Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?  (Read 1221 times)
oz1934 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:11:16 PM

Some people says hodl is the best way to make big profit. I am not a good hodler. I just hodl genesis vision for 3 months and made 3x profit but the other I always sell in a week or 10 days. Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ovcijisir

Activity: 1492
Merit: 326

🐪

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 07:12:50 PM

Some people says hodl is the best way to make big profit. I am not a good hodler. I just hodl genesis vision for 3 months and made 3x profit but the other I always sell in a week or 10 days. Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?

Of course they can. Cryptocurrencies can offer best return of investment if you know what are you doing or have luck in buying/trading.

On the flip side you risk losing everything you invested if project you were investing in fails.

Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:16:42 PM

no it is not a good way to hold a specific coin.. this is the mistake that i have done in the past when the marketcap was 800 bn.. it is old saying in japan "money makes money'' so keep money in circulation just don't be so much greedy.. make 3-4% profit on your trade daily..

chaosfourever

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:18:37 PM

Lol 3 times. Always buy early and hold. In 12 months I was up 175 times. And that is still nothing. I got another year or so of holding till Ardor gets me to 600 times or more.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:26:24 PM

In 2017 holding was more profitable than Trading as many people has make good money from holding in 2017. I see that many people that has make money through cryptocurrency, make it through holding. A friend of mine that buy bitcoin in 2017 February has make good profit when he sell in December.
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:29:51 PM

Before asking such a question, think, the market always has one who buys, and one who sells. This means that there are cases when someone buys on the low and is sold in the high. This is serious profit.
I became an investor only at the end of last year (~4 months). I saw a good profit, then a loss, now rise again).

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
kutangterbang

Activity: 518
Merit: 134

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:33:31 PM

HODL is not just 6-12 months old, HODL is a long-term investment, maybe over the next 2-5 years. then you can enjoy the results. but if you can only hold 10 days. I suggest, start you learn trading with a small profit but continues, it will be more profitable than you hold in the period of 6-12 months
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:33:57 PM

no it is not a good way to hold a specific coin.. this is the mistake that i have done in the past when the marketcap was 800 bn.. it is old saying in japan "money makes money'' so keep money in circulation just don't be so much greedy.. make 3-4% profit on your trade daily..
It depends on what you are holding coins or it is going to shit coins, I just encountered also last year when I was holding a coin firstly was having a high value but later on going to shit. Well, holding for that months if that coin is fully developed it is probably profitable but we all know cryptos are unpredictable.
oyeade56

Activity: 163
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 07:36:01 PM

I have never hold for that long so I can't really tell of it's profitable but it's not a matter of hiw long, it's a matter Of The market value as at when you when you want to sell
menggay16

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:36:14 PM

Depending on wether that crypto will tell you that you can earn profits within 6-12 months. You can do what you want if your crypto really will have a huge impact in the future. But what if that does not happen and the time has come to improve its value but as you want a big profits in the the future, this opportunity is neglected. For me, i hope to be more sure that while waiting for my expectation to happen then i will not have to rely on if it will happen.
patriot_rf

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 07:36:19 PM

As I am a beginner in this case, all coins and tokens earned by me I postponing for a long-term outlook. As in places it isn't sure that correctly I will dispose of them.
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 07:40:13 PM

I can't give you any sound advice on this one.  If I held what I had in 2015, I'd be a millionnaire (XEM ICO investor, for starters  Shocked Roll Eyes)  If I sold what I held from last summer in january, I'd be x3 richer than I am today.  Sometimes you hodl, sometimes you don't.  Who's to say?  Grin  For now: I think it's best to hold your ground since the cryptomarket is still raher low. 
cryptospear

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:47:01 PM

If the project has failed from that days,you should sell to avoid the dumping of most of the people because nowadays investors are too sentive with the project development if the project has failed to do what they have planned to do,for example aplha testing they have failed to do what they want to achieved the value of the coin will surely get dumped.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:51:55 PM

There are new ICOs that are giving you a good profit from holding it, all you have to do to find them is to look their road map on how good their teams are and what is their target for their project. Mostly of their token was good for holding in a long term but some of them are just dumping right away so it really depends on the price that you want when you are ready to sell it.
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:55:09 PM

I can't give you any sound advice on this one.  If I held what I had in 2015, I'd be a millionnaire (XEM ICO investor, for starters  Shocked Roll Eyes)  If I sold what I held from last summer in january, I'd be x3 richer than I am today.  Sometimes you hodl, sometimes you don't.  Who's to say?  Grin  For now: I think it's best to hold your ground since the cryptomarket is still rather low.  

I'm in a similar boat, I bought 500K of Burst coin when it was 70-80 sats and BTC was around 4-5K, and it went up to 500 sats in December when BTC was 16K, but guess who only had 15K Burst coin at that point?  Roll Eyes
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:55:31 PM

no i have yet to make some serious money with my current long term holding, i have missed a great opportunity but now wait for another one. most of coins in my portfolio are for long term hodling, i will only take some profits when they are x10 or higher and reinvest again.
Dreamlandzoom

Activity: 414
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:56:17 PM

Almost any person holding from at least since August-September 2017 will tell you that he had huge profit by just holding coins. I came into crypto with very small amount to invest, but I have few friends who  made huge profit and still holding even on current market. Holding is definitely one of the ways to get profit in crypto. The question here is what to hold. This is were you need to pay attention. With new coins coming everyday not all of them are good to hold 12 months. But if you chose good then 12 month from now you can be reach
mega.kitten

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:59:40 PM

Unfortunately, I can not brag about my real profits. but my brother who has been dealing with crypto currency for a very long time, he has a profit of 500 times.

terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:03:36 PM

Some people says hodl is the best way to make big profit. I am not a good hodler.
You don't have to know if you are a good holder or not. If you basically hold and you do not move your coins, you're good at it.

I just hodl genesis vision for 3 months and made 3x profit but the other I always sell in a week or 10 days. Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?
You have earned 3x on it within 3 months and that's enough for you to say if a coin is profitable, you should get out it while it.
And a coin like this which is I'm not familiar with, the future of it depends on how big the market cap and on how big the volume is there until 6-12 months.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███