Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:30:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I thought we had made a mistake. It's worse than I thought PRIVACY PLZ  (Read 1234 times)
spooderman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 01:06:41 AM

We need privacy. We need it more than we need to bypass our banker overlords. We should be learning this.

Bitcoin was described as an "ANONYMOUS DECENTRALIZED CURRENCY."

Then downgraded to pseudo-anonymous....

Then I realised....holy fuck.....it's NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE to buy the things without giving up a hell of a lot of personal info. I signed up to a few exchanges. Had to give them passport photos, bank statements etc.

It's possible to remain anonymous.

I feel like the only person who has is Satoshi.

Some days this feels like an NSA plan.

And obviously, I assume everyone has heard about this recent initiative to "whitelist" coins.

I've ranted about this before, but it's becoming something we are losing site of in our euphoria over the recent rallying.

Priorities people.

The deflationary nature of our currency is great economically, but awful in terms of privacy. We have an endlessly circulating, increasingly tainted network here!

Wow. Just imagine if there were only 21 million phone numbers allowed what that would mean for anonymity.

Society doesn't scale.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:12:52 AM

I signed up to a few exchanges. Had to give them passport photos, bank statements etc.

Big mistake.
spooderman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 01:20:03 AM

I signed up to a few exchanges. Had to give them passport photos, bank statements etc.

Big mistake.

alternative? local bitcoins? not anonymous either....

Society doesn't scale.
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:59:16 AM

Good luck.

spooderman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 02:04:10 AM

I would like to help you.  But it does not seem likely.  Good luck.

thanks?

Society doesn't scale.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:06:05 AM

Buy a miner and mine your own bitcoins
OR
some some highly convertible good for bitcoins say something like gold coins.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:29:17 AM

it is anonymous just that a lot of people are okay with letting some of their information out, and that is okay, they can always spend away their whole wallet and restart again.

They do ask a lot from users, all that ID; I had a thought that may be one of the reasons Bitcoin is not meeting so much resistance, The system coupled with the legacy banking system and a bit of information can make money traceable across the planet, publicly. The user information is only through the exchanges, and as the BTC economy progresses it will be a smaller and smaller part of Bitcoin, too many people have gone through the gates, their part of the community just a matter of time before businesses can self-sustain wages to pay their employees.in BTC and people start demanding to earn BTC then the economy will begin to diversify and look more like what we are used to seeing when money flows.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:06:51 AM

Nobody ever said Bitcoin was anonymous. If anyone did, they're a damn liar. Go find whoever said this and punch that lying son of a bitch in the face.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:24:11 AM

We need privacy. We need it more than we need to bypass our banker overlords. We should be learning this.

Then downgraded to pseudo-anonymous....

Then I realised....holy fuck.....it's NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE to buy the things without giving up a hell of a lot of personal info. I signed up to a few exchanges. Had to give them passport photos, bank statements etc.

It's possible to remain anonymous.

I feel like the only person who has is Satoshi.

Some days this feels like an NSA plan.

And obviously, I assume everyone has heard about this recent initiative to "whitelist" coins.

I've ranted about this before, but it's becoming something we are losing site of in our euphoria over the recent rallying.

Priorities people.

The deflationary nature of our currency is great economically, but awful in terms of privacy. We have an endlessly circulating, increasingly tainted network here!

Wow. Just imagine if there were only 21 million phone numbers allowed what that would mean for anonymity.

In the USA, right now, I can send anonymous Money Orders to CampBX in the amount of up to $1000 each day into my account.  All I need is an e-mail (which if set up with TOR would be pretty anonymous) and an account at CampBX.

I can then transfer the coins wherever I want to an address that is pretty much anonymous as well.  (Anonymous in the sense that, unless someone is REALLY interested in me, they aren't going to know I have bitcoins).

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: