. Bitcoin are not for selling at low prices. They are so here to make earning. So please don’t let them used or being shopped on such normal desires and needs. If someone have got an emergency and he hasn’t any other money or resource to fulfill that gap, then yes bitcoins are here for you to be sold. But this must be only for an extreme emergency case, not for causal life needs.
evader11

Activity: 434

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:38:55 AM

We need to save our bitcoins and altcoins because we can use it in case of emergency or bad feeling we've been through. Just hold and wait until the price grow up to the moon so don't easily decide to sold because we don't know what will be the next happen of this coins. Sold and use it only if you needed it much.

emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:17:40 AM

Considering bitcoin investment as emergency money doesn't seem a bright idea because this will mean that once you need the money you should sell it a market value and sometimes it could be below your entry point.
The exit strategy is a long time movement because you must wait for the right price to convert your money into fiat so you won't be able to have access to your funds right away.
Emergency money should be in fiat.
When it comes to bitcoin investments we should all consider on having an alternative form of saving that we could all used in emergencies so when it comes to the time we need to used bitcoin it is not hard for us to deal with transactions. And if we really want ti evade the fees it much more eaiser for to not put all our eggs in the basket which simply means have an allotted amount of money for emergency purposes.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:58:45 AM

So far there are many concerns regarding on bitcoin advantage. I have read a lot of it here in our forum. Thus really make sense why should we invest in bitcoin? Well i know that you can add up more when comes to the advantage of investing bitcoin from the other members as well. In fact i get a lot of idea from them from reading and reading from their post. Thus includes bitcoin as a form of savings highlights the best idea on investing bitcoin which could be later use as for emergency needs also. So how it will work? Well i have some extra money from my salary so instead of putting it to my piggy bank i will invest it here in cryptocurrency though  it is not that big yet it could be consider as savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do also. So it will be savings plus profit and that could also be use for emergency needs and easier to get or convert it to money for emergency uses unlike lending money from banks that will cater 2-3days process before you get your money. So this is the best idea i guess. How about you?Could you consider this thoughts?

we can be the bitcoin savings or it can be an emergency but not all the time you need to expect it, not to make a bitcoin or make a provider a bitcoin
kingofrogues07

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:16:00 AM

More precisely as long-term savings.for the daily needs we can take from formal income.
Bitcoin as an additional investment can still be used as future savings.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:45:06 AM

Right now I would be more supportive to that idea, than the time, when Bitcoin was falling and falling again Wink It is good to have few
But that is the point when bitcoin was going up nothing has changed, bitcoin was still as good as it has always been, and then it started to fall but bitcoin was still the same bitcoin, what changed was the amount of money that people where willing to put into bitcoin, and if you want to save in bitcoin this is something that you will have to deal with.
Quantum907

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:26:52 AM

Can be said so, as we know that bitcoin prices always go up so when we are in need or in emergency conditions then we can make bitcoin to overcome this, especially now many exchanges that can exchange to fiat and send to bank accounts 24 hours per day , 7 days a week.

Thank you
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:33:45 AM

But that is the point when bitcoin was going up nothing has changed, bitcoin was still as good as it has always been, and then it started to fall but bitcoin was still the same bitcoin, what changed was the amount of money that people where willing to put into bitcoin, and if you want to save in bitcoin this is something that you will have to deal with.
you are right. if you keep the money you have in the form of bitcoin, there are only two possibilities, the money you have will decrease, or will increase. it is the real thing. although bitcoin is great for long-term savings, but do not use the money you need for this.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:23:35 PM

you are right. if you keep the money you have in the form of bitcoin, there are only two possibilities, the money you have will decrease, or will increase. it is the real thing. although bitcoin is great for long-term savings, but do not use the money you need for this.

Yeah for savings, bitcoin would likely be a great idea though i think it would be a lot better if you have a separate emergency funds. It's pointless to have something volatile for your emergency funds since your emergency may come at a time when the price is very low

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
ELEL_ELEL

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:12:28 PM

Bitcoin is a good savings,its possible also for emergency needs.The best savings because it is possible to multiply 10x or more.But if you need emergency you can sell some of your token.Bitcoin is very usefull in many things in our lives.We can easily transact also for the bills payments.
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:42:30 PM

Most people saving their coins for the future investments. It's helping them to emergency needs. So they aren't using any time purposes.
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:24:29 PM

Yes it is possible that you could use all of your bitcoins as savings while holding it and waiting to its price to increase that you could use it for emergency purposes or financial needs. The problem that you will only face if the price of bitcoin falls down because if you needed money that time you will have a big loss if you use it.
sirmitchel

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:49:11 PM

That’s the thing of beauty with Bitcoins, it can be applied to such
situations if the need arises and it’s a very reliable investment.
It’s a preferential thing that differs on how we see it and how we
intend to use it to our advantages, plans, strategies and more
importantly our needs. People got into bitcoins for different reasons,
whether it’s savings, weekly expenditures, pay bills, investments.. to
me all that matters is that it is able to help and aid people.

░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓█      ZUFLO .io   ▌ EXCHANGE AND FINANCE      █▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░
INTEGRATED TRADING & FINANCE PLATFORM ON BLOCKCHAIN
WP   |   Telegram   Twitter   [[  Pre ICO is LIVE  ]]   Instagram   Facebook   |   ANN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: