Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:44:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TOKEN][XIN] Mixin Network - A fast distributed cross-chain solution  (Read 418 times)
cedricfung (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:30:55 PM

This is the first public announcement from the lead developer of Mixin Network.

TL;DR

Mixin Network is a distributed cross-chain solution, enforced by Trusted Execution Environment.

Mixin Messenger is the mobile wallet built on Mixin Network, will support all popular cryptocurrencies. Signal protocol is used in the Mixin end-to-end encryption messaging.

Links

Website https://mixin.one
CoinMarketCap https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/mixin
Explorer https://mixin.one/snapshots
Logs https://mixin.one/logs

Some people have heard about our Mixin Messenger at Christmas last year, because XIN airdrops based on referral invitations. I have read some community threads about XIN airdrop, and people were blaming it for its phone number registration, mysterious team members and simple website design. Since then, most people have forgotten about Mixin.

In recent days, XIN is listed on coinmarketcap top 100, so more people are talking about Mixin again. Many of them are still curious about what's Mixin and the team behind it.

Our strategy is to do stuffs quickly without too much talks, and our mission is to make a convenient end-to-end encryption messaging and private cryptocurrency transferring solution for people's daily usage.

Since the first announcement in November, 2017, we have updated about 50 versions for both Android and iOS Mixin Messenger and will publish the source code of them on GitHub soon this month.

All referral airdrops have been sent out and we have achieved a peak 16 transaction per second, and made a total over 3,000,000 transactions in Mixin Network.

There are over 3,000 people who have more than 1 XIN in their Mixin Messenger wallets. People use Mixin Messenger to store assets valued over $100,000,000 USD. And we have got a peak 40,000 daily active users.

More information will be announced in the future, since our team are mainly developers focusing on the development to launch a testnet in mid 2018 to allow people run their own Mixin node software.

About the Mixin Core Team

I'm Cedric Fung (https://github.com/cedricfung), based in Tokyo, the lead developer of the Mixin core team. A university dropout in 2009, and started Android development since then. I earned more than $1M USD by selling apps on Google Play, pure paid apps, without any ads, I hate ads.

Then I created a video processing SDK for Android in 2010 (https://github.com/yixia/VitamioBundle), it has been installed on billions of devices. Of course it's discontinued later and I joined a company in Beijing.

In 2011 I started to buy and mine bitcoins, but only a little and lost most of them in Mt.Gox. Since then, I have never bought or mined any cryptocurrencies, but I have always been learning about the distributed ledger technology innovations.

I started a new company to develop a mobile game streaming service in 2013 (https://shou.tv), with about $7M USD venture investments and it will be discontinued in June, 2018 soon. Though with more than 10 million users, all without any marketing promotions or ads, the service is thought to be not successful at all.

It has always been my dream to create a distributed messaging service, and of course with cryptocurrencies. So I started the Mixin project and will keep my passion in it, and I'm told by my heart that I won't discontinue this project.

I'm now working on the ripple support in Mixin Messenger, so I'm going to code now. Ask me any questions here and I will answer it when I'm not coding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cedricfung (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:41:18 PM

XIN is an ERC20 token issued on Ethereum, but we are building Mixin Network as a standalone cross-chain solution. I'm not sure if the announcement is posted in the correct board.

Dalazar

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:31:39 PM

Hello. If I understand correctly, then you are developing a mobile wallet for crypto currency. Tell me, how safe will your wallet be? And will it support not just ERC20 tokens?
cedricfung (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:29:32 AM

Hello. If I understand correctly, then you are developing a mobile wallet for crypto currency. Tell me, how safe will your wallet be? And will it support not just ERC20 tokens?

No, it's not a mobile wallet. It just has a mobile wallet feature.

Mixin a distributed cross-chain network. There are not existing things like it, maybe cosmos? But the cosmos network relies on changes to other blockchains, while Mixin can just connect directly with other existing blockchains.

Mixin currently supports BTC, ETH and ERC20 assets and will support other blockchains soon.

Zerogreens

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:47:05 PM

There is very little options to connect with the mixin on social media. I suggest you make a telegram group where one can get live updates from the team as well as relate to other mixin community members. This project is a hidden gem. You ought to do more marketing.
dharmapolice

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:35:35 AM

What makes Mixin different between other similar projects?
Suggest

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:51:20 AM

i have seen mixin in market cap. I think xin is good for investment, why I say so? because for now this estimate of xin is falling (-1.00 $). and who knows the future will rise again.
tiimothy

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:58:38 AM

how to get the mixin?i want to join the airdrop or ico.when it will start?and where i can buy it?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
cedricfung (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:05:13 AM

The maximum XIN supply is 1,000,000. Among them, 400,000 XIN have been distributed on BigONE exchange, 50,000 XIN to early Mixin Messenger adopters, and 50,000 XIN for the development team.

All the remaining 500,000 XIN will be coded as the incentives for all Mixin TEE-BFT full nodes and DAG light nodes.

https://mixin.one/logs

sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:09:12 AM

1 mil supply and price down no idea why.
cedricfung (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:22:31 AM

1 mil supply and price down no idea why.

Most people don't know the max and circulating supply of XIN

lunnalee
Copper Member

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:37:05 AM

how to get the mixin?i want to join the airdrop or ico.when it will start?and where i can buy it?

The decentralized exchange OceanONE will launch this month which base on Mixin Network, register Ocean.one you will get some XIN if you are the first 1000 beta test users.

lunnalee
Copper Member

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:38:37 AM

As an innovative underlying operating system, Mixin Network provides the best solution for distributed cross-chain. The goal is to solve the scalability problem of the blockchain. Based on TEE and BFT-DAG technology, Mixin Network solves the problems of transaction throughput and transaction speed of blockchain and makes other blockchain networks such as BTC/ETH achieve infinite concurrency and second level confirmation. It can make blockchain faster, simpler, and more widely used on a larger scale.

Mixin Network has the following characteristics:

Infinite throughput and Large-Scale Commercial applications.
The DAG can effectively solve the confirmation delay problem of the blockchain. The transaction confirmations on Mixin Network can reach the second level, it could support trillions of TPS, satisfy the commercial demand. DAG is a kind of technology to solve the scalability problem of the blockchain, it has already used on IOTA.

Free and silky user experience:
Mixin Network provides the most convenient user experience from three dimensions: first, the entire network transfer fee is 0, totally free; Second, the network gives the users a solution about key management, with the distributed key sharing technology, users need to remember a 6-digit PIN code to control their crypto assets; last, the transactions between Mixin users are instantly.

Verifiable security
Mixin Network is open source on GitHub, it’s a decentralized distributed lager with multi-signature address, key sharing, and TEE, those factors could verify the security of the network.

Multi-cryptocurrency compatible wallet
With the current version of development, Mixin Network has already connected with the top 8 main blockchains, such as BTC, BCH, ETH, EOS, ETC, SC, XRP and LTC, it also supports to deposit and withdrawal more than 37,000 cryptocurrencies. It will support DOGE, Dash, and ZCASH in the near future. Mixin Network doesn’t support smart contract yet, but there will be a similar solution soon.

Developer friendly
Mixin Network uses the standard API, it’s compatible with every program languages to create Dapp.

Scalability
The scalability of Mixin Network is twofold, on the one hand, Mixin Network can support a variety of excellent blockchains ( Multi-cryptocurrency compatible wallet). On the other hand, all project who demand wallet system could build on Mixin Network.

Currently, there’re more than 13 projects are the member of Mixin ecosystem.
lunnalee
Copper Member

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:39:57 AM

Mixin Network Roadmap:
September 2017: Mixin Network Project preparation.
December 2017: Mixin Messenger released
August 2018: OceanONE —— a decentralized exchange will be released
September 2018: Test network will be online.
February 2019: Main Mixin Network will be launched

Pavel1391

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:35:41 PM

In general, if a project develops in a given way and implements a couple of features that competitors have and which it itself lacks, it will be able to occupy its niche, and maybe even become extremely successful. The only thing that developers need to think about is to improve communication with their community and increase their openness, at least in the information aspect of the issue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: