Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:44:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newb trying to jump into bitcoin mining  (Read 597 times)
ignas (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:03:36 PM

Hello guys, I've just created this account to be able to contact bobsag3 because I would like to buy his hosting services. By doing that I will get some more money and will be able to buy my own miner and start mining BTC independently.  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tiaguitah

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:07:07 PM

www.virtualminingcorp.com

Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:09:01 PM

Most Mining equipment offers or contracts will most likely be less profitable (or more loss) than buying Bitcoins directly, hope you know that.
The mining reward becomes lower for a fixed computing power the higher the difficulty is, to get an idea:
http://bitcoindifficulty.com/
ignas (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:09:54 PM

But this is for buying, not renting machines, isn't it?
tiaguitah

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:12:04 PM

But this is for buying, not renting machines, isn't it?

renting will make you loose money trust me. how do you think these companies  profit?

ignas (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:17:35 PM

Most Mining equipment offers or contracts will most likely be less profitable than buying Bitcoins directly, hope you know that.
The mining reward becomes lower the higher the difficulty is, to get an idea:
http://bitcoindifficulty.com/
I do understand that, but renting mining machines requires less money than buying them. That's why my plan is to rent at first but after some time buy my own.
renting will make you loose money trust me. how do you think these companies  profit?
I realize that it will get me less than mining myself but renting 1Th/s for $170/month is still better than buying 10Gh/s for $240.
Birdy

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:22:04 PM

snip

Let me clarify what I mean:
You buy 1 Btc today -> in one month you have 1 Btc
you rent 1 Btc worth of mining power for 1 month -> you will have less than 1 Btc in one month (most likely)

At least if the difficulty continues to do what it does best, rising a lot that is.
Why do you think those company lend out / sell their hashing power instead of mining themselves?
ignas (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:30:02 PM

Let me clarify what I mean:
You buy 1 Btc today -> in one month you have 1 Btc
you rent 1 Btc worth of mining power for 1 month -> you will have less than 1 Btc in one month (most likely)

At least if the difficulty continues to do what it does best, rising a lot that is.
Why do you think those company lend out / sell their hashing power instead of mining themselves?

So you're suggesting me to buy bitcoins instead  of renting or buying hardware, right?
uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 01:33:08 PM

hold
or buy ghs at cex.io

Birdy

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:37:59 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 01:53:25 PM by Birdy

So you're suggesting me to buy bitcoins instead  of renting or buying hardware, right?

I think that it is most likely the better decision.
(usual disclaimer: Take it as my opinion and not as an investment advice, look up my arguments yourself and form your own opinion, you should never trust just a stranger's claim on the internet)
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:51:22 PM

Hello guys, I've just created this account to be able to contact bobsag3 because I would like to buy his hosting services. By doing that I will get some more money and will be able to buy my own miner and start mining BTC independently.  Roll Eyes

Since your new, I will let you know 1 big tips.. learn more about difficulty before you buy any miners...
ignas (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:02:33 PM

So you're suggesting me to buy bitcoins instead  of renting or buying hardware, right?

I think that it is most likely the better decision.
(usual disclaimer: Take it as my opinion and not as an investment advice, look up my arguments yourself and form your own opinion, you should never trust just a stranger's claim on the internet)
Well I understand what you're trying to say, but also, as the difficulty rises, so does the price for a bitcoin. If you buy a BTC now, after a month it will be worth much more. When you mine you get less than a BTC , but the price of the amount you get is somewhat worth the same as a whole BTC is worth now.
Birdy

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:09:47 PM

Well I understand what you're trying to say, but also, as the difficulty rises, so does the price for a bitcoin. If you buy a BTC now, after a month it will be worth much more. When you mine you get less than a BTC , but the price of the amount you get is somewhat worth the same as a whole BTC is worth now.
But you made a bad deal then. You could have a full Bitcoin and end up with less.
E.g. You have bought 1 Bitcoin for $400. Bitcoin rises to $600 and you only got 0.8 Bitcoins with mining.
Yes, you earned $80. But you've also lost $120 to the mining company.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: