Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:00:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW! Bitcoin Smartphone Coming Soon  (Read 1370 times)
panfils

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:08:02 AM

It will not be very successful as there are already safer options to store bitcoins. If a company like iPhone is involved, then this is something different.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Donotfoolme

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:45:35 AM

really ? i gues its a high quality this is good for market .
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:50:12 AM

It will not be very successful as there are already safer options to store bitcoins. If a company like iPhone is involved, then this is something different.

iPhone is not a company, it is a product. Apple designs and manufactures iPhones and it doesn't seem like they are interested in making their devices more appealing to cryptocurrency enthusiasts. Of course there are many other secure ways to store bitcoins but people prefer to choose the most convenient ones which is not good.

elsie34

Activity: 150

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:56:51 AM

I also have Bitcoin in my smartphone wallet
then what is the purpose of Bitcoin Smartphone?
is it more useful than Ethereum? or what problem will you solve on your project about Bitcoin SmartPhone?

bitcoin wallet on a smartphone is totally different from a bitcoin smart phone because bitcoin smartphone are a new kind of phone model that runs on a crypto os or bitcoin os ( that is also a new operating system that maybe realesed on the future )

If that is poasible to happen , i think that can be a good hit  because millenials will surely try this kind of phones .

these phones are also optimized for crypto usage which means they has a higher security in terms of storing your coins .
Markettoken

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:15:32 AM

I really agree if there is a smartphone like that of course very helpful for newcomers like me
AntonDalrymple

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:21:56 AM

I think it will bring some thing new for us and also make us comfortable.
Pr3ko

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:37:19 AM

Well technology never ceases to amazes us. This is going to be great and would also further facilitate transactions that are done with bitcoin. I can't wait to see this smartphone get manufactured so that we can start using it.
olyolali

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:52:12 AM

this can be said to be very remarkable if bitcoin smartphones come out because this will greatly simplify bitcoin investors and they will find it easy to access their bitcoin
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:58:07 AM

I'm sure this is a great development for bitcoin and cryptocurrency, everyone will know cryptocurrency easily. As we all know, everyone will have a smartphone at this time, they will need a smartphone for their daily life. We'll wait for the smartphone, and everyone is ready to get to know cryptocurrency.
Fourgh

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:10:26 PM

Nice idea, but I don't really catch the point...
I do have an android phone now, and I can use Mycelium on it, which is a bitcoin wallet. It can be used as a hot wallet (storing a small amount of bitcoin in that wallet) and as a cold wallet as well, because I can attach a Trezor or a Ledger Nano S to the android phone and Mycelium can handle both hardware (cold) wallets.
So it's already possible to do all these things which is written in the article. My only idea is that they don't really want to use bitcoin as the currency on the blockchain, but they want to set up their own currency and 'force' people to use it instead of bitcoin, which is a really smart move from them.
I'm interested in the outcome of this...

I agree with you mate. I think online wallets are okay, what if your phones stolen or damaged? How are they going to back that up when your wallet is the phone itself? If they have a backup that means they have to create another storage for that? I think it is not necessary to use your mobile phone as an alternative wallet.

triplef

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:48:14 PM

I wouldn’t buy it. I have my phone with everything I need and I don’t want one more phone to take with me.  And I am skeptic whether it can be so good as Samsung or Iphone. From one hand It sounds nice, but once more, I wouldn’t buy it even if it will be cheap.

ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:20:20 PM

To make technology great again, we need to bring back the simplicity of it that we lost with smartphones. So I'd rather buy wireless hardware credit-card sized Bitcoin wallet that works almost everywhere instead of this phone.

They forgot to make Bitcoin wallet to new Nokia 3310. But this hardware wallet will be much better.
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:32:31 PM

I agree when it is launched let alone use an application that is easy to use and also simple, certainly people will be more using the smartphone because it is more practical.
FreddyFox

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:37:48 PM

I'm not sure this is safe. It is better to keep money in a cold wallet  than in a smartphone. And if there is a need, you can pay off the application.
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:39:19 PM

The start-up Sirin and the electronics giant Foxconn are planning a smartphone with a built-in digital wallet. This should be much easier - but the mobile phone will not be cheap.

Virtual money like Bitcoin and the smartphone - this is not a real love, on the contrary. Recently, there have been increasing warnings that cybercriminals are not only attacking PCs to illegally dig cryptocurrencies, but also mobile phones. Now a start-up and a large contract manufacturer want to make it clear to the consumer that the combination of Bitcoin and smartphone can also have their good and safe sides.

The Swiss-Israel company Sirin Labs and the Taiwanese electronics giant Foxconn, which among other things manufactures iPhones for Apple, are planning the first smartphone with blockchain technology. So with the technology that forms the basis of all virtual currencies. Thus, the crypto will finally mass market suitable, says Sirin founder and co-CEO Moshe Hogeg. The device, jointly developed by Sirin and Foxconn called Finney is said to facilitate transactions with digital money and provide protection against hacker attacks.

Use physical switches to access the wallet
The two companies are counting on the fact that there are currently millions of Bitcoin owners, but only a few use Bitcoin for day-to-day business. The complicated technology makes this unattractive. To prevent theft, Bitcoin payers must keep their assets on special memory sticks until needed. Then remember to remember complicated usernames and passwords that can be many characters long. An uncomfortable thing that gets in the way of a really big spread. "No chance my mother will find out how to use Bitcoin. And my mother is smart, "says Sirin boss Hogeg.

MORE ON THE SUBJECT
With a smartphone that basically everyone can carry in their pocket, everything should be much easier. With the Blockchain mobile phone, for example, users should be able to shop on crypto-friendly websites. This promises a high level of security. Finney devices - under this brand, smartphones and PCs are planned - are the first to rely on the applicable as uncrackable Blockchain Technik. They run under the widespread mobile operating system Android, in conjunction with special cybersecurity technologies. With the help of its own physical switch, the owners should be able to cut off online access to the built-in digital purse ("wallet") and thus hinder hacker attacks. This so-called "cold wallet" is considered safer than a "hot wallet" that can be accessed anytime via the internet.

Competitors are also involved
Sirin has already raised hundreds of millions of dollars in project development from investors:  158 million USD in December, and another 70 million USD recently. The Bitcoin smartphone is expected to hit the market in October 2018. First, it wants to market it through its own stores, later on via telecommunications companies. The device is not cheap. Initially,  999 USD are targeted; Later, license agreements with other cell phone producers should push this price down to 200 USD. Among other things, Sirin is in talks with Huawei.

Meanwhile, others have discovered the charm of a blockchain phone - competitors like Zippie and Bitvault. Nevertheless, analysts rate the prospects of success quite ambiguous. On the one hand, the use of Bitcoin is still very limited, on the other hand, there is a danger of constantly carrying its virtual money with it. Criminals could kidnap Finney owners and forcibly gain access to the virtual wallets, so the fear.

Author: Marko Vidrih

It is a good idea if you ask me. But, I doubt that this smartphone will become famous since not all people believes in cryptocurrency. Nonetheless, if they can really merge the blockchain technogy into a phone, it means that we are really arriving the future.
Red Fish

Activity: 435
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:39:27 PM

People like to buy smartphone with brandname. If they will buy something another, it must be very cool something, therefore I do not think, than new company can come in the mobile smartphone market now. It costs a lot, they need expensive advertising, dealers in each country etc.
knggtrrz

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:49:08 PM

iPhone is not a company, it is a product. Apple designs and manufactures iPhones and it doesn't seem like they are interested in making their devices more appealing to cryptocurrency enthusiasts. Of course there are many other secure ways to store bitcoins but people prefer to choose the most convenient ones which is not good.

Wether apple will participate or not the most important thing is the new innovations that will involve bitcoin, for now I think no popular companies are expressing interests for bitcoin, hope soon there will be more interested companies.
DemiGodKaido

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:57:16 PM

If its true well it will be very helpfull to us to use this phone and it will be very useful. The user of this phone would not find hard in these phone especially to the bitcoin user. In my opinion it is a good idea but I don’t think that it will famous just like other phones
luckybit1

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:16:50 PM

Amazing!! its going to become famous as more and more people would like to use the smartphone.  technology never ceases to amazes me.i am waiting for it coming .goodluck to bitcoin smartphone.
Patricia Joness

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:42:29 PM

According to PCMag's May 15 report, the consumer electronics giant HTC has unveiled its first ""blockchain phone"", the HTC Exodus, with support for multiple blockchains, including Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH).
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: