Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 06:29:16 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My flight school just started accepting bitcoins  (Read 1299 times)
charlietoday (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 11:16:09 PM

I run a flight school in Santa Monica, called Santa Monica Flyers.

www.santamonicaflyers.com I have a feeling that for bitcoin to go up too much further it will have to be accepted by business like mine. Otherwise all this growth is just a speculative bubble that will burst.

If you know someone that owns a business then sit them down and teach them how to start accepting bitcoins!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 11:22:42 PM

That's awesome Cheesy.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:23:53 AM

Nice, but you might want to stick a "We Accept Bitcoin" logo on the page to make it obvious.  Wink

charlietoday (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:32:03 AM

My web guy is on it.
Tier

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:37:36 AM

My web guy is on it.

You should get a new web guy! It looks like your website was designed 10 years ago.
Feel free to contact me if necessary. I'm a very experienced modern designer.

Aside from that, congratulations on the new addition. I think it's smart, and I agree with you.
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:38:13 AM

Great foresight

I wish more small business owners like you would start accepting bitcoins

Congrats!

Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:55:56 AM

Thats great. To bad I don't fly. If I was meant to fly I would have been born with wings.
charlietoday (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:15:19 PM

My web guy is on it.

You should get a new web guy! It looks like your website was designed 10 years ago.

Aside from that, congratulations on the new addition. I think it's smart, and I agree with you.

Can someone please check out my website and then write a post that makes me feel better about my website, It was redesigned a year ago!
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 03:19:59 PM

BTCravo Tango Charlie, cleared to flight level 600 at your own discretion.  Expect contact NASA Mission Control for remainder of your flight plan to the moon.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
raskolnikovx

Activity: 186

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:23:49 PM

Good for you!
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 03:25:32 PM

If I lived in San Monica I would do this. Then I would have a reason to buy this http://www.bitpremier.com/items/view/26. Good Luck, if you have satellite school on the east coast hit me up?

I've been eyeballing this one too, it's just, somebody around town has got one for rent that has always been available anytime I've wanted it, and I don't have enough places to go to warrant 100% ownership (and the associated management burden) of an aircraft.  The one around here is a bit newer, has AC, but no turbo.  And due to my family size, if I were buying to own, I too would want the newer Cirrus the owner says they'd like to upgrade to.  Nevertheless I still follow this "2011 turbo SR22 index" going on in my mind, much like the popular Bitcoin pizza index.

That said...living in Santa Monica should be no prerequisite...if you're interested in the plane, find somebody else's to train in (or train in a smaller rented craft your local flight school has available...even the skill set of flying the ubiquitous Cessna 172 has major overlap with flying this thing, as long as you're flying the same Garmin 1000-like panel)

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
coins-e support

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:38:13 PM

Yes it's true, that if businesses don't encourage bitcoins, there is a possibility of meaningless accrual of them. We should try to propagate use of bitcoins, at least to few businesses which we can recommend to, to start with.
Ecurb123

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:08:04 PM

did you have to talk them into it, or did they hear about it elsewhere?
easynote

Activity: 700

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:15:28 PM

Really nice... Even more buisness per day are acepting btc's Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Nick_Curly

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:11:17 PM

Great! Good for you Smiley
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:14:25 PM

Great news. Since with bitcoin we are going to become the new elite, we will all have our personal planes, so we need a flight school  Cheesy

CrypticBits

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:36:23 PM

My web guy is on it.

Can someone please check out my website and then write a post that makes me feel better about my website, It was redesigned a year ago!

The design is not bad, but there could be quite some changes to make it quite a bit better. It's hard to just say "change this or that" though.. I design websites, so if you want I could design one for you for a good price  Cheesy
SirDrSpiderpig

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:47:11 PM

Wished I lived in your area.  Would love to pay for flight school with bit coins.  I hope more businesses start accepting them.  It'll help the currency.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 03:11:36 AM

The easiest way to get your earliest taste of flying for the first time is to call your local flight school and ask to take a "discovery flight".  Companies in this business are often called "FBO's".

You will have an opportunity to do as little or as much of the flying you wish. The plane will have two full sets of controls so your instructor will handle the critical stuff and you take the reins when it's safe.

The cost is like a couple hundred bucks and is a no brainer if you can afford it and have an interest in flying.

Just about all flight schools offer this, as it is an easy way to get people hooked on their flight training programs.

charlietoday (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:32:11 PM

did you have to talk them into it, or did they hear about it elsewhere?

I own the school, a friend told me about BTC in March.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: