Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:33:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Direct] BTC Growth - Forex Volatility Focus  (Read 11180 times)
DrGregMulhauser (OP)

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:19:28 PM

I find the fact that you are engaging in a "war of words with MPOE-PR" horrible business practice and would expect better...

Hey, way to raise the calibre of conversation -- bravo, you've really distinguished yourself.  Roll Eyes

As I've said before, I prefer to focus on discussions of substance, and when someone is able to offer something of substance, I respect that -- whether I happen to agree with them or not. When someone insists on flapping themselves about in my face with some kind of personal attack or empty-headed condescension, I may respond to them briefly, but generally speaking I do not chase them around or belabour the point any longer than necessary to shake their sliminess off me.

So, did you have something worthwhile or substantive to contribute to the actual topic of this thread, or are you in the same category as MPOE-PR?

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:57:05 PM

I find the fact that you are engaging in a "war of words with MPOE-PR" horrible business practice and would expect better...

Hey, way to raise the calibre of conversation -- bravo, you've really distinguished yourself.  Roll Eyes

As I've said before, I prefer to focus on discussions of substance, and when someone is able to offer something of substance, I respect that -- whether I happen to agree with them or not. When someone insists on flapping themselves about in my face with some kind of personal attack or empty-headed condescension, I may respond to them briefly, but generally speaking I do not chase them around or belabour the point any longer than necessary to shake their sliminess off me.

So, did you have something worthwhile or substantive to contribute to the actual topic of this thread, or are you in the same category as MPOE-PR?

I learned how to deal with her/him in 2012, the substance of this discussion is your behavior as a business owner offering a security. If a you can not control your responses how can you control people funds?

DrGregMulhauser (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:05:04 PM

I learned how to deal with her/him in 2012, the substance of this discussion...

So the answer is no, then -- you don't have anything substantive to contribute to the topic of the thread?

Have you come over here to pollute this thread just because you're upset on behalf of your CryptoREI buddies? I can think of no other reason why a complete stranger, with no history of involvement in any of my funds and who has demonstrated no knowledge of me whatsoever -- and who has a long and scamworthy history to brag about (for those who don't know: here, or here or here) -- would bother coming here to hurl personal insults at me rather than trying to do something productive with their life.

If so, please do invite yourself over to their thread and share your deep and meaningfuls there instead.

BTC Growth
BitcoinINV

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:14:21 PM

Your just proving my point about not being able to control yourself. Bet you respond with some great paragraph again lol

DrGregMulhauser (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:14:56 PM

Your just proving my point about not being able to control yourself. Bet you respond with some great paragraph again lol

Yawn.

BTC Growth
BitcoinINV

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:29:58 PM

Ok lets have a real discussion

Are you a registered hedge fund?

Have you complied?
The applicant's lawyers will work with its auditors to complete the financial resources questionnaire. The financial resources requirement will depend on the proposed business of the applicant and whether it falls within the Investment Services Directive ("ISD") of the European Community. Discretionary hedge fund managers will usually fall under the ISD and if they do not propose to hold client money or assets or trade for their own account will usually have a financial resources requirement of Euro 50,000 and a liquid capital requirement based on 13 weeks' expenditure. Additional sums may be required to reflect particular risks.

Are you abiding by the Compliance, reporting, records and complaints rules?

DrGregMulhauser (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:40:01 PM

Ok lets have a real discussion...

Are you abiding by the Compliance, reporting, records and complaints rules?

Read the website. If you don't understand something, get in touch directly. If you are not an accredited investor, it won't be worth your time.

Today I have observed much more than enough of both your current and historical treatment of other human beings on this forum. So, don't expect me to engage any further with you here on the forum merely because you've decided temporarily to try and have a "real discussion". Welcome to my "Ignore" list.

BTC Growth
BitcoinINV

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:41:01 PM

Nice duck and weave, post it on the forum so everyone can see just like you told the other dude what you hidding?

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:53:46 PM

Read the website. If you don't understand something, get in touch directly. If you are not an accredited investor, it won't be worth your time.

Derp. Here's the actual story:

00:51 <mircea_popescu>   well, so did anyone actually bother to track this BTC-GROWTH marvel ?
01:33 <mircea_popescu>   a actually btct, should be in the logs
02:18 <mircea_popescu>   Apr 13 11:00:40 <`MBot>   [ GLBSE ] [ TRADE ] [ TYGRR-BOT ] [ 2 x 0.99999 = 1.999980 BTC ]
02:18 <mircea_popescu>   Apr 13 11:01:55 <`MBot>   [ GLBSE ] [ TRADE ] [ TYGRR-BOT ] [ 98 x 1.0 = 98.000000 BTC ]
02:21 <mircea_popescu>   dude, old logs!
02:27 <mircea_popescu>   (that's apr 13 2012, ftr)
02:28 <peterl>   I think it was all privately done, so there is no way to actually track what he says
02:37 <mircea_popescu>   peterl he claims he got 2k btc on btct
03:41 <mircea_popescu>   so what was the ticker, anyoe know that ?
03:45 <dexX7>   http://coinflow.co/chart/BTC-GROWTH
03:46 <ozbot>   BTC-GROWTH on Coinflow
04:26 <dexX7>   i think he indeed sold quite a few shares
04:36 <dexX7>   several hundred btc worth
05:40 <mircea_popescu>   aha
05:43 <dexX7>   ;;calc 1294*0.1
05:44 <gribble>   129.4
05:46 <dexX7>   well
05:47 <dexX7>   ^
07:06 <mircea_popescu>   http://dpaste.com/1707934/
07:09 <mircea_popescu>   that's the first hour.
07:39 <mircea_popescu>   there's no 2k there, more like 2-300 btc
08:03 <benkay>   the rest was privately placed!
08:03 <benkay>   gosh.
08:46 <peterl>   "privately placed" does that mean "I just made up whatever numbers I want"?
09:17 <benkay>   that is an implication
09:19 <Namworld>   I'm about 175 BTC in debt and I'm richer than him still.
09:34 <mircea_popescu>   the zinger being, of course, "Aug 15 15:49:39 <parseval>   This guy is charging 2% of assets annually plus 20% of profits for management fees"
09:39 <mircea_popescu>   that's some fund o.O
09:56 <Namworld>   Big fees.
11:02 <dexX7>   well, such a fee level is at least motivating the issuer to perform well
11:18 <mircea_popescu>   lolk
11:53 <mircea_popescu>   normally i'd say "i wish to meet that elated 1% of bitcoin financiers which actually make 2% a year", but i think i already have.
13:00 <mircea_popescu>   anyway, parity didn't hold up long :

Aug 15 18:44:58 <assbot>   [BTCTC] [BTC-GROWTH] 2 @ 0.09801 = 0.196 BTC [-]
Aug 15 18:44:59 <assbot>   [BTCTC] [BTC-GROWTH] 96 @ 0.098 = 9.408 BTC [-]
Sep 21 01:55:33 <assbot>   [BTCTC] [FN] [BTC-GROWTH] 2 @ 0.09612 = 0.1922 BTC [-]
Sep 21 03:21:59 <assbot>   [BTCTC] [FN] [BTC-GROWTH] 50 @ 0.09594299 = 4.7971 BTC [-]  {5}
Oct 06 15:25:37 <assbot>   [BTCTC] [FN] [BTC-GROWTH] 10 @ 0.08 = 0.8 BTC [-]
Oct 08 18:07:10 <assbot>   [BTCTC] [FN] [BTC-GROWTH] 7 @ 0.083 = 0.581 BTC
Oct 08 18:08:11 <assbot>   [BTCTC] [FN] [BTC-GROWTH] 14 @ 0.083 = 1.162 BTC
14:35 <mircea_popescu>   and with that the story ends.
14:51 <mircea_popescu>   -17% on assets, -22% on fees, half your money back in half a year.
16:08 <dexX7>   labcoin was a more exciting way to lose money

You're just a scammer, if more pretentious than most. Not the sort that does it deliberately, but the sort that does it through sheer incompetence and metacognitive failure. Still, the net effect on your unfortunate "investors" is just about the same.

Back in the day usagi was the main provider of involuntary lols for the general Bitcoin public, and the prevailing view was that "so what if idiots lose a few Bitcoin, someone has to pay for our entertainment". With the entrance of more advanced psychotic cases such as Uppity Tortilla, who generally entertain for free or even pay for the privilege of amusing us, the bar has risen significantly. There's no niche left for you in Bitcoin really, you're neither funny nor rich enough to do anything for us anymore.

May I recommend joining some of the alts? For instance I hear wonderful things about Max Keiser's scamcoin, and you two definitely have the same sorts of mental issues so perhaps you could work together in that space.

Good luck!

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DrGregMulhauser (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:01:19 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 12:42:33 PM by DrGregMulhauser

Derp. Here's the actual story...

02:28 <peterl>   I think it was all privately done, so there is no way to actually track what he says...
07:39 <mircea_popescu>   there's no 2k there, more like 2-300 btc...
08:03 <benkay>   the rest was privately placed...
14:51 <mircea_popescu>   -17% on assets, -22% on fees, half your money back in half a year...

Sigh.  Roll Eyes

The reality here is all a matter of public record for anybody who bothers to read, but by the looks of this drivel it appears that Mircea Popescu either can't be bothered to read or has so convinced himself of his own godliness that he thinks he can just make stuff up and the band of sycophantic pseudonyms will eat it up with stars in their eyes.

If you had bothered to read the original post in this thread, there's a nice summary there. The original BTC Growth fund raised 2000 BTC in around 30 hours when it launched on BTC-TC. You and MP make complete fools of yourselves by claiming otherwise.

And as for the subsequent performance of that fund, if you had bothered to check, you would have found that in fact, it dropped by a total of 11.6% from inception to final return of capital -- thereby outperforming every other comparable fund available, while the broader market tanked. Not only did it outperform all other comparable funds available at the time, but over the same period it also outperformed nearly all individual Bitcoin-denominated equities, and it outperformed them by a wide margin.

(In case you hand't noticed, the forex fund, which this thread is about -- you know, the actual fund which is supposed to be the topic of conversation for this thread, rather than the thread being merely a destination for empty-headed trolls to make themselves look silly -- is a completely different fund.)

You can add this to the previously mentioned list of occasions on which you have insisted on making a spectacle of yourself by starting an argument with me without even attempting to prepare yourself with an adequate grasp of the facts, and I therefore have wasted my time handing you your a** on a platter.

You and the other misguided troll have wasted quite enough of my time during the last 24 hours, so I'm sure you'll understand that I have no interest in wasting any more guiding you in the direction of material you could easily have found for yourself with just a click or two.

BTC Growth
MPOE-PR

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:23:56 PM

Sigh.  Roll Eyes

The reality here is all a matter of public record for anybody who bothers to read, but by the looks of this drivel it appears that Mircea Popescu either can't be bothered to read or has so convinced himself of his own godliness that he thinks he can just make stuff up and the band of sycophantic pseudonyms will eat it up with stars in their eyes.

If you had bothered to read the original post in this thread, there's a nice summary there. The original BTC Growth fund raised 2000 BTC in around 30 hours when it launched on BTC-TC. You and MP make complete fools of yourselves by claiming otherwise.

And as for the subsequent performance of that fund, if you had bothered to check, you would have found that in fact, it dropped by a total of 11.6% from inception to final return of capital -- thereby outperforming every other comparable fund available, while the broader market tanked. Not only did it outperform all other comparable funds available at the time, but over the same period it also outperformed nearly all individual Bitcoin-denominated equities, and it outperformed them by a wide margin.

(In case you hand't noticed, the forex fund, which this thread is about -- you know, the actual fund which is supposed to be the topic of conversation for this thread, rather than the thread being merely a destination for empty-headed trolls to make themselves look silly -- is a completely different fund.)

You can add this to the previously mentioned list of occasions on which you have insisted on making a spectacle of yourself by starting an argument with me without even attempting to prepare yourself with an adequate grasp of the facts, and I therefore have wasted my time handing you your a** on a platter.

You and the other misguided troll have wasted quite enough of my time during the last 24 hours, so I'm sure you'll understand that I have no interest in wasting any more guiding you in the direction of material you could easily have found for yourself with just a click or two.

So why is the bot that streamed quotes all through the interval not agreeing with your retelling?

And please stop sounding like usagi.

PS. S.MPOE was trading low 80s in November and is trading high 80s now, that's be about as much as you lost, except it gained it rather than losing it (and this, not counting the dividends).

So...you did better than most of the scams out there, perhaps. While it's understandable why you'd be keeping your eyes on your own kin, it'd also be understandable if you stopped talking of Bitcoin finance.

You have no relation to it.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DrGregMulhauser (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:02:08 PM

You're doing a splendid job of wasting time again.

So why is the bot that streamed quotes all through the interval not agreeing with your retelling?

Perhaps you have difficulty reading basic data and/or do not know the meaning of the phrase "return of capital", since anybody who grasps what it means would also recognise the irrelevance of the bot to that phase of the winding down of a fund.

Acquiring a basic level of competence before coming to this thread to pollute it would have helped you to understand that an initial value of 0.1 BTC and a final return of capital of 0.08838512 BTC represents a decrease of approximately 11.6%.

BTC Growth
MPOE-PR

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:19:27 PM

Acquiring a basic level of competence before coming to this thread to pollute it would have helped you to understand that an initial value of 0.1 BTC and a final return of capital of 0.08838512 BTC represents a decrease of approximately 11.6%.

So how much was your fee, to compensate you for having lost 11.6% of your fools' BTC over seven weeks?

DrGregMulhauser (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:28:13 AM

So how much was your fee, to compensate you for having lost 11.6% of your fools' BTC over seven weeks?

RTFM.  Roll Eyes

BTC Growth
DrGregMulhauser (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:35:15 PM

Just a quick follow-up for anyone who might be interested...

Back before this thread was polluted by MPOE-PR trying to find her bearings, I mentioned my "Selling the Froth" article which explained a simple hedging strategy for generating Bitcoin-denominated returns without needing to take a directional view on Bitcoin versus fiat. Today I published a one-month followup to that article, noting that the strategy has returned 14% during the last month.

BTC Growth
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:59:16 PM

Are these funds still available for purchase or are they all closed?

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
DrGregMulhauser (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:06:42 PM

Are these funds still available for purchase or are they all closed?

The main private offerings mentioned on the BTC Growth website are all closed for the time being. (See my comments toward the end of the first "froth" article for some notes on why.)

I'm not averse to working individually with folks who might want to get in touch directly, but this isn't a major focus at the moment.

BTC Growth
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: