Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 06:27:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex Overwhelmed?  (Read 81 times)
MTwallet (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:14:17 PM

Tried to open an account and was greeted to this message.

"Due to several major exchanges closing their doors to new registrants, we are experiencing a surge in new sign-ups. In some cases, profile verifications may take up to several weeks. We thank you for your patience."
I was able to complete the process and a message indicating that an email will arrive to finalize the process. It has been almost a week and no email has been sent. Has anyone else experienced this?
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 7106

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 07:28:51 PM

That's normal. I remember that Poloniex always sucked and it's not different now. If they are actually getting an abnormal amount of new users, it's going to take a while.

Like they said: "profile verifications may take up to several weeks", so just sit and wait.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MTwallet (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:32:43 PM

Yep. Makes sense------------Hurry up and wait.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:56:10 PM

While I completely agree with what TryNinja said, I very much doubt that Poloniex is experiencing an influx of new users -- this exchange is only going backwards with its volumes, and everything points at an outflow of users instead of the opposite. Less volume means less usage, which should be an important and decisive indicator. Binance is swallowing the far majority of the users, followed up by Bittrex, which opened its registrations very recently. If this downfall of Poloniex continues, and I have no reason to think otherwise, they will be covered under a thick layer of other exchanges doing better business. Feel sorry for Poloniex though.

24 hour volumes.

Poloniex 6400 BTC
Bittrex 70,000 BTC
Binance 200,000 BTC

Sure, Verge is pushing some serious volumes, but even without Verge, Poloniex heavily lags behind, and that for months straight, and only falls further.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2884
Merit: 773

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:44:48 PM

While I completely agree with what TryNinja said, I very much doubt that Poloniex is experiencing an influx of new users -- this exchange is only going backwards with its volumes, and everything points at an outflow of users instead of the opposite. Less volume means less usage, which should be an important and decisive indicator. Binance is swallowing the far majority of the users, followed up by Bittrex, which opened its registrations very recently. If this downfall of Poloniex continues, and I have no reason to think otherwise, they will be covered under a thick layer of other exchanges doing better business. Feel sorry for Poloniex though.

24 hour volumes.

Poloniex 6400 BTC
Bittrex 70,000 BTC
Binance 200,000 BTC

Sure, Verge is pushing some serious volumes, but even without Verge, Poloniex heavily lags behind, and that for months straight, and only falls further.
Thanks for the shared up about those volumes,yet i wasnt aware that they are handling too much with that transaction on 24 hour duration which its clearly seen that Binance do handling out enormous volume which we can say they are really capable on handling such users without any problems and its normal to think on that sooner or later lots of exchanges would able to cover poloniex in terms of service but well we wont know if they would able to make a comeback once they do open and do improve their site once again.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:14:03 AM

"Due to several major exchanges closing their doors to new registrants, we are experiencing a surge in new sign-ups. In some cases, profile verifications may take up to several weeks. We thank you for your patience."
I was able to complete the process and a message indicating that an email will arrive to finalize the process. It has been almost a week and no email has been sent. Has anyone else experienced this?

Well, they always had issues with customer service.

Previously the issue was that customer support tickets weren't responded to on time, and now it seems like they are still understaffed on the account verification end of things. It's not surprising to see that, when they can't even respond to tickets on time.

All you can do is wait for them to complete your verification. Since you're not a legacy account holder, you're not going to be able to withdraw any amount of money without being verified.

I wouldn't really recommend using poloniex though, only use it if it's your only option. Even though circle has bought them, there seems no sign of progress in regards to customer service which they have a bad rep for.

Smiley
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:24:20 AM

I've heard a bunch of cases before where poloniex was delaying verification of accounts for weeks to months. So it's not a particularly new problem to poloniex, but the fact that there was a surge of new sign ups definitely didn't help either, I guess.

They're just putting a notice out for an existing issue. It's nothing new to them at all, but they're just choosing to put out a warning publicly now.

Poloniex is pretty unreliable as an exchange due to their unresponsive customer support. If you have any issues, there is virtually nobody that is going to assist you through the process of remedying the situation. And for that reason, the volume of poloniex dropped a lot in recent days. I've also had pending withdrawal issues myself with poloniex, and that problem seems to persisting. Honestly, I'd avoid poloniex for now.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:12:54 PM

Poloniex heavily lags behind, and that for months straight, and only falls further.

That's obviously impossible to ignore, but it's important to realize that Poloniex has been going backwards before they were taken over by Circle. It's pretty normal that there hasn't been a shift in that process. It takes a good while before Circle's influence will change the structure from inside. If that exchange manage to fundamentally improve this year, perhaps they might need longer, but if they manage to improve, the users will flow back. In order to attract interest, they at some point will come up with tools that other exchanges don't offer, and that with the approval of the SEC gives them the advantage over any other exchange in that regard. I would say give it some time, and that exchange at some point will regain its dominant position within this market. Binance has grown too large, which I like to see change. Binance benefits from the strict regulations affecting other exchanges, and that won't last endlessly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: