Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:03:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase withdrawal delays thread [Please add ACH delay reports to this thread]  (Read 8303 times)
thebrit

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Make the Bitcoin, don't let the Bitcoin make you.

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:05:36 PM

Oblong, thank you for this explanation. If this is the case AND coinbase respected its customers enough to stop treating them like they don't know what an ACH transaction is then would I even be posting in this thread?

Well maybe a little bit to tbh, but I would certainly understand a lot more and appreciate the honest and timely information provided by the company.

I want to call my senator actually, nothing gets things down more than a politician with a cause. I can't to that to btc though in restrospect, I don't want negative situations attached to btc. Or I'd call the press haha! 'Reputable bitcoin company holds tens of thousands of dollars'.

Appreciate the comments once again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:49:09 PM

I sold 5 BTC to coinbase on Wednesday.  My transactions log says: "Pending - will complete on Friday Nov, 22 2013 at 11:49AM"

Obviously that time has come and gone.  I just emailed support about an hour ago, so I can't complain they aren't responding to me.  I just wanted to see if anyone had any idea, based on their own recent experiences, when I could expect this $ to hit my bank account. 

Thanks.

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
oblongmeteor

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:00:50 AM

Oblong, thank you for this explanation. If this is the case AND coinbase respected its customers enough to stop treating them like they don't know what an ACH transaction is then would I even be posting in this thread?

Well maybe a little bit to tbh, but I would certainly understand a lot more and appreciate the honest and timely information provided by the company.

I want to call my senator actually, nothing gets things down more than a politician with a cause. I can't to that to btc though in restrospect, I don't want negative situations attached to btc. Or I'd call the press haha! 'Reputable bitcoin company holds tens of thousands of dollars'.

Appreciate the comments once again.

I don't disagree with your position. Honesty is always the best policy - people will generally understand. For some reason though there seems to be this feeling that actually admitting to your customers that you have problems is a sign of weakness, so you keep them guessing until the underlying fault either resolves itself (Bitstamp Banking issues->DDoS attacks) or you collapse entirely (BitInstant).

Shame really.
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 12:01:38 AM

Deposit was delayed 1 day from their estimate. No big deal.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:10:40 AM

I got a small ACH yesterday that had been delayed a couple of days. I was thinking about doing a larger one with them but I think I'll wait until this is cleared up.

thebrit

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:16:12 AM

Deposit was delayed 1 day from their estimate. No big deal.

I have had three deposits from them from earlier this week. Total $1300.  Still nothing on the $15k from past week though and no email response since their 'you are an idiot' reply.

goxed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:26:26 AM

Olaf from Coinbase here. You all are correct - our ACH withdrawals were delayed by a couple days. I apologize for the trouble - the funds are likely en route to your bank accounts now!
Thanks for the update. It would be nice if you guys kindly please keep us in the loop. Most of use here understand logical explanations.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:01:30 AM

New oddity.

I sold some bitcoins the other day but now the sell transaction is gone, and the coins are back in my account.

No email or other notification.

In place of where the sale used to be in my history, it says "You sent bitcoin to Coinbase" 11/19 and then today "You purchased bitcoins" (I didn't) on 11/22 for the same amount.

I guess I shouldn't really complain because the price is higher than when I sold, but this kind of weird stuff happening in my account does not inspire confidence in their service.

What's going on?

Nolo

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:27:39 PM

I'm guessing since they missed their target day of yesterday for funding my bank account, it will be atleast Monday until the $ is there?

I wish they would have made a more public statement that they were having liquidity problems. 

Also, I never did get a reply to the email I sent support.

Not too thrilled with my first transaction with coinbase.  I hope they fix these problems, because they certainly make buying and selling coins convenient for US users. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:23:59 AM

All of my transactions up until 11/22/2013 have been on time.   Sometimes the ACH deposits were ~1 business day off, however I am still very satisfied.

I will update on my next withdrawl which is due in 1-2 weeks.

V/R,

GreaterNinja
aksplace

Activity: 602
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:33:36 AM

All of my transactions up until 11/22/2013 have been on time.   Sometimes the ACH deposits were ~1 business day off, however I am still very satisfied.

I will update on my next withdrawl which is due in 1-2 weeks.

V/R,

GreaterNinja

my withdraws have always been on time or early.
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:35:49 PM

Coinbase has been having problems since the end of october. I have yet another transaction MIA.

Wonder if they know that by putting a time definite date on transactions and then missing that date that they fall under contract tort and securities laws? It opens them up for consequential damages and breach of contract as well as mail fraud and a whole slew of things.

They are playing with fire and I'm considering pouring some legal gasoline on them.
goxed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:19:30 AM

Got this in the mail today

Code:
Thank you for contacting Coinbase Support! Unfortunately, we are experiencing a tremendous volume of support requests, and have not been able to answer your ticket in a reasonable amount of time.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, simply reply to this email with a note that you still need help (you don't need to re-explain the issue you're experiencing), and we will do our best to address it as soon as possible. If your issue has been resolved please do not reply to this email.

We have been experiencing exponential growth and are quickly expanding our support team to match. Thank you for your patience during this time and for your continued support while we grow!

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
thebrit

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:38:53 AM

Code:
Thank you for contacting Coinbase Support! Unfortunately, we are experiencing a tremendous volume of support requests, and have not been able to answer your ticket in a reasonable amount of time.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, simply reply to this email with a note that you still need help (you don't need to re-explain the issue you're experiencing), and we will do our best to address it as soon as possible. If your issue has been resolved please do not reply to this email.

We have been experiencing exponential growth and are quickly expanding our support team to match. Thank you for your patience during this time and for your continued support while we grow!

I've had it with these Goddamned thieves. Two weeks tomorrow and not a damned thing from them ... apart from the above email.

"Haha, we have your 70 thousand, but we can't be bothered to reply..."

We will see how they like being dragged through court.

Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:21:36 PM

Coinbase has been having problems since the end of october. I have yet another transaction MIA.

Wonder if they know that by putting a time definite date on transactions and then missing that date that they fall under contract tort and securities laws? It opens them up for consequential damages and breach of contract as well as mail fraud and a whole slew of things.

They are playing with fire and I'm considering pouring some legal gasoline on them.

All of mine showed up. Couple days late but fine, still cost me $$. This month, the delays have been horrible and when the price is so volatile that it jumps 10-20% per day the losses are not cool.

I'm sure this is just growing pains and such, but still they need to get their act together. It was awesome a couple of months ago. I'm sure they are swamped. But they also need to provide the service they say they will, on the dates they commit to and to respond to support emails within a reasonable period of time. Having to rant, PM, or hunt someone down on IRC to get answers is not exactly something that's ready for the public or even the average bitcoiner.

That said, they are still light years better than mtgox.
Nolo

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:13:37 PM

I received my first withdrawal 1 business day late.  That cost me a little bit, but not terrible.  My second withdrawal is supposed to hit my account on Friday.  I placed it on Monday.  I'll post back letting everyone know whether that time is met or not. 

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:19:06 PM

Code:

I've had it with these Goddamned thieves. Two weeks tomorrow and not a damned thing from them ... apart from the above email.

"Haha, we have your 70 thousand, but we can't be bothered to reply..."

We will see how they like being dragged through court.

I got the same message on a ticket I had out for a while.  I appreciated that they were monitoring the queue length and trying to do at least something with the resources they currently have available.

I dunno who here has actually worked in a start-up, but even if one obtains the resource to staff up and has a distinct need to do so, it's not something which can be done overnight.  This is especially true if one is trying to hire for people who will have access to customer financial information which is especially sensitive.

My ticket outlining my request sits in their queue.  I can refer to it efficiently by number if any problems arise and I need to do so.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:20:25 AM

Datapoint:

Made two 10 BTC sales over the weekend (or perhaps one on Friday...to lazy to look.)  The estimate date of deposit was Friday.  I noticed that one of them went in today (Wed.)  So this one beat the estimate by several days.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
thebrit

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:27:26 AM

Datapoint:

Made two 10 BTC sales over the weekend (or perhaps one on Friday...to lazy to look.)  The estimate date of deposit was Friday.  I noticed that one of them went in today (Wed.)  So this one beat the estimate by several days.

Datapoint .... two weeks exactly and STILL nothing. Four transactions, three people, three different accounts totalling $70,000.

Datapoint ... today the transactions would be worth about $200,000.

Suspicious much?

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:34:24 AM

Datapoint:

Datapoint .... two weeks exactly and STILL nothing. Four transactions, three people, three different accounts totalling $70,000.

Datapoint ... today the transactions would be worth about $200,000.

Suspicious much?

Yes, but when someone has such severe problems and other people don't seem to, a lot of times it makes me wonder if something tripped a flag for said user.  I get every sense that Coinbase is attempting to integrate fully with the mainstream banking system and financial regulatory authorities as a function of their business model.  That happens to be A-OK with me for the business I do with them.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: