Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:49:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ian Balina Got Hacked for 750 000$ -never open emails that are recovery  (Read 226 times)
vrabac68 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:30:22 PM

Balina did not do himself any favors by being very open about his wealth, basically painting a target on his back for hackers wanting to get a piece of his pie.The attack took place in the middle of a stream where he was reviewing an ICO an ICO review. He was suddenly asked to sign back into his email account and discovered that he no longer had access to it.
Crazy stuff happening
He Wrote:
“This is how I think I got hacked. My college email was listed as a recovery email to my Gmail. I remember getting an email about it being compromised, and tried to follow up with my college security to get it resolved, but wasn’t able to get it handled in [a] fast manner and gave up on it thinking it was just an old email,” he wrote.

Mahanton

Activity: 2716
Merit: 632

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:41:33 PM

Balina did not do himself any favors by being very open about his wealth, basically painting a target on his back for hackers wanting to get a piece of his pie.The attack took place in the middle of a stream where he was reviewing an ICO an ICO review. He was suddenly asked to sign back into his email account and discovered that he no longer had access to it.
Crazy stuff happening
He Wrote:
“This is how I think I got hacked. My college email was listed as a recovery email to my Gmail. I remember getting an email about it being compromised, and tried to follow up with my college security to get it resolved, but wasn’t able to get it handled in [a] fast manner and gave up on it thinking it was just an old email,” he wrote.

Im very alert when theres a prompt when it comes to my emails but this kind of scenario can really make the victim easily to believe if you are not a suspicious person. This is way too careless because he fall into the trap.
$750k was a huge amount and for sure hackers are now smiling on getting a piece of the pie, or even the whole thing.If we do hold up huge amounts we should be wary into our actions.Even its believable always make a review and repeat it until you do secure it that it is already safe.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:48:00 PM

Hackers can intercept your account using your email and I think it is not advisable to make publicity with your email. Hence, there is a 2FA where you can secure yourself that you are just the one who opens with you email. We should always protect our email adds because hackers can access our wallet though we have private keys. Look what happened with this guy.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
nata777

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:53:30 PM

Crazy stuff happening
He Wrote:

Bad news, but he is guilty of it. You need to be careful about your money. Hackers do not sleep and see everything
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:18:44 PM

His first mistake was his public portfolio stuff. And followed by his numerous investment advice and analysis. People were on the look out for him. A lot of persons who never knew he had so much wealth also became interested in his affairs. I hope he recovers his funds back or learns to keep his portfolio as private as he can.
Nginende

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:21:09 PM

Seriously, people. How are some still being conducted on such letters? Or why you do not protect your accounts for example using mobile authentication. There are many burglars, but no less than the means against them. Use the Internet wisely.
celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:23:27 PM

How can someone be so stupid, 750k isnt that much but its still money that shouldn't be lost.

kingvirtus09

Activity: 840
Merit: 108

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 10:51:04 PM

That's what i'm talking about. how many funds that he still have? I hope his okay right now and soon he will recover that. Never ever leak your data information on public especially if you going to make a blog on air.

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:54:06 PM

How can someone be so stupid, 750k isnt that much but its still money that shouldn't be lost.

At least a lot of people need a lot of time to collected that amounts. Almost 1 million and that's enough to by a lambo.

Seriously, people. How are some still being conducted on such letters? Or why you do not protect your accounts for example using mobile authentication. There are many burglars, but no less than the means against them. Use the Internet wisely.
I'm using mobile autenthication and verification through personal message and i never have any problem till this time. Maybe he was forgetting to put it to protect his email and give the more security to his account.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 10:57:58 PM

Crazy stuff happening
He Wrote:

Well he will be targeted for this because he is everywhere and he flaunts his wealth, I'm surprised a tech guy like him will fall for this this is very basic check the link you are clicking before proceeding, now he learn his lesson and it's a costly one.

modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:58:16 PM

The only people can open his account are from google,which might be the people who stole his assets,if the high ranking employee his email address he can immediately open the gmail address without him knowing,which is possible that is why you shouldnt be trusting these email providers because if the employee has done shady things it might be unrecoverable.

cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:04:31 PM

If you are this stupid, you deserve it.

Not even talking about opening the email.

I am talking about keeping this much coins in a hot wallet that even more, is tied to your goddamn email address.

Even if i had thousands of BTC i wouldst keep more than a few in a hot wallet.

This has nothing to do with being rich or not.
cryptomarijuana

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:11:05 PM

He is too careless,because he is showing money to thousands of people,no one can ever break gmail's security if he is using 2fa but in his case he isnt that is why the hacker easily got access to his email,causing a lot of trouble though he is a good man he shouldnt be showing his wealth infront of these people because it is too dangerous ! we know he learned his lesson very hard.

richaerich

Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:12:24 PM

Crazy stuff happening
He Wrote:

Yeah, it's because whenever we joined and participated in a bounty, there are a few bounties that allow people to see our email, then they will send a phising email to ours, that's how they hacked people's account and wallet
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:16:53 PM

If you are this stupid, you deserve it.
This is exactly what i am thinking too, i am not sure how that happened, i cannot understand how he was targeted and since it says that he was streaming while he got attached, he was stupid enough to use a system which had his valuables and took the chance to open links sent by someone probably a phishing link without checking out twice and paid the price, phishing attacks are the main reason for these hacks, make sure you bookmark or double check every site you open.
HoardApp

Activity: 35
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 11:21:09 PM

Goes to show you the importance of security. Hardware wallets, anti-virus/malware programs, the use of VPNs. Every precaution should be taken to ensure the safety of your hard earned money.
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:21:51 PM

I'm sorry for this guy, He gained popularity on public and what's bad about it. alot of hackers intends to access his account, Maybe he click on email address that has malware virus. I hope it serves alot of lesson for him and other users.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:27:51 PM

It’s never a great idea to flaunt your wealth no matter what the amount it is - small or big. It’s basically an open invitation for potential robbers. This kind of information should be kept private, otherwise you may put yourself in harm. Scammers are very creative nowadays and they use up to almost anything to steal from you and sometimes just a small leak of information would just do the trick. Also, we should be careful of our emails even if its old. The personal information it has may be the key for others to steal from you.
makuhpal

Activity: 256

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:42:03 PM

Carelessness which is why he got hacked,he is too confident showing his assets to anonymous people in the internet,no system is safe which is why he got hacked,the hacker knows when to attack because the timing is very well when ian balina is busy on streaming the hacker has transafered the assets to his wallet,2fa couldnt be activated that is why the hacker easily compromised his account.

bigdogdan2

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:46:56 PM

Best not to openly say what your net worth is.  no reason to make yourself a target.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: