Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:49:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Developers Wanted - first open source intellectual property system  (Read 4897 times)
vintagetrex (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:14:45 PM

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:19:03 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 05:27:49 PM by vintagetrex

vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:20:40 PM

vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:39:43 PM

Nemesis has the ability to open source intellectual property from every corporate office in the world.  It will do much more than that.  It will compensate individuals for their innovative contributions to society.  
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:23:26 PM

Is this how you intend to 'build' your project?  - just make a 1000 memes and declare it so.  If you have a gun in the house I suggest you remove it.  Your grand failure is more imminent than you think.
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:30:20 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 03:23:59 PM by vintagetrex

Is this how you intend to 'build' your project?  - just make a 1000 memes and declare it so.  If you have a gun in the house I suggest you remove it.  Your grand failure is more imminent than you think.

You are doing me a tremendous service by trolling my thread.  

1) you eliminate possible developers who can't think for themselves
2) you keep bumping it to the top
Jumpy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:02:09 AM

I apologize for the broken link. I used the wrong button so it linked as an ftp URL. http://bitcoinbabble.com/?p=170

The one above should work.

The OP was not clear about the idealized system, and since you claimed to be competing with the USPTO I was assuming you intended to provide protection for work. You put a lot of detail into the proposition of this currency, but I still don't see a value proposition for the inventor/creator, unless we assume that someone will give credence to these coins.

The arguments I laid out were based on my assumptions because the OP wasn't complete. It would be better if you put some more time into fleshing out the system you want.

PM me if you want to advertise on this signature.
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:23:42 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 05:32:10 PM by vintagetrex

I apologize for the broken link. I used the wrong button so it linked as an ftp URL. http://bitcoinbabble.com/?p=170

The one above should work.

The OP was not clear about the idealized system, and since you claimed to be competing with the USPTO I was assuming you intended to provide protection for work. You put a lot of detail into the proposition of this currency, but I still don't see a value proposition for the inventor/creator, unless we assume that someone will give credence to these coins.

The arguments I laid out were based on my assumptions because the OP wasn't complete. It would be better if you put some more time into fleshing out the system you want.

Thanks.  I did put a lot of thought into this concept.  I invent for a profession and always want my work to be top notch.  

Value for the claim specific currencies will come from advertising rights that are paid for in the specific currency.  Demand for viewing the submitted content drives demand for advertising alongside the submitted content, which drives demand for the currency.  I think this is novel for crypto currencies, which are becoming more like crypto corps.  I think of them more as corporate stock than currency.  

I also believe that if you have a new innovation yet to be published, society gets wealthier when you publish it.  The disclosure transaction makes the world wealthier.  A person discloses the information to society in exchange for coins.  To balance both sides of this equation in equilibrium, the coins should be worth a decent amount depending on the value of the information disclosed.    

value given by inventor to society = value given by society to coins
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:39:42 PM

Can we take the OP serious?

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:17:35 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 05:34:11 PM by vintagetrex

Can we take the OP serious?

Yes, you can take me seriously.  The work on publicly verifiable proof of storage is my own.  It takes a lot of info from a paper on the subject but I also made changes to that proposal because it didn't provide a way to verify the proof of storage easily enough, or for a way to have a network of miners verify in a single hash.  Publicly verifiable proof of storage was not done in academics until 2008.  That is probably the reason Bitcoin is not well suited to handle that function.  

I don't consider myself a CS expert btw.  I am a creative logician and have used that to invent high quality concepts and ideas in multiple fields.  
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:55:47 PM

I am a creative logician and have used that to invent high quality concepts and ideas in multiple fields.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin   Roll Eyes

Don't forget egoist!!  You are also a big egoist.  I hope you put your high quality concepts into your IP locker already! 

What a bonehead. 
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:38:16 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 02:31:23 AM by vintagetrex

I am a creative logician and have used that to invent high quality concepts and ideas in multiple fields.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin   Roll Eyes

Don't forget egoist!!  You are also a big egoist.  I hope you put your high quality concepts into your IP locker already!  

What a bonehead.  

I'm starting to warm up to you man.  Its like you are secretly my number one fan or something.  I used to love trolling all the time on xbox live.  I'm proposing a way to open source someone else's information: corporate america troll for the lulz!

People want to know that the person behind it is smart with a history of creating cutting edge innovations.  I have a history of innovating and a history of getting screwed by the patent system!  I can't have put my IP into my system yet, and that shows me the tremendous change society is about to experience.  Its kinda weird that as the inventor of this system, I am one of the last inventors to be forced to rely on the old system.  Seems a bit off right?  The USPTO was designed to do this through special interest and lobbies.  In my opinion its design, today, is to remove wealth from innovators and reallocate it to another part of society.  

>egoist
       > see: Mark Zuckerberg
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:44:51 PM

it opens the door for an unbalanced range and non-optimal strategy.

welcome to the forums peter joseph  Grin

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:05:47 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2013, 05:26:18 PM by vintagetrex

it opens the door for an unbalanced range and non-optimal strategy.

welcome to the forums peter joseph  Grin

please explain peter joseph and his ideas

Ok you didn't explain.  Anyways I will.  He believes environment cannot be removed from the process of invention.  What if the best strategy for innovation is lack of structure/imposing environment and the mechanism for innovation is random bit generation?  

It reminds me of this concept I was toying with one time: genetic autonomy.  Seeing as someone else's genetics probably have a fair amount of control on your environment, how do you balance your range against all other genes to retain your genetic autonomy?  That is how do you prevent someone else's genes changing the expression of your genetically inherited traits via an environmental influence?  

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: