Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:03:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small mining Arizona  (Read 209 times)
Blueice89 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:06:07 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 03:24:40 PM by Blueice89

I am building up a small mine In Arizona despite bitcoin prices dropping. My per server cost is avging around 150 a month so sometimes it’s even sometimes it’s a little over .
5s9 , 2l3+ , and one honking gpu miner that keeps crashing wish I never built it .
Would have easily fit like two more l3s.

I hit Capacity of half cab and not sure if I should expand as I would like to balance my risk and investment. Already like 20k in the hole on credit .

Sometimes the gpu miners require restart and that resets my power settings. Is there a way to script power settings on amd wattman?

https://imgur.com/gallery/6fK0w

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nematoadz

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:49:18 PM

whats your electricity rate? isn't arizona hot? what do you do for cooling, and if your hosting with a provider, what are they charging you?

nice setup btw
Blueice89 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:00:06 AM

Data center is where I host machines . Rent out cabinet space and Pay around 150 a month per miner server so like 1200 at end of dayin expense . Arizona is hot  we peak around 120 n summer . But having everything in a datacenter leaves me with less worries .
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:06:23 AM

That looks like a very warm and noisy setup. Is the door closed when you leave it mining? Interested to know what temps you get on those ASICs and GPUs. I can imagine the data center closes the door while you are mining.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:46:16 AM

if your gpu mining rig needs constant restarting, its got an issue somewhere that you need to figure out. a stable gpu mining rig can run 720+ hrs or more before it needs to be restarted, ive got 4 rigs all that run well over 800+hrs most of the time before they get restarted due to updates to windows or me updating the mining software, other than that I hardly ever touch them. 95% of the time they will restart on there own, boot, login and run the software without having me intervene at all

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Rasanders22

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:06:24 PM

I am building up a small mine In Arizona despite bitcoin prices dropping. My per server cost is avging around 150 a month so sometimes it’s even sometimes it’s a little over .
5s9 , 2l3+ , and one honking gpu miner that keeps crashing wish I never built it .
Would have easily fit like two more l3s.

I hit Capacity of half cab and not sure if I should expand as I would like to balance my risk and investment. Already like 20k in the hole on credit .

Sometimes the gpu miners require restart and that resets my power settings. Is there a way to script power settings on amd wattman?

https://imgur.com/gallery/6fK0w

I live in Az too. I dont mine bitcoin, just GPU mine. My GPUs used to crash a lot until I stuck a box fan directly onto them. That seemed to fix the crashing. When I took the fan off they started crashing again, so its back on now. There are ways to script cycling AC power and front panel switches, I know because I was the one who built our power cycling system for specialized computers for unit testing. (Got a promotion for it too Smiley ) The heat from the units does cause the AC to run a lot. Utilize cool outside air when ever you can by opening the windows. I've been toying with the idea of venting the hot air outside but that would require a window be open and then I would be venting the nice cold AC air. I should decide what to do soon though because its going to start getting hot again.
Blueice89 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:49:12 AM

That looks like a very warm and noisy setup. Is the door closed when you leave it mining? Interested to know what temps you get on those ASICs and GPUs. I can imagine the data center closes the door while you are mining.

The datacenter has a hot and cold aisle in my picture I have a locker which has the door closed but air can pass through. The picture is the front of the cold aisle which runs around 70 degrees and the back is the hot aisle.  Temps for ASICS run between 60 to 85 . Temps for gpu are around 60 to 70.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: