Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:19:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency ATM installed in Zimbabwe  (Read 1488 times)
DisWhale

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 01:02:35 AM

https://www.iol.co.za/business-report/international/cryptocurrency-atm-installed-in-zimbabwe-14459889
INTERNATIONAL - Cryptocurrency exchange platform Golix has decided to  install a Bitcoin and Litecoin ATM in Harare.

Zimbabwe has a growing interest for cryptocurrencies as well as other countries in the region.

Zimbabwe is a country that was not able to deal with its own currency. The inflation rates reached 79.6 billion percent in 2009, the highest in the world. The 2-way ATM was activated in the first week of April in order to attend the growing demand for these virtual currencies.

Different countries in Africa have decided to deploy crypto-ATMs in their states.

At the moment, only Zimbabwe and Djibouti have functioning crypto cash machines. Zimbabwe had to switch to US dollars due to the fact that its currency suffered from severe inflationary problems. Bitcoin and Litecoin could help Zimbabwe to face the current problems the economy has by providing a trustful means of exchange to the population. The situation is not better years after the inflationary peak.
Zimbabwe is one of the countries in Africa which supports cryptocurrency. No wonder its economy is raising gradually because the people are offered the finanacial freedom through the integration of Blockchain. It has one of the biggest crypto projects called Gold Mining Asset which integrates Blockchain and Mining to bring more value to these two industries. With time, more African countries will follow the trend to better the economy.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiktak89

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:09:04 PM

This is a very important decision for a developing country, because the use of cryptocurrency can significantly affect the economy of Zimbabwe in a positive way. I hope that the development of the blockchain here will be successful and will be an excellent example for all countries of the world.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:30:12 PM

That was so nice that bitcoin was still growing because some of country now legalizing and embracing the world of bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Good to hear that even Zimbabwe was also now have ATM for cryptocurrency  so we hope that all country installed ATM and legalizing cryptocurrency  for us to have a freedom to transaction anywhere  and any country. Bitcoin is one of the coin very successful.
Steinway-Bobb

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:37:53 PM

It is probably a wise decision that Zambabwe is born with, which is also a sign that the opposing states need a different view of it.
andigentho

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:40:01 PM

This is truly remarkable, the Zimbabwean state can legalize crypto and even establish a crypto ATM machine. This can be good news for crypto for the process to be legal and accepted throughout the world.
Nasonn

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:43:24 PM

It's great to see the strides countries like Zimbabwe is making against all odds but I don't think crypto is the solution to their inflation problems because crypto on its own isn't stable except the ATM is not limited to the BTC, ETH and LTC but other stable coins.
maxilopez

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:13:03 PM

This is quite good news because it shows that Bitcoin is becoming more and more popular in the world, and in the future, we definitely expect growth.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
nathosha

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:46:28 AM

very good news. i think every country should adapt this type of features of cryptocurrency.
blockchainwriters

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:32:41 AM

zimbabwe already in an economic crisis now cryptocurrency will definitely help the economy and Zimbabwe will be the example for all African countries
beatzcoin123

Activity: 184
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 06:52:56 AM

this is a good news for cryptocurrency, i cannot wait to see an atm mechine in my country here in nigeria, with developments like this, i can confidently hodl on to my bitcoin, knowing fully well that the future is bright for the virtual currency.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:58:44 AM

It's a wonderful news for all crypto hunters in Zimbabwe and also good news for all cryptocurrency. It has proven how Zimbabwean people active in the cryptocurrency. For installing this ATMs machine now Zimbabwean crypto users can transaction easily. So this would be the best example for another country.

sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:38:44 AM

This is a very good step forward for Zimbabwe as a nation which has seen its local currency suffer from instability. even though cryptocurrencies are also volatile, I believe their use will help to normalize the situation at hand and I have a strong feeling that the people of Zimbabwe are already enjoying the use of the ATM.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:19:17 AM

This is a very important decision for a developing country, because the use of cryptocurrency can significantly affect the economy of Zimbabwe in a positive way. I hope that the development of the blockchain here will be successful and will be an excellent example for all countries of the world.
Looking at their currencies that are far more volatile than bitcoin would certainly make their people feel safer to save their money in bitcoin. Zimbabwe has a very low currency rate and not even worthed. introducing bitcoin to their public could be a good shortcut for solving their currency problems
seramania

Activity: 827

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:21:17 AM

Zimbabwe is a country in Africa that dares to implement cryptocurrency, this can provide an example to several other countries that are already advanced and legal to be able to adopt crypto atm in their country. so this is a new breakthrough.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:50:06 AM

I hope that this is only the beginning, and soon such ATMs will appear in many countries of the world. If the regulators of developed countries will  legally allow the use of cryptocurrency, it will greatly help Bitcoin to become more popular among the population of the whole world. I read that many projects had a similar idea to install ATMs, but unfortunately, the authorities of many countries are struggling with cryptocurrency and many of these projects could not be realized.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
IndigoRed

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:45:10 PM

This is an awesome development and clearly shows that the bitcoin revolution is not border constrained. This will open up new opportunities in Zimbabwe where this revolution has begun. Good news here.

I like what you said about bitcoin not being border constrained. That’s one of the best features of bitcoin and hopefully, Zimbabwe can start a domino effect and other countries will do the same as well.

plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:56:07 PM

I don't know much about Zimbabwe but is this in the third world country if it is it's a milestone for them to have one, if they can do it, first world country should not have a hard time installing in their own country, they just explain to their government the advantages of having adopted Cryptocurrency.
rina aulia

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:02:54 AM

recently I read the news in Malaysia also will provide bitcoin ATM at some point in the city center but this news has not yet impacted the price increase in bitcoin and now the opposite

Aponkye1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 05:24:31 AM

Well that is very impressive. Making cryptocurrencies accessible and available at all vantage points can enhance the use of cryptocurencies in the purchase of items in Zimbabwe but i think there are other countries in Africa like Kenya who have also proposed the installation of cryptocurrencies ATM machines.

sfr2017

Activity: 286

Football Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 05:27:13 AM

Nice to see African coutry like zimbabwe  accept cryptocurrency it will help it if there's a good use of cryptocurrency not war and other problems Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: