Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:15:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any altcoins that are independent to Bitcoin?  (Read 446 times)
yura888

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:10:43 PM

I am wondering if there are coins that are independent to the Bitcoin price? Like, if Bitcoin's value increases, the altcoin will not increase at the same time Bitcoin does. Or maybe, I am wrong that the price of Bitcoin doesn't have any effect to the value of altcoins? Please enlighten me with this topic. If there's any coins that are independent, what are the benefits that you can get in investing to that altcoin that you can't get in investing in Bitcoin?
I think that there are no such coins. It all depends on the trends. Now the trend that altcoins grow does not depend on bitcoin. But soon everything can change. And altcoins all traded in pair on bitcoin, they are dependent on him

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:12:58 PM

I heard that there are such coins that do not depend on the bitcoin, but I do not know their names, maybe it was just an advertisement. I think that ETH is partly dependent on BTC, because I had previously seen a situation where the BTC fell, ETH increased growth. I believe that 90% of coins in the market depend on bitcoin!

of course there are. Altcoins and tokens are fully independent and dont have a strong connection to the value of bitcoin but there were times that both of their value are really identical to each other but it was only a co incident. most of the times the value of bitcoin is still highly volatile and fluctuates too oftenly while alts and toks on the other hand are still stable. altcoins and tokens is maybe dependent to etherium because eth is a unit for their value.
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:15:53 PM

NO altcoin depends of Bitcoin. The investors mood depends of Bitcoin and then is all the market movement. Bitcoin is the father of crypto and I believe that its  price will always be the most important.

costgranda

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:41:08 PM

I am wondering if there are coins that are independent to the Bitcoin price? Like, if Bitcoin's value increases, the altcoin will not increase at the same time Bitcoin does. Or maybe, I am wrong that the price of Bitcoin doesn't have any effect to the value of altcoins? Please enlighten me with this topic. If there's any coins that are independent, what are the benefits that you can get in investing to that altcoin that you can't get in investing in Bitcoin?
At the moment all cryptocurrencies are connected with BTC. It was possible to be convinced of it in recent months when BTC has fallen almost by 3 times from a mark of $20000. Almost all altcoins have fallen more than by 3 times. The only altcoin which isn't tied to BTC is Tether. USD analog in the cryptoworld.
cryptotnak

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:44:39 PM

As far as i know all of the altcoins are dependent to the bitcoin because these coins are being paired when it comes into trading which is why bitcoin is still dominant in the market,because bitcoin is the primary currency in the market.There will be none,not unless bitcoin's value has decreased expotentially,below these altcoins.

cryptamod

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:51:29 PM

None,because all of the altcoin are being traded to bitcoin which is why the value of all the altcoins in the market is based and being measured by satoshi,which is why bitcoin is going to be dominant for more years not unless its value will fail but that is not possible as more and more people knows about cryptocurrencies and the benefits of using it.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
mikolsoon

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

"SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY"

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 10:03:45 PM

The matter is that at this stage of development of cryptocurrencies, everything depends on a bitcoin, some time some coin and can go against a whim of bitcoin but not for a long time, finally the altcoin will follow the scenario of bitcoin.

EVERID   ██      Unlocking opportunity with identity     ██   EVERID
▬▬█  Telegram  Twitter  Medium Youtube █▬▬
│ Decentralized platform for a new economy │
dumplingsandsushi

Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 10:16:03 PM

The reason why altcoins are dependent on bitcoin's price is because you can not buy alts with fiat.

You have to buy your btc, then use the btc to buy the alt.
If you want to cash out, you have to change your alt to btc, than sell the btc for cash.
So that's why prices are dependent on btc.

But, there have been changes.  There are now quite a few alts that are entirely dependent on the price of ETH.
ETH has gotten more and more easier to change to fiat.
So a decentralized eth exchange will have all of the prices of the alt dependent on the value of eth.
And now, there are quite a number of ETH tokens that aren't doing well and can't penetrate the exchanges or market so they are stuck on no volume exchanges and IDEX or etherdelta, so they are entirely dependent on eth.

Because of these realities, that's why it is important to choose either btc or eth as the base of your portfolio.
That means, you make 40 to 60% of your coins be either btc or eth, and your trades should be aimed at overall increasing the amount of those coins you have.

Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:15:56 AM

I don't think there are any truly independent altcoins out there, part of these coins still depends on bitcoin's existence in a way or two. And a lot of alternative cryptocurrencies out there are still powered by bitcoin's blockchain technology so I don't think there are coins out there that are truly independent and free from bitcoin. So, that is my take on this topic.
Everglow

Activity: 287
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:23:58 AM

There are not. Because all of them have a trading pair with BTC, and then their price always depend of BTC's price. If you want find one, it just USDT  Roll Eyes
cryptokingdom

Activity: 236

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 07:37:42 AM

Almost all the coins the bye-product of it is bitcoin. If you want to cash out your alternative coin you most first exchange it to bitcoin or USDT because most cryptocurrency to fiat exchangers only exchange bitcoin to fiat directly, though some are accepting etheruem now.

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 07:51:47 AM

The only Altcoin independent to Bitcoin is Tether all because the price is pegged to one Dollar, there is no way Altcoins will be independent of BTC, because most of the trading on exchanges is against it, and even if you want to get in and out of Crypto you still need BTC because it is the gateway to fiat.

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
d@nte

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:06:23 AM

From the fundamentals, a lot of altcoins should have a price pattern that is independent from the Bitcoin's price, since a lot of them have different tech and consensus algorithm. However, from technical analysis, it's possible to see that most altcoins have a similar response to variations in the Bitcoin's price.
If you don't know the tech behind these alts, it's better to hold Bitcoin, since there is a high risk that you can get burned by dumping it.
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:16:27 AM

no altcoin is completely independent, all altcoin is bound by bitcoin. yes, this is why bitcoin greatly affects on all crypto. the market is always bound by bitcoin and its effect on altcoin. bad news will be an obstacle to the growth of all crypto.
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:33:19 AM

When it comes to price of cryptocurrencies Bitcoin is the primary determinant of the market price so I do not think there is any such coin.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:42:41 AM

That's impossible because Bitcoin is the mother of all crypto. If Bitcoin is not born then Crypto will not exist either.
And if there is an independent coin then we can invest at will. Playing longterm is better and we will not be afraid the coin we hold will drop drastically.
IamAltcoinfan

Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:45:36 AM

No coin i found till now which is not dependent on bitcoin price . But small pump and dump happens with most of the coins but everytime it rel y on bitcoin price when it really going to stable market price . Yes last bitcoin pump went to 20000$ most of the altcoins failed . But i dint see any scenario where bitcoin was falling any coins were increasing its price.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:55:13 AM

All coins are dependent to bitcoin. As you can see, these coins are exchangeable to bitcoin in almost all exchanges. There are some that depends on ETH but ETH itself depends also to BTC.
If you realy need an answer, I would say, fiat coins, kidding.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
Genovese

Activity: 284
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:57:07 AM

That is a good question and a mystery too. Even when altcoins seem independent from Bitcoin, because they rise while Bitcoins tanks, in fact they are STILL dependent from Bitcoin. I wonder when this link will be finally sewered.

Phlaser

Activity: 257
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 10:04:45 AM

I've asked myself same question over and over again until I took time to study the market trend. Bitcoin is the King and whatever moves the King makes, the kingdom (Altcoins) suffers positively or negatively. Let's reason together, what happened to altcoins when BTC tanked from 20k USD to 13k USD and finally to 6500USD, almost all altcoins suffered as well. Even ETH that was expected to hold firm also dropped in value. BTC controls the market. When it's stable then altcoins can grow organically.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: