Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:01:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Setup (Need another set of eyes)  (Read 160 times)
cerberusmining (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:12:35 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm getting to the point where I am about ready to flip the big switch outside and start bringing miners online and just wanted to get another set of eyes just to make sure I'm not doing anything terribly egregious in regards to how things are set up.

I have two sperate service runs in the space I am in. They are both 3/0 runs to separate 225 Amp panels. One panel has lights and fixtures on it for the space so I will be leaving it alone. The other is bare (no breakers or circuits) so I will be using that one to stand up the first pod.

Panel Notes:
Stinger Hi-Leg configuration
A - Single Phase 120v
B - Three phase 208v
C - Single Phase 120v

I'm using 30 Amp tree-pole breakers and only running off of the 120v lugs
Since this is a service panel the Ground and Neutral are bonded.

25ft EMT run to L6-30 receptacles using 10 AWG wire
Each receptacle will connect to a 30A 208/240v PDU
Miners connect to PDU which has 8 Amp fuses on outlets
Two shorter runs to power two 120v receptacles for other devices, each on a separate 1 pole breaker

Airflow looks like so:

Air > Filter > Enclosure > Blower Fan > S9 Bank > Exhaust into empty space > Extracted outside

Questions:
Anything look terribly out of place? I'm open to suggestions/feedback.

Since neutral and Ground are bonded at the panel then running either is just for organization's sake? As an example, wiring up a 120v outlet will take a red (hot) and white wire (neutral/ground). There will be no green ground wire since the neutral is already bonded to it at the panel.

Anyone willing to recommend a power/temp logger?

I just remembered to double check to see if the panel is grounded as well, if not I will ground it to the tap in the box. All of the receptacle boxes are grounded as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cerberusmining (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:27:36 PM

I figured I would provide an update for those that are curious if I died in a fire or not in this past week.

Miners are running well and within derated ampacity limits of the wire gauge that was used.

I've been bringing them up in groups and taking readings everywhere to make sure its all going to plan.

These things are super loud, next project is some sort of enclosure to provide some soundproofing and path to extract the hot air.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: