Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:57:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain of data privacy is coming  (Read 207 times)
gutshot5820 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:59:29 PM

Saw this really good read talking about facebook's cambridge analytica/data exploitation scandal and how that's bringing about new companies that are changing the relationship between data and users: https://www.blockchainmagazine.net/facebooks-blunder-ignite-blockchain-data-privacy-movement/

What do you guys think?
Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:32:53 AM

I think now is the perfect time for something like that. good read too, thanks
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 01:43:56 AM

Saw this really good read talking about facebook's cambridge analytica/data exploitation scandal and how that's bringing about new companies that are changing the relationship between data and users: https://www.blockchainmagazine.net/facebooks-blunder-ignite-blockchain-data-privacy-movement/

What do you guys think?

This is the greatest event that could happened to data owners. It's a welcome development to the internet of things. Data is the oil of the economy and I think the control should be in the hands of rightful owners. Thanks for the information.

HOMT

Powered by,
gregall

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:48:36 AM

What do you guys think?

This is the greatest event that could happened to data owners. It's a welcome development to the internet of things. Data is the oil of the economy and I think the control should be in the hands of rightful owners. Thanks for the information.

I am thinking the same thing. There is such a big opportunity for a project like this one to come in and actually reward us for our attention. big fan of algebraix
rmilly

Activity: 312
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:59:57 PM

I also looked into Algebraix and it's pretty promising. Have any of you guys signed up for their airdrop?

hiphoptrail

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:42:45 AM

they claim that your private info belongs on your phone...

i'll pass with that flawed logic
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:55:40 AM

it seems like at this moment the centralized system is a little bit risky to use, now we will think the privacy & decentralized system are the good choice to replace all of that thing. I know it will be hard since just a few people that knowing this technology, and off course will be hard because some of industry or even goverment need centralized system to know your privacy.
Tulen1990

Activity: 222
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:28:02 PM

they claim that your private info belongs on your phone...

i'll pass with that flawed logic

I think the data is stored on your phone and protected with smart contracts. Even if someone got ahold of your phone they wouldn't have access to it lol. But DYOR and read their wp before you make that decision. https://algebraix.io/wp-content/themes/algebraix/uploads/Algebraix_Blockchain.pdf
ExtremeFacials.com

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:35:28 PM

This would be a great privilage to face. It can became a thing that many of us could only dream about, but as always, we will se, if it happens
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:53:40 PM

With blockchain technology out there, and with such huge support base, it was only a matter of time before something like this appeared. I guess we can expect more and more projects like this.
But some how I have a feeling that our private data will never be as "private" as we think, speaking in general of course. I don't say that this project is bad, this could be next best social media out there.
Its good to see that people are thinking about using blockchain for more then just cryptocurrency and tokens. Will follow this project. Who knows, it maybe turns out to be a good one.  Wink
bornforfreedom

Activity: 203
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:03:51 PM

With blockchain technology out there, and with such huge support base, it was only a matter of time before something like this appeared. I guess we can expect more and more projects like this.
But some how I have a feeling that our private data will never be as "private" as we think, speaking in general of course. I don't say that this project is bad, this could be next best social media out there.
Its good to see that people are thinking about using blockchain for more then just cryptocurrency and tokens. Will follow this project. Who knows, it maybe turns out to be a good one.  Wink

I think this one will be great. I read into the wp and team and everything looks solid. One thing I really like about this project is that you can play with their product right now since they have their beta tester airdrop. the app has great UI/UX and they're very active on telegram and very open to feedback.

I would see for yourself. this is a great step forward to the future of data privacy/rewards.
Xioma

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:06:01 PM

What do you guys think?

Really interesting, especially with what's happening with facebook. Hope to see something big come out of it.
kinki32

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:09:01 PM

I don't understand why you need privacy in social network? I believe that people use facebook for unlock yourself.
ccryptopark

Activity: 300
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:30:37 PM

I don't understand why you need privacy in social network? I believe that people use facebook for unlock yourself.

wtf?? Privacy of user data lol. That's why there was a whole scandal with facebook since they were selling user data to companies. It's important because these platforms know a lot about us and our behavior. They make billions off of our info.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:35:08 PM

wtf?? Privacy of user data lol. That's why there was a whole scandal with facebook since they were selling user data to companies. It's important because these platforms know a lot about us and our behavior. They make billions off of our info.

Yeah now thats true and I can bet more than 10 BTC on this statement. I even think that many other social platforms might just have started re-weritign their of terms and condition after Facebook caught on fire with the law suits. We know very well the whole world is connected with the internet and everything other platform is doing the same thing as the Facebook did. I think they have more or less started looking after the matter when this scandal happened.

Blockchain is already getting new wings when we see that scandal coming. I am sure blockchain will be new brand of the privacy now onwards.
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:25:53 PM

Yeah now thats true and I can bet more than 10 BTC on this statement. I even think that many other social platforms might just have started re-weritign their of terms and condition after Facebook caught on fire with the law suits. We know very well the whole world is connected with the internet and everything other platform is doing the same thing as the Facebook did. I think they have more or less started looking after the matter when this scandal happened.

Blockchain is already getting new wings when we see that scandal coming. I am sure blockchain will be new brand of the privacy now onwards.

i'm glad this is creating a movement where companies are held accountable. I also think the project mentioned is a perfect direction for consumers and advertisers. Big fan of algebraix just based on the idea and team
alexcopper

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:30:28 PM

imo this is a great project with lots of potential. i think it's about time we keep our data safe from google, twitter, and facebook.
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:48:15 PM

What privacy you are talking about? blockchain aims to have more transparency to almost everything which is why we should be looking forward to this a long time ago,the privacy of facebook users are worthless as this shit social media platform has leaked a lot of data,what a shit platform facebook has become they are aiming for better privacy which they cant have.

trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 08:22:05 PM

This scandal actually is not the only one, it is the only one big we know. Blockchain can secure the data better, facebook try to secure the data only as they use the date to make money  Smiley

L1240erion

Activity: 151

Permission-based advertising platform

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:39:22 PM

This scandal actually is not the only one, it is the only one big we know. Blockchain can secure the data better, facebook try to secure the data only as they use the date to make money  Smiley

this exactly. I see a lot of great benefits with something like algebraix. great way to make some money watching great content. have any of you downloaded their app?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: