Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:19:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the differences between the different Services related boards?  (Read 431 times)
hyperiond (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:57:44 PM

I will eventually launch a service that I would like to make available to bitcointalk users.  What are the proper uses of the different Service related boards?

Under the Marketplace board, I see the following child boards:

Using Service Announcements would be logical for the initial "Hey guys, I just released this new super duper awesome-sauce service" post. 

Where would I put a thread for people to use to comment/complain/ask questions?

The description for the Services board seems to indicate it is used for people who are buying or selling services.  That sounds like a board for people who want to purchase an already existing business or sell the one they have.  That doesn't match the actual content of the board, though.  The actual content seems like a craigslist for people selling stuff that isn't stuff (e.g. signature space).

The description for the Service Announcements board seems to indicate that owners of services should use it sparingly for significant announcements only.  Thus, a continually updated discussion would not be appropriate there.

The description for the Service Discussion board seems to indicate that it is for other people to discuss services, not necessarily the service owner.  That seems consistent with the actual content.  It would appear that I, as a service owner, would need to monitor that board for questions/comments about my service but I wouldn't start a thread there.

With the above in mind, my current plan is to put a thread in Service Announcements when I launch and a thread in Services for general support.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 13021

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:37:13 PM

Post a single topic in Service Announcements. Services is for trades that take place entirely on this forum.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
hyperiond (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:48:28 PM

Post a single topic in Service Announcements. Services is for trades that take place entirely on this forum.
Excellent. Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: