Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:03:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Coin Mining/Minting Generation Option Do You Like The Most?
POS - 7 (11.5%)
Masternodes - 7 (11.5%)
Hardware Mining - 46 (75.4%)
Cloud Mining - 1 (1.6%)
VPS Mining - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Choose your favorite mining option  (Read 775 times)
SetupMasternodes (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:59:22 AM

There are lots of discussions happening around Mining/Minting coins right now. Our team (SetupMasternodes) has decided to take to the polls to ask the community for their input on the different mining options.

Please answer the question above by making a vote. If you want to explain the reason for your vote, please do so below, and truly explain the reason for it.

For any setup or troubleshooting questions, please use our official thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SetupMasternodes (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:38:48 AM

Top votes and posters will be listed here with a link back to their usernames
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:11:39 AM

I vote for hardware mining, cause I have already. Then what actually the difference between POS and Masternode? I thought that the same.

DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:03:29 AM
Merited by EthanB (1)

Your poll could be simplified by dividing it into 2 simple categories:

A. Software based mining
B. Hardware based mining

For my opinion, hardware is the best way to mine. Won't pretend to know all the technicalities but it's more secure and its more fun.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 06:57:11 AM

I would like to vote for hardware mining (GPU, not ASIC haha) and PoS.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:54:34 AM

Hardware mining for me here

Its GPU, Miner and ASICs  like s9

+Base on hardware minng its the easiest way to earn bitcoin a speacific altcoin that you want to mine

but basing on the previous article I reed GPU is the only one can help you pick any specific altcoin you want.

FACT: sometimes you can mine using CPU but make sure you done all properly  the things you need when it comes to CPU.

I know this is basic but still I wish this can still be helpful for those newbies who just started reading here and not at google.

+ASICs is helpful when it comes electricity

Lets just say this is the most simplest way for me among those other choices you provide.  
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:14:12 AM

For me it is Hardware mining definitely.

As far as I know, this was the idea that Satoshi had for producing crypto currencies when he started BitCoin.
Everyone should be able to use accessible hardware in order to produce new coins thus making the whole process decentralized.

The rest of the options don't seem that "decentralized" as this option since you rely on others to be able to do it.
SwissBoo

Activity: 700
Merit: 1

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 02:57:08 PM

Masternodes is it for me

Create Your own Full Masternode VPS without Technical Skills in 1 HOUR
==>  https://www.SetupMasternodes.com  <==
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:39:35 PM

hw mining is way more profitable than cloud mining. in case you have a luck and get hands on new miners in first or second wave of sale. then prices usually skyrocket

And also Hardware mining would be better on risk management than cloud mining, at least we have the hardware itself.

i like to tweak GPUs and see the fans spinining so its hardware mining for me

I felt the same.

EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:31:05 PM

Your poll could be simplified by dividing it into 2 simple categories:

A. Software based mining
B. Hardware based mining

For my opinion, hardware is the best way to mine. Won't pretend to know all the technicalities but it's more secure and its more fun.

I was wondering myself why there was multiple version of Hardware and Software mining and then they were also broader categories, as well. Hardware mining is clearly superior to the rest of these options being presented. All mining comes down to hardware regardless, so the only difference in each of these would be your level of interaction and ownership with the mining equipment and profits. Too many "Software" based mining companies are simply interested in collecting money from people and then distributing it back to them at a pace in which they will not ROI.

You do not need to know all of the technicalities to know that it is superior, because I'm sure you've heard of the countless cloud mining scams, and the rest of it. You are better off being in full control over your mining, your rigs and your coins. The entire foundational principals of cryptocurrencies are based around the idea of taking control over your own economic security/freedom. Allowing it to be in the hands of another person or company is self-defeating, in this regard. As Vlad has said, it is anti-decentralization and this is not something I'm willing to get behind.
SwissBoo

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 04:22:38 PM

this is gaining attention

socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:34:11 PM

Hardware mining is the best of all than the other options.

Cloud mining is the worst thing if you invest there you will lose because most of the cloud mining are giving a fake proof and scam.
In POS you can gain only a few coins, but the more you invest the more you can make a profit.
For masternode this is one of the great, but the hardware mining will be still the best option because you own a hardware to mine coins.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:04:27 PM

hello buddy
I vote hardware mining by using GPU because the miners become one of the profession and many challenges. Proud of ourselves, one of them when solving a problem on the GPU.
SwissBoo

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 08:03:03 PM

Hardware mining is the best of all than the other options.

Cloud mining is the worst thing if you invest there you will lose because most of the cloud mining are giving a fake proof and scam.
In POS you can gain only a few coins, but the more you invest the more you can make a profit.
For masternode this is one of the great, but the hardware mining will be still the best option because you own a hardware to mine coins.

agree with you on this. cloud has a lot of problems because of scams.

alient86

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:04:16 PM

I vote for Hardware mining. However, to date I would not say that this is the most profitable. But I vote for him, because because I already have., I want to expand more.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:18:52 PM

Definitely hardware mining for me. It just feels nice to have something physical that is "printing" out money Cheesy.
Masternodes are cool as well but when the coin loses its value you are stuck holding a heavy bag.

Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 04:37:10 AM

Always hardware mining for me. I do it mostly becourse im a hardware freak, i really dont do it for the money. But so far money has been good. But it would be stupid not to put the mined coins to work with either PoS or a Masternode. I prefer Masternode of the two mentioned.
SetupMasternodes (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 12:49:39 AM

I see more valuable posts coming in. I think people under estimate the differences between the mining operations. That ability to understand the differences makes it an important factor of an investment.
SwissBoo

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 02:33:27 AM

bump

SetupMasternodes (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:31:37 AM

The votes are getting popular. Please keep up the votes and tell us your thoughts in the posts below
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: