Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:58:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: just started mining  (Read 733 times)
machintab (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 11:52:59 PM

Hi there i'm new at this just bought a Block Erupter 333mh/s to start mining but i was thinking about buying 10 so it can be more profitable any toughts about this? what type of pool is the best for low amounts of mh/s
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:00:02 AM

A PPS (pay per share) pool.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

machintab (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:06:34 AM

is a good option to mine from these BE usb pens in a HUB or is better to buy a single asic like a bitforce 5GH/S?
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:09:31 AM

If you want to lose your money buying any asic is a good option. On the other hand if you want to make a nice investment you should buy bitcoins directly.

gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:16:46 AM

Hi there i'm new at this just bought a Block Erupter 333mh/s to start mining but i was thinking about buying 10 so it can be more profitable any toughts about this?

One you can plug to computer dirrectly, for 10, you must have HUB capable of powering all 10 USB Block Erupters. Some HUBs cant power all their positions fully
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:18:36 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 01:12:47 AM by Gator-hex

is a good option to mine from these BE usb pens in a HUB or is better to buy a single asic like a bitforce 5GH/S?

You need to work out the time to break even and decide if it's good enough for you. Use http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

I work it out as 190days to break even if you paid $20 for 333MH/s @ 2.5w.

machintab (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:48:20 AM

hmm thanks for the reply i think it's good to start and to keep investing to make more over time let's see how it works
Undefeatable

Activity: 286

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:49:04 AM

Hi there i'm new at this just bought a Block Erupter 333mh/s to start mining but i was thinking about buying 10 so it can be more profitable any toughts about this? what type of pool is the best for low amounts of mh/s

Dont buy any more block erupter, it not profitable Smiley

pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:27:56 AM

If you want to lose your money buying any asic is a good option. On the other hand if you want to make a nice investment you should buy bitcoins directly.

There is still plenty of money to be made with asic mining if you have the right set up and equipment.

Care to share your secret with us?

MarketTime

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:49:14 AM

There is still plenty of money to be made with asic mining if you have the right set up and equipment.

Care to share your secret with us?

I am also interested to know, it seems to give me the idea that miner can hardly ROI these days....
DeWizLoc

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:22:38 AM

USB block eruptors are decent little devices. Admittedly they are a bit behind the curve, but if you have an interest in mining they are good for learning the ropes. I have 6x of them in a powered hub with an upgraded PSU. You need a hub with 0.5A per eruptor you want to run. Most will not provide sufficient power so you will likely end up investing into an extra power adapter for them.

I personally use eligius pool with mine. I have earned 0.015BTC in the last 4 or 5 days since I set them up there. You can also use SHA256 multi pool to mine multiple alternate coins, or any number of pools for alt coins. I ran mine @ theseven PPC pool for months quite successfully before they shutdown.

If you decide to pursue alternate coins you need to bookmark this page http://www.coinchoose.com they track the difficulty and exchange rate of most of the major alternate coins.
nyktalgia1

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:07:54 AM

I just started mining with USB erupters.  I bought 5, had 4 working, and now only 3 are for some reason.  I accidentally unplugged my hub and plugged it back in, and tried to restart CGMiner, and now only 3 are showing up.  I have one more that shows in my device manager but it has an exclamation mark next to it like something is wrong.    I am wondering if its my hub, but I think its windows XP that is causing all the problems for me.  I have the WinUSB drivers but I can't seem to get it to work for that last device.  I am confused why I can't even get all 5 to work.  I mean if all the lights come on from the hub it should work, right?  Maybe not when it is hashing, but I had at least 4 working and now I can only get 3 to work.   Any thoughts?   I'm thinking it is windows xp, but it could partially be my hub.... regardless, I don't see why I can't get the 4 to work now.   I'm not even sure if it was getting me more bitcoins though.  I didn't look at the mh/s before or really understood what was happening until now haha.

I wouldn't recommend PRC or SAFEDICE. PRimedice hasnt fucked me yet but we'll see...
machintab (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:55:56 AM

AsicMiners i don't think so but i'm would like to know which one's you have avalliable right now
Thenen

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:07:06 AM

Don't buy anymore, wait for the next generation ASIC which is cheap, big and good...
gracesfall

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:18:37 AM

I am an extreme newbie and have just started mining myself. I have the BitMinter client installed on my
computer and should be able to purchase my first 2 ghz through CEX.io tomorrow. I can't wait.
I know the mining on my PC will barely earn me a pittance, but every little bit helps Smiley

Good luck to all of my fellow newbies out there!
Undefeatable

Activity: 286

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:54:26 AM

My advice is not to buy any hash from cex.io too, its overpriced and that guy is trying to earn some referral hash Smiley

MilesJohan

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:18:35 AM

MileyJohanson
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: