Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:12:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What a heroic act should i do to get 100 merits  (Read 681 times)
Crypt0BHunter (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:39:22 AM

Hello people. How you like merit system on btt? I think it's quite effective to prevent a lot of spam accounts of bounty hunters, but because it's new i think it's need some fixes and rebalance. Especially what should do the regullar member to get amazingly 100 merits!? What's your opinion about that?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:18:21 AM

Hello people. How you like merit system on btt? I think it's quite effective to prevent a lot of spam accounts of bounty hunters, but because it's new i think it's need some fixes and rebalance. Especially what should do the regullar member to get amazingly 100 merits!? What's your opinion about that?
I do not think that any of your efforts, including the heroic plan, can lead to the fact that in the coming years you will be able to get one hundred merits. With the introduction of the merit system in January this year, in fact, the transfers from rank to rank are frozen. Whatever qualitative messages you write, you will not be able to get one hundred merits to become a full member. Now the members of the forum almost all ended up giving them in January s-merit. Therefore, very rarely someone is sent to the merits for a quality message. Soon they will end altogether. What's next? Soon the junior will have more activity than the hero. This is true?

lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:31:49 AM

I do not think that any of your efforts, including the heroic plan, can lead to the fact that in the coming years you will be able to get one hundred merits. With the introduction of the merit system in January this year, in fact, the transfers from rank to rank are frozen. Whatever qualitative messages you write, you will not be able to get one hundred merits to become a full member. Now the members of the forum almost all ended up giving them in January s-merit. Therefore, very rarely someone is sent to the merits for a quality message. Soon they will end altogether. What's next? Soon the junior will have more activity than the hero. This is true?

Yes this is true
No heroics can get 100 merits in years
We can just hope the system Tries to re affirm the policy and hopefully
We can keep enjoying the forum

Cos it’s actually hard been in newbie all these while too
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:35:38 AM

It has become very hard to earn merits now even if your posts are helpful and knowledgeable for others and not spam, people don't bother to give merit or even read whole thread.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:13:57 PM

The system was introduced in January, now is late April and I see that almost everyone have no more merits left. And the largest amount of smerits are accumulated on legendary and hero members.
But I don't know what should I do to impress legendary to receive his merits Grin
So I think that merit is more rare than bitcoin, really. Two merits sent generates only one sendable merit. It is possible to earn them, of course. But you should do something special. Maybe kill bitcoin cash I don't know

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:23:50 PM

You wont get merits regarless you are posting quality contents,or some good contribution in this forum,because the higher ranks wont give a shit to us lower ranks,how is it balanced? a year ago you can be a senior member by just being active in this forum,but now? as single person wont be able to do that not with the help of high rank accounts which wont give you any.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:30:12 PM

you are just being funny. I don't think any heroic act can fetch you 100 merit. since the merit system has been introduced early this year, the chance of reaching the next rank is becoming hard and harder. people don't give merit no matter what you do to impress them except some legendary member merit you. even if you seek for merit through some dubious means and moderator catch you. your account will be ban. you can visit the meta section to see a thread created for a member to report account farming. we hope to see change in this rule before the end of the year. it will be better to look for another strategy to detect alt account other than this merit system
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:46:00 PM

merit system is applied to narrow the existence of multiple accounts, and also to avoid the number of posts that are not useful, although it can all harm the participants honestly, but this has become a forum rules that must be accepted

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 09:04:42 PM

Hello, dear participants of the forum. It has long been obvious to all of us that the system with merit input is perfect for dealing with multiaccounts. But you suffer from it and are honest users. I am hardworking person, I am willing to work 10-12 hours, but it will not let me earn a new rank on the forum, because high quality posts or not get a merit or receive it very little. The number of spam didn't decrease in the branches. Every day I see new topics with the same questions beginners, for example, " is it worth investing in Ripple?", "What are the best altcoins?"and so on. Qualitatively nothing has changed, but I left hope to start making good money at the expense of signature campaign.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10759

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 09:33:09 PM
Merited by digaran (2), Talk merit (1)

I think this subject should normally go in the Beginners and help section or Meta section.

Regardless, I can talk for myself from the point of view of someone who has managed the feat you are talking about, being completely new to the forum just before the time the merit system kicked-in.

To cut a long story short, I set a personal objective to reach 100 sMerits in a short period of time. It was let’s say a personal challenge I wanted to take on. In order to do that, I set my mind to put time and effort into most of my posts, trying to either develop an idea, prove a point through reasoning, or bring something new to the table which may be meaningful to some. When I say effort, it goes without saying that the amount of invested personal time is also significant. I had no idea how long I’d take, nor even if it was going to be feasible, but I’m rather persistent when I set my mind to things.

It’s true that ranking up is way more difficult now than before. You can see how things stand in my post on the Rank Pipeline (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3338915.msg34933172#msg34933172).

Often you hit your head on the table when you see some of the merited posts, especially at the beginning when sMerit was thrown around like 100$ notes at a strip club. That has overtime come to more sensible terms, and now seems to be summited to better criteria (not always though).
But that is unavoidable since sMerit awarding is by nature subjective and driven by one’s personal affinity or interest to topics or the way these are exposed.

Meta section is interesting to read, since there are various statistics that help us understand how things are moving and comments from seniors backing all sorts of currents in relation to the merit system. I suggest though that you read a lot in the Meta section before posting there, since getting a grip of the whole picture is fundamental to be meaningful is some way.

Ranking up is definitely not easy now, but that is the game. We can either play along and join in a constructive manner, or sit back and complain. I took the former approach, but hell is it tiresome… we’ll see how long I play the game for..
Theymos on the other hand is surely monitoring the system, and I figure could make a move somewhere down the line to incentive sMerit awarding and avoid it packing up in people’s account forever.  

Remember that the Merit system was created to try to reduce spamming, increase overall posting content quality, and put the break on account farming. Those (declared) objectives cannot on the other hand drown the whole ranking system and draw it to a standstill.
There are other users on that track. In the Member to Full Member path, I would place as examples:

* Husna QA -> Looks Ok. -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1827294
* bitmover -> Looks Ok. -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1554927

Full member:
* coinlocket$ -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1339716

There are others like nullius (copper member) on a different league : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=976210

In summary, it is feasible to gain those 100 sMerits you’re talking about, but they need to be sweated quite a bit…
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:04:59 PM

Hello, dear participants of the forum. It has long been obvious to all of us that the system with merit input is perfect for dealing with multiaccounts. But you suffer from it and are honest users. I am hardworking person, I am willing to work 10-12 hours, but it will not let me earn a new rank on the forum, because high quality posts or not get a merit or receive it very little. The number of spam didn't decrease in the branches. Every day I see new topics with the same questions beginners, for example, " is it worth investing in Ripple?", "What are the best altcoins?"and so on. Qualitatively nothing has changed, but I left hope to start making good money at the expense of signature campaign.

I would've actually given you a Merit for this post, but I have none left. A merit system was invented in order to induce the quality, but however, I don't see that happening.
Most of those that are used to writing shit-posts continue to do so (although now they also do that more intensively and beg for merits), while those on the opposite side continue to write good posts.

Until now, however, most of those in the middle, myself included increased a quality of posts. However again, most of those started to lose interest after not receiving merits for quality posts.
I continue to write a decent quality post every now and then Smiley, but I do that with respect to the signature campaign and because of my own interests, not for the merits.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:19:39 AM

Protest in meta, start a riot and eventually overthrow the king, or leave and let him rule an empty land. my own heroic act in the past 90 days has been  a distribution of less than 100 merits as a source. in other words, you should expect a full member coming out of my contribution. yet people envy my status. I already know they wouldn't make me a mod, talking from experience, I would keep helping regardless.

"Do good even if they are not asking for it"

"Said father of the mother teresa".

🖤😏
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 08:07:50 AM

What a load of tosh there is in this thread. I gave a merit to one post, but most of the others just seem to be excuses for not having received merits. I've got merits to award on both of my accounts, but it is difficult to find people to reward with them A lot of other members have sMerits waiting for good posts as well.

If you aren't getting any merits, either you are spending time in the wrong places, or you aren't producing good original posts.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:43:57 AM

snip

Yes this is true
No heroics can get 100 merits in years
We can just hope the system Tries to re affirm the policy and hopefully
We can keep enjoying the forum

Cos it’s actually hard been in newbie all these while too

I got 210 merits since January if i remember correctly, oh wait, it is true that i got 100 merits. So i am a heroic based on your word (the bold part)  Grin
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 09:18:22 AM

You people are going to make me throw up. Everyday since merit was started we have a new thread asking about "how to get merit" in an new way in a new fashion but basically the same thing over and over again - nonstop.

Simply forget that "Merit" named "something" ever happened to this forum and continue shitposting like you used to do - then one day you will understand the real reason why you came here and only then will you understand what merit is.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
m1c0

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:38:06 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (2)

Maybe change the way of your posts? When looking at your last posts I only see one liners and bounty stuff. Consider changing that and Merit may come to you one day, else stop begging for it, it won't change anything unlike you do a real enrichment for the community.

I don't see myself as a good poster because english isn't my main language but I enjoy reading bct and I never got a merit under normal conditions but I'm still learning everyday so one day I will start accumulate merits (hopefully).

It’s true that ranking up is way more difficult now than before. You can see how things stand in my post on the Rank Pipeline (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3338915.msg34933172#msg34933172).

Remember that the Merit system was created to try to reduce spamming, increase overall posting content quality, and put the break on account farming. Those (declared) objectives cannot on the other hand drown the whole ranking system and draw it to a standstill.
There are other users on that track. In the Member to Full Member path, I would place as examples:

* Husna QA -> Looks Ok. -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1827294
* bitmover -> Looks Ok. -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1554927

Full member:
* coinlocket$ -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1339716

There are others like nullius (copper member) on a different league : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=976210

In summary, it is feasible to gain those 100 sMerits you’re talking about, but they need to be sweated quite a bit…

I agree with you that ranking up is more difficult than ever but your own statistic shows it clearly that lower ranked persons struggle even more with ranking up because of lack of merits.
Why? Are their posts that much worse than hero/legendary members? I don't think so. It's just nuances.
It's more because they reach activity limit much faster. Within 60days/5x2week cycle from M to FM compared to 240days from SrM to HM.
In addition, some higher ranked members know each other and trust them more and are therefore more tempted to give merits to those. No, that's not an accusation of Merit exchange, just a subjective opinion.

You listed a few members of this Forum that actually do good job in their postings and they clearly deserve merits for their hard work but that are how many?
How many actually got 90 Merits after starting from Member? How many got 150 after starting as Full Member? Yea I don't have numbers on that but let me guess it's less than 5% overall.
To be honest I think it's unfair to those that were active in here earlier than others and it should be possible to lose your rank over time if you don't collect merits in a certain amount of time (maybe last 120 days).
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:52:43 PM

snip

snip

I agree with you that ranking up is more difficult than ever but your own statistic shows it clearly that lower ranked persons struggle even more with ranking up because of lack of merits.
Why? Are their posts that much worse than hero/legendary members? I don't think so. It's just nuances.
It's more because they reach activity limit much faster. Within 60days/5x2week cycle from M to FM compared to 240days from SrM to HM.
In addition, some higher ranked members know each other and trust them more and are therefore more tempted to give merits to those. No, that's not an accusation of Merit exchange, just a subjective opinion.

You listed a few members of this Forum that actually do good job in their postings and they clearly deserve merits for their hard work but that are how many?
How many actually got 90 Merits after starting from Member? How many got 150 after starting as Full Member? Yea I don't have numbers on that but let me guess it's less than 5% overall.
To be honest I think it's unfair to those that were active in here earlier than others and it should be possible to lose your rank over time if you don't collect merits in a certain amount of time (maybe last 120 days).

Let me counter ask you. Is it fair for people who have quality and do a great contribution to get same merit with many normal people here? If most people give merit to single person, then that person is the standard. Please look at that member's meritted post and compare it to yours. The fact that some of posts didnt get merit is because the posts are not great or there are greater posts than that posts.

Ranking is slow now? So? Did this forum have the obligation to make you a legendary member to get a better payment in sig?
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 01:00:21 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2018, 04:49:57 AM by TMAN
Merited by dazedfool (50), chronicsky (20), ChiBitCTy (4), Foxpup (1), TheUltraElite (1), o_e_l_e_o (1)

Ok Op.. for 50 merits your challenge is..,

Write I will suck cock for merits on your chest and back in pink lipstick, then write Pharmacist on one leg and Lauda on the other, just over your naval in the style of Tupac's thug life tattoo I want you to write Dazed fool. that's part one.

Part two is to get one of your pajeet buddies to film you walking around a major city shirtless wearing shorts and saying that you will suck cock for merits. Video needs to be 23 minutes long, we will also need some ID verification, I suggest you sending a PM to a DT member of you holding your ID with your face showing.

Would you accept my challenge?

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
m1c0

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:25:05 PM

Let me counter ask you. Is it fair for people who have quality and do a great contribution to get same merit with many normal people here? If most people give merit to single person, then that person is the standard. Please look at that member's meritted post and compare it to yours. The fact that some of posts didnt get merit is because the posts are not great or there are greater posts than that posts.

Ranking is slow now? So? Did this forum have the obligation to make you a legendary member to get a better payment in sig?

No that's not what I meant. I honour people that contribute to the forum and I enjoy reading it if it is real quality post. I consider DdmrDdmr's post as a quality one that deserves Merits.
All I would like to see is that it should be possible to send a fraction of sMerits like 0.1 or something like that to honour good posts that aren't superb ones.
You know what I mean? it's not like 1 or 0, all or nothing, good or meh. Very few are even able to judge whether it is a good or not a good post.
Same goes to any cryptocurrency, it can't fall back to zero unless volume drops to 0 forever or you delete that blockchain which would be the same as deleting a good post and remove the Merits from it.
Iyangyang

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:55:46 PM

You must have a lot of heroic post. For my opinion, people acting like a police man caughting other people that they say having merit abuse. Or some people giving information that everyone can know like, trusted managers, merit exchanges and "quality post" that are copy paste from the internet oftenly have some merit.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: