Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:25:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be purchased with Venezuelan bolívar?  (Read 786 times)
3even (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:05:09 PM

A friend of mine, who is a native Venezuelan, is trying to protect her family's wealth before the country completely implodes. I hastily suggested purchasing Bitcoin as a solution however, after some research, I am not so certain this is feasible for large sums.

Other than the handful of sellers on localbitcoins, what other channels do Venezuelans have in terms of acquiring BTC? I assume, due to restrictions imposed by the government, that they cannot wire funds to any of the major exchanges.

What are her options?
lepirate

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

Garbochock

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:48:50 PM

As far as I know, there is no venezuelan bitcoin exchange.
Is it possible to wire transfer VEF out of the country at all? Or maybe exchange them for other currencies inside the country? If that is possible she could buy using foreign currency.
She could also mine them. But other than those options localbitcoins is probably the only alternative!
3even (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:37:35 PM

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, due to strict capital controls, it is not possible to wire funds out of the country.

As far as I know, there is no venezuelan bitcoin exchange.
Is it possible to wire transfer VEF out of the country at all? Or maybe exchange them for other currencies inside the country? If that is possible she could buy using foreign currency.
She could also mine them. But other than those options localbitcoins is probably the only alternative!
tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:57:46 AM

Purchase gold and/or diamonds, fly to the US, sell the jewelry, buy with Coinbase. That's the only way I can think of.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
3even (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:55:40 PM

Thank you for the reply and suggestion. I agree that this would work for smaller sums but seems impractical in her scenario.

Purchase gold and/or diamonds, fly to the US, sell the jewelry, buy with Coinbase. That's the only way I can think of.
blisscan

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 09:26:34 PM

I am interested on this as I also have a friend from Venezuela that might try bitcoin. What are the amounts are you talking about?

In the case of my friend they are in the order of thousands of dollars.

3even (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:52:00 PM

What are the amounts are you talking about?

xxx btc per day
JP Warschild

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:47:15 PM

Use money to buy large yacht, sail to Caribbean or USA, sell yacht for USD or BTC or whatever.
tacoman71

Activity: 320

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:22:29 PM

Thank you for the reply and suggestion. I agree that this would work for smaller sums but seems impractical in her scenario.

Impractical? A few grams of high quality diamonds can go for hundreds of thousands of dollars. About how much money are you wanting to exchange?

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
Pt0x

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:15:39 PM

A friend of mine, who is a native Venezuelan, is trying to protect her family's wealth before the country completely implodes. I hastily suggested purchasing Bitcoin as a solution however, after some research, I am not so certain this is feasible for large sums.

Other than the handful of sellers on localbitcoins, what other channels do Venezuelans have in terms of acquiring BTC? I assume, due to restrictions imposed by the government, that they cannot wire funds to any of the major exchanges.

What are her options?

Here it's a post of a miner that sometimes needs to sell BTC to cover his expenses in Venezuelan bolivares.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=358018.0

I'm a miner too, and dough its a bad business for me, sometimes I just need to sell BTC/USD to cover expenses for A/C, electricity, wires, etc.

You can tell you friend to PM  the guy above or me.

Cheers

BTC: 17sz6AoYVpwXjaStmnVCsGTufUhvrAMhTw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: