Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:05:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CryptoConnect: Desktop App to Get Account Info from an Exchange  (Read 3782 times)
Rogue5pawn (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:14:52 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 12:54:15 AM by Rogue5pawn

Smiley Announcing the release of CryptoConnect©(Beta). Here's what it does:

"CryptoConnect(Beta) - Account Info is pretty straight forward:
1) Type in your API Keys, or Copy/Paste...
>>You can get and Enable your API Keys from your User Settings page.<<
2) Click on "Retrieve Account Information"....
>>Balances, Current Orders, Trade History, and Deposits/Withdrawals<<
3) Pay attention to the annoying popups.
4) CryptoConnect then prints your Account Information to an MS Excel Workbook.
5) All done...."

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy148/crpetty11Rogue5pawn/CryptoConnect_zps836ced7d.gif

Currently, CryptoConnect© is only useful for Cryptsy.com.

Download the Zip file, extract to wherever, Run the Setup.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx-jVizEnjcScXNRVTl6WkxnYXc/edit?usp=drive_web

Can be Uninstalled from Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program

I am working on adding other Exchanges so that CryptoConnect will be an All-in-One Desktop Account Information Retrieval App.

**Plans for this App:
  • Add more Exchanges: BTCe, Bter, CoinEx, Crypto-Trade, mcxNow, Vircurex, And Others
  • Login Security Features
  • Offer to Save API Keys and other User Preferences
  • Checkboxes to Select specific Account Info
  • Print to Notepad, MS Word, or directly to a Printer
  • Preview Screen

Please feel free to comment and make suggestions for this or other ForEx-style Desktop Apps you'd like to see.

Well, that's it for now. And of course, if you appreciate the App.... donate  Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:01:43 AM

App works great and gives me all the info I'm looking for to help track my transactions.  All I really need now is a longer transaction history from Cryptsy.   Grin

Thanks again, nice work!  Will have some input once I get a chance to play around more.

Rogue5pawn (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:21:16 AM

Yeah, Cryptsy's Trade History seems Limited to the Last 200 Trades.

And Thanks for the Donation of 0.05 BTC  Smiley
Rogue5pawn (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:33:02 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2013, 04:59:47 AM by Rogue5pawn

Someone asked me about Open Source and Contact Info... Didn't really know how to reply. So, here was my response:

As the Dev for this App, I made it Free to Use by anyone who want's it. As it is my very first program built, I know that I have a lot to learn about, like End User permissions and such. Any suggestions in this area will be welcomed. Should I attach a ReadMe that states the permissions?

The only Security Feature is that you have to input your API Keys each time.

As for Contact Info... What would you suggest? The actual Download is from my personal Google Drive, and anyone is free to leave comments there. Is that sufficient? Again, any suggestions will be welcomed.

Honestly, I made the App at the request of another Cryptsy user, and over the 2 weeks that it took me to figure it all out, he and I emailed back and forth about 35 times. Should I set up a different email account for the Apps I decide to make?

I really am in the dark when it comes to the Release side of things.

Here's the fuller conversation on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qv5ha/ann_cryptoconnect_desktop_app_to_get_account_info/
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:47:08 AM

Where is the source code?

Rogue5pawn (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:08:33 AM

Where is the source code?

After a little research, I'm supposing that I would classify it as Freeware, not Open Source. This is my very first attempt ever to create any type of program. The Code is sloppy, but effective.

I can see where this not being Open Source would be a large issue amongst the Cryptocurrency community given their inherent suspicious nature and extreme need for anonymity. Funny thing is, on the "real" ForEx markets, they tend to trust the application developers and that they aren't secretly keeping a backdoor into their published app or maybe trying to spread malware or steal their account info or any other nefarious something . However, I do understand these concerns as legitimate when it comes to the Frontier of emerging technologies.

And before reading further, a friendly REMINDER: one of the fundamental philosophies behind Bitcoin is TRUST. We all Trust that "Satoshi Nakamoto" will not mess with the Blockchain Code, steal funds at random, or possibly send a kill code to delete the entire Blockchain. And this holds true for ALL cryptocurrencies.

That said...... Just like Meta Trader 4, Swordfish, Adobe, Microsoft, Bethesda, EA Games, Sony Entertainment, Valve, and so on, and on, and on.... I'm not going to share my code with anyone, unless they either work for me OR are willing to sign a Legally Binding Non-Disclosure Agreement. In the mean time, I will just have to let the product speak for itself, and word of mouth will be my best advertisement. Everyone's gotta start somewhere. After enough people have used CryptoConnect for long enough, then they gain confidence in my products and I will have built a reputation for honesty and integrity... Therefore, it's in my best interest to have integrity and be honest.

With that in mind, I am glad that this app I made is only of limited use. It only retrieves information, prints it to Excel, and loses the API Keys each time.... As for Contact Info... The actual Download is from my personal Google Drive, so my personal email isn't hidden nor is my real identity, which is plainly visible in the lower right corner of the app window. People can download it if they want, or not.

When I come out with v2.0 and other products, I may be able to actually learn how to implement hella better security features, and maybe Product Keys so that I can sell them directly. At least that's the plan.

So, in summation: "CryptoConnect(Beta) is Freeware/Shareware, released As-Is, and the Developer (meaning me) is Held Harmless and Indemnified. In the event of a Bug, please leave a comment at the Download page." ....or here in this thread.
Rogue5pawn (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

The owner of Cryptsy (BigVern) has given this app a look over.

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/40616/page/last#post-98235

I'm hoping that it gets their approval Smiley As I said, the code is a bit sloppy, but it does what it's supposed to do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: