Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:38:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trader or Gamblers.  (Read 2352 times)
stellaekun

Activity: 234
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:20:40 PM

There are actually rules unless you decide to be a gambler as you implied and as you rightly said, you have to keep your emotions in check and stick to your plans, trade like a rational/logical being , not as an emotional being
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jayhawk1

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:30:48 AM

gambling is more profitable but trading is more certain and not sinful in my opinion
For profit we need to select trading because trading is a procedure which can lead us towards our destinations of getting profit at the end. On the other hand Gambling is just nothing but a way of enjoyment and entertainment and nothing more. If there is someone who believes that we can make more money in gambling then you are wrong and you have to think about your perception.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:05:59 AM

There are actually rules unless you decide to be a gambler as you implied and as you rightly said, you have to keep your emotions in check and stick to your plans, trade like a rational/logical being , not as an emotional being
I might choose trading from gambling. well, the possibility of trading has a high probability of getting an advantage over gambling. Well, I lost a lot of gambling, and maybe it traumatized me.
BlockGemini

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 09:27:47 AM

Anyone who Trades walks a fine line...

The distinction between trading and gambling is a difficult one because it can be a matter of perspective. Most who would be considered gamblers are very emotional and cant remove the emotion when executing a trade or trying to decide on whether they should sell, buy or HODL.

The lines between the two can be construed and the goals posts can be pushed further back.

The main thing for me to differentiate my strategy is being able to remove emotion from the equation and making my decision based on fundamental analysis of what it is I am about to do rather than thinking about what I want to happen.
kuah bakso

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:50:41 AM

it's better to trade because this is more fun and profitable for many people, gamblers will only make us poor, even if there is someone who gets rich because of gambler then that is only one of 10000 gambler participants, iam sure...
gpuri
Copper Member

Activity: 273
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:19:24 PM

In my opinion anyone taking more than 5% risk on the their positions is gambling. Always have stop losses to minimize risk. If you want to keep the stops far away for a volatile market then reduce the size of the position.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:24:58 AM

I do both trading and gambling, but of course I have my own limit on both activities especially gambling. Trading is absolutely better than gambling if we know how to trade, gambling is just a pure luck and it has higher risk to lose money. So my bankroll for trading is always greater than my bankroll for gambling. I use gambling to release stress of my daily activities, I usually gamble on the weekends only while I do trade more frequent.

Yeah I like both as well, but things can get very ugly if you get addicted to gambling so it is better to not gamble as much and always be very attentive of your habits so it does not get out of control, trading in the other hand is an activity in which there is not such a thing as spending too much time in it since every second that you miss could be the perfect point to buy or to sell and you do not want to miss that.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:53:18 AM

it's better to trade because this is more fun and profitable for many people, gamblers will only make us poor, even if there is someone who gets rich because of gambler then that is only one of 10000 gambler participants, iam sure...

Trading is only fun if you will be earning profit but if not then it will be really hard for your situation to lose some coins and that is the reason why some investors are panic selling their coins when the market prices are dropping.
TalkStar
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 02:55:29 AM

If a trader can't control the temptation of getting enormous profits in a short time than he /she must have lacking of enough knowledge. Trading is totally a mind game. Every traders want profits not loses. So its kinda competitive. who have enough knowledge, update information, decision making skill and mostly calm mind can easily make profits. You have to got it in mind that in trading one person's  money move to another person's pocket. so its nothing but a competition of unique skills implementation.

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

Chachen19

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:54:53 AM

Gambling is red and black in poker. We all know how to chess every step of the way. It gives us zero if we lose, but when we talk, we need to move and think. Each direction for us can be profitable
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]
  Print  

Jump to: