Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:38:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: teamviewer connection issue with claymore v11.6  (Read 183 times)
nullC0met (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:46:03 AM

Hello,

Thank you for taking your time reading this post. I encountered some weird issues and can't find solutions anywhere. So I made this post, any help is greatly appreciated.

I was using claymore v11.6 and encountered some errors. When I try to close the cmd window via teamviewer, the connection is lost and I am not able to connect again. Also, the mouse on the miner is stuck in the position when the connection is lost. (I called my sister to take a look at my machine and she told me the mouse isn't working) However, the mouse and the connection are back to normal after rebooting.

I originally thought this is just a coincidence, but I repeated the process 4-5 times today and they all yield the same results:

connect to miner via teamviewer ==> start claymore ==> get NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 15 ==> try to close window ==>lost connection and mouse stuck, unable to reconnect ==>reboot machine, able to connect again and mouse is working.

I tried to connect to the miner from pc/phone, but all of them runs into the same problem.
I tried to google the solution but there isn't any case like this...

Thank you very much for replying!
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1411

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:50:13 PM

I believe the problem is not a claymore version.

check for clock's and voltages, this may be causing instability.
androstan1234

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:26:10 PM

If you have a lot of gpus, are mining on the cpu, or have a very low end cpu, all of these factors can contribute to instability with teamviewer remote access.

Another common issue is failing to have igfx set as default/primary display, also need a dummy adapter plugged into the mobo igpu slot.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:27:39 PM

Same as other, I believe too early to say that Teamviewer and Claymore related causing it. It's more like a rig issue, tried with physical contact with your rig. I'm quite sure You'll get the same. At first, you need to set your rig to standard setting. After you got stable, then you can increase its settings.

Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:16:37 PM

I have found topic on Reddit, where some guy have similar problem (maybe the same) like yours. So check this up, it seams to me that there is a lot of useful information which could solve your problem.

Here is the link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6vuwrc/nvml_cannot_get_current_temperature_error_15/
Mamasita22

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:46:14 PM

It can be a driver issue, when driver crashes when you closing claymore window, teamviewer lost visual connection. Nvidia have a feature that gpu memory frequency can jump up or down when gpu change pstate. So try lower memory frequency or test without oc
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:54:04 PM

It can be a driver issue, when driver crashes when you closing claymore window, teamviewer lost visual connection. Nvidia have a feature that gpu memory frequency can jump up or down when gpu change pstate. So try lower memory frequency or test without oc

Or, when Claymore miner closes the system restarts, teamviewer will lost connection

Possibilities are driver / clock issues

@OP,

What are your cards, OS and driver installed, are they modded?
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:38:16 AM

Are you using one of the cards for primary display or igfx?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: