Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:53:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any altcoins that are independent to Bitcoin?  (Read 446 times)
kjnfmplm (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 06:33:56 AM

I am wondering if there are coins that are independent to the Bitcoin price? Like, if Bitcoin's value increases, the altcoin will not increase at the same time Bitcoin does. Or maybe, I am wrong that the price of Bitcoin doesn't have any effect to the value of altcoins? Please enlighten me with this topic. If there's any coins that are independent, what are the benefits that you can get in investing to that altcoin that you can't get in investing in Bitcoin?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 06:05:41 AM

I have the same question too.
It seems that the price of Bitcoin and of the alts, are somehow connected each other, and they are moving up or down together.
Some months ago I thought that it is happening because of the bots, that run the same program and with the same parameters.
So if it is so, people with a lot of money can manipulate the market, moving the price at their wish.
True or not, I hope there is someone here who can answer this question.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:46:04 AM

The crypto market is unpredictable, there are times that most of the altcoins are dependent to bitcoin like the last pump that we've seen. As bitcoin surged for few minutes, majority of the altcoins are also pumping. But there are also times that when bitcoin is up, some alts are not following. It's hard to say on what are those coins that you are looking for which is independent to bitcoin. They are all changing, sometimes they are dependent, sometimes they are not.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
evdoksi

Activity: 100
Merit: 24

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/DPgHv6X

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:49:02 AM

Only ETH is independent of bitcoin to some extent. In last 3 months when bitcoin was in red, it still gave positive returns.
azizsatrasia68

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:04:05 AM

Not yet definitively identified about Altcoin being independent for bitcoin. When bitcoin falls, there are some altcoins that remain firmly priced even increasing, but is it certain to include an independent altcoin? Ethereum is very strong, sometimes seen bitcoin down but ethereum remains in position.
1993jochico

Merit: 46

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:15:01 AM

I dont think that there is an existing coin that is not dependent to the bitcoins price, we all know that bitcoin is the king of crypto because it is the first successful one those altcoins are like the son or grandson everytime bitcoin change its price wether it is going up or down it will always affect other coins.

kjnfmplm (OP)

Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 08:03:14 AM

The crypto market is unpredictable, there are times that most of the altcoins are dependent to bitcoin like the last pump that we've seen. As bitcoin surged for few minutes, majority of the altcoins are also pumping. But there are also times that when bitcoin is up, some alts are not following. It's hard to say on what are those coins that you are looking for which is independent to bitcoin. They are all changing, sometimes they are dependent, sometimes they are not.

So, this means that it is not settled if there is an altcoin that is definitely independent to bitcoin. So, I can conclude to your answer is that mostly, Bitcoin's value states the price of other coins? Then, how about Ethereum? Is it completely dependent of the price of Bitcoin?
maxim4eg123

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:07:41 AM

I am wondering if there are coins that are independent to the Bitcoin price? Like, if Bitcoin's value increases, the altcoin will not increase at the same time Bitcoin does. Or maybe, I am wrong that the price of Bitcoin doesn't have any effect to the value of altcoins? Please enlighten me with this topic. If there's any coins that are independent, what are the benefits that you can get in investing to that altcoin that you can't get in investing in Bitcoin?
I have not found any altcoin independent of bitcoin. I see all the things affected by bitcoin. The past few months when bitcoin goes down. the whole thing altcoin down. Even ETH is affected by bitcoin.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:14:22 AM

You are right that the price of Bitcoin can affect the price of altcoins. All altcoins are still dependent on Bitcoin's price because most altcoins in the market have no trading pair directly to usd or fiat, and even some altcoins have, only few exchanges lets you buy and sell altcoins using fiat directly. I think Ethereum is somewhat independent since there are numerous exchanges that have ETH/USD pair. What are the benefits? if a coin is independent to Bitcoin's price then the advantage is when Bitcoin price fall or crash, it will not get affected, meaning the price of other coins are dropping while the independent ones can possibly go up or no effect at all.
AdamSv

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:58:26 AM

I doubt that there are such, because part of the capitalization of altcoins is bitcoin, which respectively affects them.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:10:08 AM

There are no coins like that. All of the cryptos were pegged to the bitcoin, and it can't avoid. Only the stable coin just like tether and many others don't get a lot of impacts or dominated by the bitcoin.
Altcoin still pegged with the bitcoin and if altcoin still gets or use the bitcoin as the measurement to get the result on its price and then it will never be there.

BioBuff

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:16:36 AM

You are right that the price of Bitcoin can affect the price of altcoins. All altcoins are still dependent on Bitcoin's price because most altcoins in the market have no trading pair directly to usd or fiat, and even some altcoins have, only few exchanges lets you buy and sell altcoins using fiat directly. I think Ethereum is somewhat independent since there are numerous exchanges that have ETH/USD pair. What are the benefits? if a coin is independent to Bitcoin's price then the advantage is when Bitcoin price fall or crash, it will not get affected, meaning the price of other coins are dropping while the independent ones can possibly go up or no effect at all.

I think exchangeability plays a role but the the main reason cryptocurrencies tend to rise and fall together is because they are one asset class. The same thing happen with the stock market. If you compare indexes you will see variability between them but the trends are in in the same direction. 
dogolitic

Activity: 37
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:19:31 AM

I heard stable coins are independent of BTC. I am still not convinced they really are.
Proc.dev

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:23:20 AM

IMHO most of top 100 (I mean coinmarketcap.com) altcoins to some extent depends on the bitcoin price (especially ETH).
But there is a huge amount of shitoins and new alts. For a while they really "live" independently.

smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:24:17 AM

Altcoins are really dependent to bitcoin but I also think that altcoins have potential to surpass the value of bitcoin if more people are going to patronize altcoins more. It is not always true that altcoins are always dependent of the bitcoin price.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
-Maks-

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:44:11 AM

Their large many. I think that they depend only because the holders of other altcoins keep their capital in bitcoins in the future for enrichment.
guschinaa

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:53:46 AM

I think all coins are affected by news related to bitcoins and with decrease in prices of bitcoins, price of these coins also falls. However, with coins like monero that got demand in specific groups, you can see different behavior.
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:05:43 PM

I had been looking for the same answer when I wanted to make investment few months ago. As it turns out, there is hardly any coin which is not dependent on the price of Bitcoin (at least I couldn't find any such coin). Whenever the market falls, everything turns red, and vice versa. Although there was one such coin which didn't turn red even when everything else was falling - TRX. But that was mostly because it was being pumped during that phase.
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:20:32 PM

When I see the market I found out that when bitcoin price down some altcoins will also down because I think they rely on bitcoin and I never seen altcoins that is independent one to bitcoin.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:42:52 PM

All altcoins that appear in the market crypto always pair with USD, BTC, or ETH. It is also due to the altcoin user's demand that it is difficult for an altcoin to be unaffected by bitcoin price movements especially when viewed from popularis so bitcoin is much more popular than altcoin unless altcoin appears really out of btc pair and has a market own.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: