Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 12:52:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: litecoin asic miner  (Read 698 times)
xrash (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:43:59 PM

Is there an asic litecoin miner yet or one in development
raspcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:43:55 PM

Not really. The volume simply is not there; moreover, scrypt was designed to prevent ASIC and FPGA specialized mining from pushing out GPU mining, so the effort would require too much work with current prices.

xrash (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:27:57 PM

I thought i heard the only problem is that Litecoin requires a substantial amount of memory which the asics do not have.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:39:47 PM

there seems to be a big and legit company working on developing an Asic scrypt miner, I dont have any information rather this post, I was following this thread for couple of months and today they announced this https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,2859.msg54095.html#msg54095

the thread was started on April 2013, so I guess they were planning/working on it for around 7 months now, but there is still no evidence shown except the CEO of the company that will be developing the product making an official annoucment in the Hindu news paper, I looked into it and they seem legit.

quoted

Today we are officially announcing our main partners who we have been working with in silence for the past months on this project. Here is some information on who they are and what they are doing with us:

Dexcel Electronic Designs is our main partner in the design and manufacturing of our Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miners. Headquartered in Bangalore,  India, Dexcel Electronic Designs is a 13 year old high end embedded product engineering company with fabless OEM/ODM Box build capability. Their engineering team consists of highly qualified and skilled resources in hardware, software and mechanical engineering capabilities . A state of the art design centre is located at the headquarters to undertake hardware, software and programmable logic design work. Dexcel is led by a team of highly experienced professionals in its area of specialization, with an average experience exceeding 15 years. Experience range from Supercomputing platform designs , image processing , defence and aerospace designs . The design team have worked on several state of the art designs  in the areas of software, systems architecture, involving ASICs, FPGAs , and DSPs. Dexcel Designs have worked on numerous projects nationally and internationally.

Alpha Technology has partnered with Dexcel Designs to work on designing the suitable hardware for Litecoin mining starting with FPGA conceptualisation of Scrypt algorithm until designing of dedicated ASIC hardware. We will take advantage of Dexcel Designs’ expertise, manufacturing capabilities and workforce in order to have a quality and efficient system in order to shorten the time frame from design to final shipment of our miners to the customer. Dexcel Designs are design partners with Intel, Texas Instruments, Altera , Xilinx , Analog Devices etc. These partnership’s provide Dexcel Designs and Alpha Technology even further resources which are normally not openly available.

Dexcel Designs Website: http://dexceldesigns.com/

Dexcel Designs CEO Amit Sinha announces our partnership in ‘The Hindu’: http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnataka/are-cryptocurrencies-the-way-of-the-future/article5314739.ece

Alpha Technology Announcement: http://alpha-t.net/news/partnership-announced
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: