Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:30:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth it to get back in?  (Read 5606 times)
bitcoindirect (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 05:17:51 PM

Hey everyone,

So I was running 2 HIS H785F2G2M Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card a around 6 months ago.  I had to stop running them a few months ago when I moved, considering the house I moved to was not able to keep my room cold enough in this Texas heat. 

I see the eruptor blades, the new bitfurys and that the usbs that are doing 333mhs went down in price.  Are there miners that aren't back ordered that are within a grand that are worth having.  Or what would you guys do for a setup if I was trying to get back into mining while the iron is hot, but for the least amount. 

So if I had 250-500 to spend, or 500-1000 to spend, what would you guys suggest and what do you think on ROI?  After ROI I'm fine cause I would love to help the cause still.  Thanks!

www.bitcoindirect.net
Custom Etched Glasses & Mirrors

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SlyFoxy12

Activity: 111

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:49:09 PM

Hey everyone,

So I was running 2 HIS H785F2G2M Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card a around 6 months ago.  I had to stop running them a few months ago when I moved, considering the house I moved to was not able to keep my room cold enough in this Texas heat. 

I see the eruptor blades, the new bitfurys and that the usbs that are doing 333mhs went down in price.  Are there miners that aren't back ordered that are within a grand that are worth having.  Or what would you guys do for a setup if I was trying to get back into mining while the iron is hot, but for the least amount. 

So if I had 250-500 to spend, or 500-1000 to spend, what would you guys suggest and what do you think on ROI?  After ROI I'm fine cause I would love to help the cause still.  Thanks!

www.bitcoindirect.net

Honestly, it's probably got to be $2000+ dollars in mind to make it worth while or at least that was the cost of a Mercury KNC miner + tax and shipping (I'm based in the UK) at the time of it showing up it didn't even look like I would get the holy ROI but ultimately with these price increases it's now a dead cert that I will as long as we don't see a major plunge. Eruptors blades/usb aren't worth it, pricey, underpowered and not energy efficient enough for the difficult increase rate, your best bet is to look into the next generations of devices coming and hedge your bets, I thankfully never went in for the likes of BFL or Avalon which have disappointed many. If you want to help the network then go and get some USB miners but I'd be surprised if you got ROI particularly quickly if at all.

You can always checkout http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ though
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:38:30 PM

got 3X Hex16a boards going cheap.

Run at up to 8gh/s each (24gh/s in total)

Looking for 1.35 bitcoin
MilesJohan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:52:59 AM

Hey everyone,

www.bitcoindirect.net

Well, if you really wanna spend your money, try look for the cheapest $ per GH/s... I believe about 2-5$?

MileyJohanson
Johanna

Activity: 255

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:56:16 AM

Hey everyone,

www.bitcoindirect.net

Not worth it at all..

Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:34:46 AM

blackarrow is pretty cheap, about 3usd pr ghs and said to run at .5w pr ghs.
cheapest ive found so far, but they are not shipping til febuary

cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:19:18 PM

Feb is wayyyyy to far off, its one thing to order 6-8 weeks ahead but 3+ months who knows what BTC price/difficulty will be... major crapshoot

Just buy BTC, if i had spent all my $ on BTC back in February rather than buy miners... Id have 20x as much in USD.
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:47:15 PM

blackarrow is pretty cheap, about 3usd pr ghs and said to run at .5w pr ghs.
cheapest ive found so far, but they are not shipping til febuary

Yup, I believe this is the best deal right now for feb shipment...
AvalonMiner

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:15:14 PM

I would recommend cloud mining through cex.io. You can buy and sell more gh of mining speed whenever you want and they have maintain the hardware. All you have to do is pay and then get btc, nmc, ixc and dvc into your account every block. To start just click on my signature below Smiley
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:30:42 PM

I would recommend cloud mining through cex.io. You can buy and sell more gh of mining speed whenever you want and they have maintain the hardware. All you have to do is pay and then get btc, nmc, ixc and dvc into your account every block. To start just click on my signature below Smiley

caution with this since you can easily lose money as well. Their value currently is way overpriced and the recent dips can hurt badly (hurt me). When they reach 0.05-0.06 maybe reconsider. Its more of playing a different type of exchange with cex.io. Letting it mine nonstop for a month or so will not give a ROI you must play the dips to be profitable
botolo86

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:52:45 AM

caution with this since you can easily lose money as well. Their value currently is way overpriced and the recent dips can hurt badly (hurt me). When they reach 0.05-0.06 maybe reconsider. Its more of playing a different type of exchange with cex.io. Letting it mine nonstop for a month or so will not give a ROI you must play the dips to be profitable

Agree. I paid the same price today, when I had to sell my GHs because of the huge dip. The beauty of mining is having something working for you. With CEX you have to pay attention to the current price of GHs all the time and it becomes very similar to trading...if I wanted to trade, I would just buy and sell BTC.
bitcoindirect (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 09:03:18 AM

That's why I'm asking, because I know in the beginning of these miners there were alot of fake companies or unreliable asking for preorder money.  Now that they shipped, they're a metric ton of suppliers.  Who is currently selling mining equipment that has stuff in stock.  I know the 2THs machines I saw (i forget what company) wound up saying not shipping til february, but that seems like a hell of a lot of network difficulty increases between now and then.

What places would you suggest looking?  I saw one that's doing close to 20ghs for $700 or so but the company didn't seem legit and all it was, was a circuit board with bit fury chips or something and wah lah 20ghs lol.  Give me some listings you guys know of please.

www.bitcoindirect.net

Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:43:46 AM

That's why I'm asking, because I know in the beginning of these miners there were alot of fake companies or unreliable asking for preorder money.  Now that they shipped, they're a metric ton of suppliers.  Who is currently selling mining equipment that has stuff in stock.  I know the 2THs machines I saw (i forget what company) wound up saying not shipping til february, but that seems like a hell of a lot of network difficulty increases between now and then.

What places would you suggest looking?  I saw one that's doing close to 20ghs for $700 or so but the company didn't seem legit and all it was, was a circuit board with bit fury chips or something and wah lah 20ghs lol.  Give me some listings you guys know of please.

www.bitcoindirect.net

with the pricerange you are looking for, there aren't many options im afraid,
think most are selling for 3k, 5k etc.

ether blackarrow or cloudmining, at least blackarrow will give you more ghs if they lower the price  after you order.

chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:02:05 AM

Hey everyone,

www.bitcoindirect.net

Yes but get the 2 TH/s machine from cointerra instead...
Undefeatable

Activity: 286

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:33:00 PM

Hey everyone,

www.bitcoindirect.net

Yes but get the 2 TH/s machine from cointerra instead...

I heard cointerra delay their shipment too... so it might not be a good deal?

GodfatherBond

Activity: 264

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:21:30 AM

I suggest take a look at:

https://bitmine.ch/?post_type=product

and

http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 11:36:42 AM

Hey everyone,

www.bitcoindirect.net

Yes, but this time you should do CPU mining... look up on PTS...
bitcoindirect (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 05:58:18 AM

So no one has anything currently in stock that is being sold?  Everything is pre order again just like BFL, avalon, etc but with more hashing power?  Thanks for the replies!

www.bitcoindirect.net

hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:18:39 AM

So no one has anything currently in stock that is being sold?  Everything is pre order again just like BFL, avalon, etc but with more hashing power?  Thanks for the replies!

www.bitcoindirect.net

Anything that is in stock is ebay or bitmit, which is already overpriced by now...

bitcoindirect (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 06:08:14 AM

Agreed, wish I got a few of those bitfury's when they were just a $130.  And Bitmit is going offline right?  Does anyone know why?

www.bitcoindirec.net

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: