Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 02:27:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoinvalley.ca  (Read 502 times)
BradR (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:27:30 PM

Hi all, I joined to comment on this "scam alert" thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=332505.0
...but it appears I must post my experiences here in the "Newbies" thread.

On Nov.6 I placed an order with bitcoinvalley.ca.  I couldn't get BIPS to work, so I used their "customer service" link to ask for alternate payment instructions, and they very promptly replied with a bitcoin wallet (1L2Rw5HCjCe87gofuCdweaabgkDxaCWtcL) to send the payment, after which my order would be marked paid.  So I promptly sent that payment, and that's the last I've heard from them.  They have not acknowledged receipt of the payment, and they have not told me a shipping date.  My order is still marked "payment review" in their system.  I've sent them two emails, and two messages through their "customer service" web page, and have heard no reply at all. 

They're very good at taking your bitcoin....not so good at delivering anything.
chaser82

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:08:56 AM

I had filled an abuse ticket with their registrar and eventually ended up talking to their hosting company. They did their own investigation and promptly took the site down. Sorry to hear about your BTC but I'm in the same boat as you.
BradR (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:46:29 AM

Ah, so you're the reason the site is down now. Thanks for doing that! I wouldn't have thought to do that. Well, we're not alone -- I've seen several reports from others losing their bitcoin at that site.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:06:21 AM

This sucks

Thanks for sharing and sparing others the same pain

faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:24:17 PM

This sucks

Thanks for sharing and sparing others the same pain
its very nice peoples giving all good informations here for others to be aware of these scammers

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: