Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:56:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yifu now working with "famed banking family" to help government track addresses  (Read 11825 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:50:55 AM

Seems Yifu is a sellout after that ASIC mess he did. Okay more like a traitor to work with bankers (paper money).

Maybe now we know the origination of those threats to his life that he was famously making a few months ago.

Maybe another alternative is to create a rival blacklist? Hear me out. We can have a traitors blacklist! Yifu's addresses need identifying first, obviously (shouldn't be too difficult for us previous Avalon customers to combine our knowledge). If there was a simple way for miners to blacklist addresses from block inclusion (bitcoin.conf runtime flag + public key parameter?), I'd gladly add any Project Avalon company owned address to my p2pool node. Deprioritising transactions with public keys that have been used already has been mentioned elsewhere.

Individuals miners must run more than 50% of the network, this really is in our hands. So if we though thought our mined coins would be blacklisted if we didn't provide identities to our pool, I wonder which way people would jump? I'm gonna be honest, you've largely been pretty weak willed: wanting to use the biggest pool, somehow reasoning that being part of the most "successful" pool will help at all towards your ROI or profits. This is desperate reasoning. A blacklist that gets observed may make or break the Bitcoin project as a whole; no-one will give up the fiat system that still has cash for one where cash has been effectively eradicated.

Blacklists are only as pernicious as what they're trying to achieve, why not blacklist the blacklisters? That's a blacklist worth having. If Yifu hasn't already cashed out, I would really love to hit him where it hurts most.

Vires in numeris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:16:53 AM

He singlehandedly destroyed the community mining projects and caused Bkkcoins, developer of the K16, to disappear without a trace

Uh, not to be defending scumbag sellout Yifu, but can you cite a source for this information?  Specifically the "caused" part.  That's a pretty serious accusation.

Just trying to keep my facts straight.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:23:20 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 03:43:22 AM by DrG

Sheesh. Was Trendon too busy to join Yifu's company?

May Yifu Guo get testicular cancer with mets to the bone  Angry
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:57:36 AM

He singlehandedly destroyed the community mining projects and caused Bkkcoins, developer of the K16, to disappear without a trace

Uh, not to be defending scumbag sellout Yifu, but can you cite a source for this information?  Specifically the "caused" part.  That's a pretty serious accusation.

He didn't directly cause it, but Chris expressed multiple times that he was becoming disillusioned with the K16 project specifically because of Yifu's actions. I didn't mean to imply he ordered a hit on him or anything.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:32:32 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 08:10:07 AM by Bicknellski

Uh, not to be defending scumbag sellout Yifu, but can you cite a source for this information?  Specifically the "caused" part.  That's a pretty serious accusation.

He didn't directly cause it, but Chris expressed multiple times that he was becoming disillusioned with the K16 project specifically because of Yifu's actions. I didn't mean to imply he ordered a hit on him or anything.

Chris has to take responsibility for his own failure whether or not Yifu caused it. I am more worried about Chris' health and safety as opposed to Yifu being the cause of the discord at this point and it would be great to find out definitively he is alive and well.

As for Yifu and this... I welcome him working with bankers given his past performance I can't see his work on this amounting to much more than heartache for the banksters.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Ozymandias

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:44:03 AM

what is his forum name here?

Bitsyncom
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:28:15 AM

he doesn't dare to show up these days because of a f..ck up with those pre-ordered chips, not to mention refunds, trade ins... well we now know where he's been so busy these days...

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:51:56 AM

i dont like this chinese guy

I don't like this guy regardless of his nationality.

yeah, hope that guys never forget behaviour and business practices of this motherfucker.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:05:33 PM

On a side note i just realized that if this will happen then mixing services will spawn like mushrooms after rain and miners will benefit the most of it because there will be a lot more transactions than before. Opinions?

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:18:54 PM

On a side note i just realized that if this will happen then mixing services will spawn like mushrooms after rain and miners will benefit the most of it because there will be a lot more transactions than before. Opinions?

If they go after the coins not the adresses:
You have my opinion here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=333586

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 01:03:37 PM

i dont like this chinese guy

I don't like this guy regardless of his nationality.

He is an American.

well he can go yi-fuck himself!
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 01:33:35 PM

Someone was always going to do it, may as well be someone the bitcoin community has already lost faith in....

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:07:15 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 04:18:34 PM by Carlton Banks

Another solution is to use the green list like a black list: ask people to supply you with the address they will use to send you funds. If it's green listed, refuse. If they trick you, send the funds back to them, threaten to send it as fees.

If possible, miners should reject transactions to or from greenlist addresses. If not possible, start using p2pool and make it possible. Greenlisting and licencing will be coming to mining anyway. Fuck these people and their greenlist.

Blacklist the greenlist.

Vires in numeris
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:37:24 PM

Another solution is to use the green list like a black list: ask people to supply you with the address they will use to send you funds. If it's green listed, refuse. If they trick you, send the funds back to them, threaten to send it as fees.

If possible, miners should reject transactions to or from greenlist addresses. If not possible, start using p2pool and make it possible. Greenlisting and licencing will be coming to mining anyway. Fuck these people and their greenlist.

Blacklist the greenlist.

In the meantime , Mike Hearn is speaking about redlist"
"I would like to start a discussion and brainstorming session on the topic of coin tracking/tainting or as I will call it here, "redlisting". Specifically, what I mean is something like this"

This rainbow stuff if giving me a headache.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
AdamKD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:53:07 PM

Blacklist all wallets/coins from Avalon / Avalon team?    Grin
Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057

Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:10:16 PM

May Yifu Guo get testicular cancer with mets to the bone  Angry

+1  Grin Cheesy This fat rat!!!
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:17:09 PM

Blacklist all wallets/coins from Avalon / Avalon team?    Grin

I considered that, but it's difficult to prove the owners, you can only make an informed guess. Also, it makes it too personal, much as the Avalon Project would deserve to be blocked from spending their Bitcoin.

Blacklisting the greenlist works better. We can prove these people are trying to destroy the principles of security1, fungibility and privacy for all Bitcoin users, sigining up and using this "service" is all the proof needed. And we also have no idea as to their real identities, we just have a list of sanitised public keys. We must organise to prevent transactions either from or to these green addresses from being processed by miners. They want to create a plague that infects all non users of their system, we can take their list and use it against them. Instead, they will be the sufferers.

1This is a genuine concern. The more frequently an address is used, the easier it is for an attacker to compute valid signatures to sign transactions made from that address (knowing the private key is not required). This is one of the reasons it is discouraged to re-use addresses. The more valid signatures in the blockchain that exist made from a single address, the more information the attacker has to work with.

Vires in numeris
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:26:41 PM

Too bad, soon we will need large scale money laundering in BTC too.  Sad
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:29:38 PM

Blacklist the greenlist. I cannot repeat this enough. Do not accept money from them, or send money to them. Do not process their transactions if you mine directly.

Vires in numeris
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:35:09 PM

Blacklist the greenlist. I cannot repeat this enough. Do not accept money from them, or send money to them. Do not process their transactions if you mine directly.

Actually in this way , aren't you doing the thing they shouldn't have done and the thing you are against them doing ? Cheesy

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄