Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:36:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I fear a collapse  (Read 5507 times)
Steveia (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:44:03 PM

I suspect the following will happen soon.

I suspect the price of Bitcoin is rising because of speculators. I suspect speculators are driving the price very high, very fast, making it much more difficult for the traditional Bitcoin user to purchase.

Once the price reaches a certain amount, these speculators, who don't care at all about cryptocurrency, will sell their coins. These coins will flood the market. People will panic, fearing a collapse. Everyone sells, except die hard bitcoiners. The price plummets to under a $100.00. These speculators, who just made a lot of money, will rebuy the coins for cheap.

And the cycle repeats itself over and over and over again.

This is the inherent flaw in bitcoin.

Who here agrees or disagrees and why?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:46:08 PM

wow, such insight! This has never been covered before... especially not in the speculation subforum  Grin
dominicwin

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:47:56 PM

hahaha yes wrong forum.

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
neilol

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:50:28 PM

Not an inherent flaw in Bitcoin, but an inherent flaw in small markets. Easy to manipulate. Once (if) Bitcoin reaches a higher market cap, say $100billion, it will be much harder for one or a small group of actors to effect the price.

wxg10

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:51:56 PM

Well, everything has been said already, but not yet by everybody. Grin
oser41eric

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:53:10 PM

I suspect the price of Bitcoin is rising because of speculators. I suspect speculators are driving the price very high, very fast, making it much more difficult for the traditional Bitcoin user to purchase.

Once the price reaches a certain amount, these speculators, who don't care at all about cryptocurrency, will sell their coins. These coins will flood the market. People will panic, fearing a collapse. Everyone sells, except die hard bitcoiners. The price plummets to under a $100.00. These speculators, who just made a lot of money, will rebuy the coins for cheap.

Your right, without fear, these whales would not profit from their selloffs
indianplayers

Activity: 113

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:01:52 PM

If you can't beat them.... join them!
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 07:03:21 PM

i Hope you are right....i buy more of them then Cheesy
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:13:53 PM

This cycle is repeating itself in an overlapping way more and more frequently, this will become less apparent as more people get into Bitcoin and it very very slowly stabilizes.

Remember, not everybody wants to sell at the same time because not everybody is thinking the same thing neither does everybody have the same objectives that come into alignment at the same time.

There will always be people wanting to cash in and there will always be people wanting to pick up cheap(er) coins. All at different times. This will slow down the volatility.
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:05:46 PM

Hello Steveia.

Welcome to the speculation sub forum.

If you can't beat them.... join them!

Smiley
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:28:49 PM

It is called "Shaking of weak hands ." :-) or "Cheap coins".
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:45:42 PM

Looking at mtgoxlive you can see that a Marketorder of 15000 BTC will lower the price approx $100.
Since accounts up to 150000 BTC exist yes a panic could still be achieved. But bitcoin would still rebound.
I believe that bitcoin is getting stronger by the day and don't fear collapse.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:49:27 PM

Steveia, you've violated the first rule of the speculators sub-forum. Thou shall not ever question the strength of the bitcoin market. Bitcoin is going to $40,000 a coin because the Winklevoss twins told us so.

Bitcoin is new and... this time it's different.  Wink

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
lucaspm98

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:55:02 PM

Sure it may temporarily fall, but as more people discover Bitcoin it will recover and get even higher.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:57:36 PM

collapse in price =/= collapse of Bitcoin.

If you feel the price is excessively high ... don't buy or sell off a portion (sell into rally)
If you feel the price is excessively low ... don't sell or buy to increase your stake (buy on the dips).
Bullion333

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:00:22 PM

Exactly, btc is a massively growing market of buyers. More buyers = high price. Although these people are new to the market and so are like sheep in the headlights and get easily scared and sell at the slightest sign of the price going down. But the price will always recover and go even higher. Like I said before, the market of buyers is growing exponentially.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

We just saw that in the "Will you sell at $1000?" that 88% would not.  So presumably, if the price even went to $200, LOTS of "Buy and Hold" people would buy like crazy.  (I know I would.)

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
phlogistonq

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:00:02 PM

A big selloff doesn't change the fundamentals of bitcoin.
It'll go back up, and probably quite rapidly as people seize the opportunity to get cheap coins.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:00:58 PM

We just saw that in the "Will you sell at $1000?" that 88% would not.  So presumably, if the price even went to $200, LOTS of "Buy and Hold" people would buy like crazy.  (I know I would.)

I'll be in at $250 Wink

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:02:49 PM

why not just sell, it's a sellers market atm
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: